Diminished returns?

Nlalston

Well, today was my first day of a relationship with an eGo Twist vaping unit. What I have noticed is that the first couple of draws would give me the throat hit that I wished to get. After that, however, each succeeding draw would yield diminished hits. The only way to counter this, it seemed, was to power off, and back on again. Each time that action was effectuated, I would find the first couple of pulls (again) with good throat hits. Has anyone else experienced anything of this nature?

Before you started vaping did you put the battery on a charger and let it fully charge? If you did then I'd say get in contact with the vendor and get a new one. If not, put it on the charger and make sure it's topped up. Even though they come partially charged it might not have enough oomph to work at its best. Just a thought. :)

That may be an advantage the Spinner has. I can tell when my standard Ego Batteries are getting close to dying and they drop off in performance some but the Spinner always maintains until the light blinks.

Good to know, next time I want a battery I'm going to try a spinner.

Good to know, next time I want a battery I'm going to try a spinner.

I started using the one I am using now Sunday at the lake and it still is performing fully right now. I am amazed how long these things last.

1300 fat bat?

Vision Spinner 1300MAH. I started using it Sunday morning about 10am and it just blinked dead literally 5 minutes ago. I feel like I vape a lot, but maybe I don't vape as much as I thought. I see some saying theirs last all day, but mine last 2-3 days.

Buncha lightweights lol

I get at most 5 hrs. from a 650 twist and ~10 hrs. from my 1300 mah spinners.

I go through 4-5 mls. of juice a day,sometimes more. :baby:

Good Lord lol. I don't see how. I vape all day at my desk at work, my PV goes everywhere I go. It is on a lanyard when I am not at my desk. I cannot imagine how I could vape any more than I do and I barely use 2ml per day if that.

The protank gets about 2.5 ml per day but if I use the boge 510 it's closer to 4ml per day. Guess the initial fill of 1 ml last a matter of minutes since it's only good for about 15 good puffs then I drip between 2-4 drops there after every few minutes.

Good Lord lol. I don't see how. I vape all day at my desk at work, my PV goes everywhere I go. It is on a lanyard when I am not at my desk. I cannot imagine how I could vape any more than I do and I barely use 2ml per day if that.

He could be using old batteries, coupled with low-resistance units, picking up the PV every 5 minutes, and drawing to the battery's max. He's also been Vaping for quite some time, too.

Personally, I use up a 2000 mAh 18650 battery in around 8 hours, and go through about 3ml of juice a day.....then again, my atty is at 0.8 ohms, and I take huge pulls thanks to drilling out my airhole to 1.6mm...which is still too tight, IMHO. Whenever I go back to my eGo setup, it feels like I'm trying to drink a super-thick milkshake through a stir-stick. :blink:

He could be using old batteries, coupled with low-resistance units, picking up the PV every 5 minutes, and drawing to the battery's max. He's also been Vaping for quite some time, too.

Personally, I use up a 2000 mAh 18650 battery in around 8 hours, and go through about 3ml of juice a day.....then again, my atty is at 0.8 ohms, and I take huge pulls thanks to drilling out my airhole to 1.6mm...which is still too tight, IMHO. Whenever I go back to my eGo setup, it feels like I'm trying to drink a super-thick milkshake through a stir-stick. :blink:

I use pretty much 2.2 ohm for everything and vape at around 3.5-3.8v depending on the liquid. The only liquid I vape over 4v is my tobacco flavor and I rarely use that anymore unless I am drinking. Then again, I am using "plain jane" equipment based on a lot of others setups on here. I love it, it satisfies me fully, and cannot imagine anything being any better lol. I have never hit the cutoff on my Spinner, and I have intentionally tried.

I know the milkshake thing. After using Kanger stuff thats what Vision stuff feels like to me. I put on my Vivi Nova just to make sure I didnt like it still before giving it to a friend and thats what it felt like. I thought my head was going to suck in like a deflating balloon lol.

Before you started vaping did you put the battery on a charger and let it fully charge? If you did then I'd say get in contact with the vendor and get a new one. If not, put it on the charger and make sure it's topped up. Even though they come partially charged it might not have enough oomph to work at its best. Just a thought. :)

Yes. Even though both units registered a 'green' lamp, when connected to the USB charger, I plugged up the one I intended to use, and let it stay that way for at least three hours. I don't vap, like crazy, with this thing. Each time I power it on I only put about 4-5 draws on it. That is enough to satisfy me, and I have done that three times today, so far.

The same thing happened with my Smoke51 Ecig kit that I had bought, a good while back. The first couple of pulls on on it would be nice, strong hits. After that? Not nearly the same, unless you put it up, for a bit, and came back to it later.

The same thing happened with my Smoke51 Ecig kit that I had bought, a good while back. The first couple of pulls on on it would be nice, strong hits. After that? Not nearly the same, unless you put it up, for a bit, and came back to it later.

What is your pg/vg ratio?

Im laughing at the lightweight comments too. Guess Im a lightweight too.

Edited by Bebop12

What is your pg/vg ratio?

Very good question, and one that I have absolutely NO CLUE as to what you are asking . Please let me know how to go about finding such info out. Advanced thanks.

well if it doesnt tell you on the bottle... how thick is the liquid? the thicker it is... the more VG you have in it. im sure there is a way to actually test the liquid and find it out... but that is probably really hard and you would need nothing short of a university science lab.

well if it doesnt tell you on the bottle... how thick is the liquid? the thicker it is... the more VG you have in it. im sure there is a way to actually test the liquid and find it out... but that is probably really hard and you would need nothing short of a university science lab.

Well, I had looked on the bottle's label, but saw that there were no values listed - save for nicotine (18mg), and liquid content (3.7ml). As far as the juice's thickness is concerned, I guess that I could liken it to the consistency of cough syrup.

I am pretty much in the dark about a number of things regarding my kit, and wished that I hadn't been so hasty in purchasing it. Oh, I would have wound up with one from somewhere - that very same day - but I (knowing what I know now) would not have bought from where I did. There is no ratio information on my juice bottles; the adjusting cap, at the bottom of BOTH of my battery casings are all but impossible to turn, and there isn't any information, anywhere in the packaging, which states what MAH rating the batteries are. It is my assumption that the adjusters will, eventually, turn a bit easier with use, but it would have been nice to know the rating of the batteries in my units.

As I had already mentioned, I am not into heavy vaping, but what vaping I DID do, today, should have drawn the battery down some - especially with my having forgotten to initiate that 5-button press within 1-1/2 secs. To power down. However, when I put the unit on charge, tonight, it's battery was still green. Now, either something is wrong with BOTH of my batteries, or they are of a higher capacity rating than I had figured them to be.

I generally vape anywhere from 3.2ml on a light day (like today) to 6.4ml on a heavy day. Generally I'm right about 4.8ml, though. Having said that, I can go through my eGo 900mah battery in a day pretty easily. The same is fairly true on my 1100mah Smoketech Winder VV battery. The difference though is that I usually set the voltage for 3.6v to 4.2v depending on what I'm vaping (3.6v to 3.8v for fruity flavors, 3.8v to 4.2v for tobacco or menthol flavors). At 4.2v, that 1100mah battery will be dead in 3.2ml almost exactly (two CE5 tanks), which can be a little discouraging but the variable voltage makes up for it and I always have my 900mah standing by and ready.