What is your epic Juice disaster?

My favorite juice just arrived in the mail and I immediately went to fill my carto. In hast, I unscrewed the cap of a 30 ml bottle, turned it upside down to fill and the drip top came off. All, but about 3 mils, was quickly absorbed by my jeans and sofa cushion. LOL! :cry:

Lesson #73 - ALWAYS check to make sure the drip top is securely attached to the bottle before using.

I had just filled up my 3.5ml Viva Nova with my favorite Blue Honey and I placed the collar then the VN on the battery. Then I noticed that I had put it on the wrong battery so in a rush I quickly unscrewed what I thought was the VN from the collar but the bottom of the VN must not have been on tight because the whole bottom of the VN came off and 3.5ml of my favorite juice spilled into my Nursing uniform lap just before having to walk into her home. :wallbash: I am a Home Health Nurse. I shyly explained. She was so proud that I had quit smoking it took all the tension about the big grease spot you know where. :blushing:

Mine was when I went to unscrew my rebuildable clearo CE4 off the battery to put a new battery on and took the tank off instead, juice running all down my hands dripping onto the screen of my iPad. had a screen-protector on it, nothing happened to the iPad, but man... greasy stuff, that juice. I now double-check where I am grabbing the rebuildables every time now.

Nothing all that "epic" for me, but I have dropped mine several times where the cap of my T2 popped off and the liquid spilled out. Probably the worse was when I was trying to transfer from one bottle to the other. I order mostly 100ml bottles but they are too tall for the travel case I use, so I keep 50ml bottles and split them up for easier carrying. I was squeezing a bottle of Strawberry Fields into a 50ml bottle and I obviously was squeezing too hard and the tip shot off and about 30-40ml ended up on the counter.

"3.5ml of my favorite juice spilled into my Nursing uniform lap just before having to walk into her home. :wallbash:"

The best learned lessons come from loosing something near and dear to us. I am so sorry for you Patricia! :(

Mine was when I went to unscrew my rebuildable clearo CE4 off the battery to put a new battery on and took the tank off instead, juice running all down my hands dripping onto the screen of my iPad. had a screen-protector on it, nothing happened to the iPad, but man... greasy stuff, that juice. I now double-check where I am grabbing the rebuildables every time now.

Thank goodness the iPad survived the 'great flood'! :yes

Nothing all that "epic" for me, but I have dropped mine several times where the cap of my T2 popped off and the liquid spilled out. Probably the worse was when I was trying to transfer from one bottle to the other. I order mostly 100ml bottles but they are too tall for the travel case I use, so I keep 50ml bottles and split them up for easier carrying. I was squeezing a bottle of Strawberry Fields into a 50ml bottle and I obviously was squeezing too hard and the tip shot off and about 30-40ml ended up on the counter.

Now, what I really want to know is, did you try to salvage any of the spilled juice?????? I know I would be trying to scoop up the better part of that juice spill!

Just did this with my protank (D'oh!). My victim was my mac keyboard. The numeric keypad is still touch-and-go. :-(

Just did this with my protank (D'oh!). My victim was my mac keyboard. The numeric keypad is still touch-and-go. :-(

Now I know where, at least, 2 guys are spending most of their time.... on the computer! But it sounds like sonofzell's computer took the hardest hit :crybaby:

Yes, ya gotta be careful unscrewing alot of these tanks, especially the ones that don't have knurling (so you can grip it good) on the bottom. If you don't grip the atty or bottom cap portion, you end up with a mess.

I used to think spilling/knocking over my ashtrays was terrible. E-cigs can be just as messy. Ha.

Edited by ArnieH

• 3 weeks later...

Today at worked I noticed a piece of string or something caught in the thread of my vivi nova and I wanted to make sure it wasn't a crack so I tipped it upside down and unscrewed the bottom. Out came 1ml of juice through the drip tip since un screwing it released the plastic thing sealing the lid and tank. Didn't have a back up on me :(. Lesson learned.

• 2 months later...

I DIY all my own juice so i can always make it when i get low.. But the worst one was just a day ago. I dumped over a 250 ml bottle and the cap wasn't on tight and poped off. I had forgot to tighten it... Lost about 30-35ml into the carpet. :wallbash:

• 2 weeks later...

Ow, Compenstine, that had to hurt.

Mine was a series of errors. After I got my Davide, after I finished most of the first tank, I went to unscrew the base to refill (while, all the time, asking hubby to hand me the 618), except, I didn't unscrew the knurled part, I unscrewed the smooth metal above that.....so essentially, my Davide came apart in my hand, with juice dripping down my hand.

Then, once I got my Zmax, I got in the habit of tightening the Evods too tight half the time. So when I would go to take them off......you guessed it, part of the time, the base stayed attached to the zmax. First time it happened right over my keyboard (yikes!). Every other time I went to take an Evod off, I would do it over my lap or at least the portion of my desk between my keyboard and me that has a towel on it for accidental spills. But I did get smart after the first couple of times, and when I would take an Evod off, I would do it inverted, so I didn't spill any liquid, lol. Then I FINALLY figured out what was causing it the last time it happened, when it was tight enough that I couldn't unscrew it even after I removed the coil, and hubby had to do it. So, of course, not having that problem anymore, but I lost, well, I think around a total of 15 ml of juice just from those Evod disasters.

Lol... did the same thing when I first started and had a CE5, minus the iPad or Keyboard, instead 2.5ml all over my battery, my hand and my lap. I was in my office so everything smelled like a Mellonball for the rest of the day! :wacko:

Ordered my fav unicorn blood from fuzion 30mil payed 3 day shipping.. took the cap off to use a syringe for my carto and accidentally knocked it on the floor in my excitement.. about 5ml was left..

Ouch thats a worse hit than what I took,

Like my spill the 3 second rule don't work for E-Liquid. :dizzy:

• 2 weeks later...

I was a little too inebriated at a friend's place and needed to refill my cartridge. This was when I was first starting out, and wanted to "show it off" to the best of my ability.

My friends wanted to watch me to see how I did it (only a few of them used e-cigs, most just smoked regular analogs).

Well, the dripper never made it to the cartridge before I started squeezing.

Squeezed out about 3ml 'til I realized what was happening...

There were TWO lessons learned:

1) Pre-fill to last through a night out

2) Don't drink and drip!

• 3 weeks later...

Leave it to me to outshine my own previous stupidity!

So I head into the bathroom, armed with the iPhone and my PV (don't judge me - with 3 kids it's the only peaceful place in the house lol). As I'm settling into "the position" with the PV in my mouth and the phone in hand... Crash!

There I am, in all my glory... the Kanger drip tip still in my teeth, a broken tank laying in its own juice on the tile floor, and my pants around my ankles.

"One of those days" indeed.

Leave it to me to outshine my own previous stupidity!

So I head into the bathroom, armed with the iPhone and my PV (don't judge me - with 3 kids it's the only peaceful place in the house lol). As I'm settling into "the position" with the PV in my mouth and the phone in hand... Crash!

There I am, in all my glory... the Kanger drip tip still in my teeth, a broken tank laying in its own juice on the tile floor, and my pants around my ankles.

"One of those days" indeed.

You really were holding your PV, with a glass tank, in your mouth by your teeth? Or did your hand slip?