New to vaping, and I have ALOT of questions!

Vaporchick1

I've been vaping for about a month and I love it. However, the more I get into vaping, the more questions I have. So, I decided to join so that I could learn more. lol, I want to be able to answer all of the questions people ask me when they see me vaping!:)

I'm going to sound really dumb, but firstly, what is the difference between a cartomizer and an atomizer? Also, I get confused on the whole dripping and cartridge thing. I'm currently using the ego-t. Lastly (for now) sometimes when I vape, it kinda tastes burnt, even with a new cartridge. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Sorry, like i said I'm very new to it.

Cartridge+atomizer=cartomizer, like a 2 in 1

Cartomizers typically don't last as long as atomizers without a bit of maintenance, but they hold more juice at at time and you can
get a tank carto that will hold enough for days.

Dripping is when you drip e-liquid onto the wick of the atomizer, which should help with the burnt taste you get.
Try 2-3 drops at time directly in the atty and see how that works :)

When I was using the ego T, I had intermittent trouble with the liquid wicking to heating element and causing burnt hits. Needless to say I didn't use the ego T tank system long.

cartomizers (cartridge with filler plus atomizer combined) are a bit more work, those that use them love them.

The good news is that there are some tank systems available that work with the ego battery you have and work much better.

I did used to end up just removing the tank...drip a couple drops to the heating element...replace the tank and vape.

If you take a look around the Marketplace http://vaportalk.com/marketplace/

type into the search field.... vivi nova mini, evod, kanger MT3, kanger mini protank.

All of these are much easier to use and work alot better.

I used cartomizers and never cared for them. The vapor didn't taste as well as the cartridge and atomizer system and they were kind of a pain in the butt to fill. That said, I much prefer tanks over cartidges or cartomizers. The new Innokin iClear dual coil clearomizer will work with your eGo battery, as well as any CE4 or CE5 tanks. You have a ton of options available to you!

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/Innokin-iClear-16-Dual-Coil-Clearomizer-Holds-16ml-Changeable-Atomizer-Head--Single_p_767.html

I used cartomizers and never cared for them. The vapor didn't taste as well as the cartridge and atomizer system and they were kind of a pain in the butt to fill. That said, I much prefer tanks over cartidges or cartomizers. The new Innokin iClear dual coil clearomizer will work with your eGo battery, as well as any CE4 or CE5 tanks. You have a ton of options available to you!

http://www.aquavaporcig.com/Innokin-iClear-16-Dual-Coil-Clearomizer-Holds-16ml-Changeable-Atomizer-Head--Single_p_767.html

I agree, Once I got into clearomizers and tanks, cartomizers were like breathing through a wet towel or something, with all that soggy filler material in there. Never used the 3 piece system. That was really before my time.

Edited by ArnieH

Personally I swap between a boge 510 carto, kpt, and ce4's during the course of the day. All produce different amount of vapor, the flavor is also different and the taste. But I'm a kpt or boge carto guy. The carto is kinda touchy, you have to experiment with those and learn what a dry hit tastes like (still produces tons of vapor but it's lacking moisture), to much juice it floods and leaks, not enough and you can burn the carto. If you don't mind tweaking as you vape cartos are great but the best delivery system to me is still the kpt.

Edited by Love2VapeDaily

okay. you're probably even more confused now laugh out loud.I'm going to try to make this as simple as possible.

You have an eGo T. that is a three-piece system. a battery, an atomizer, and a tank.

in your system, you will have to change the atomizer which is located just above the battery. your tank when you plug it in is essentially plugging into the atomizer. a cartomizer, it's a two piece system where the tank and the atomizer are in one unit.

dripping is a method that requires a different set up then you have.

If you are experiencing a burnt taste then likely you will have to change your advisor which you should have got in your kit it's a small round cylindrical piecethat fits just above your battery. in your system, you're atomizer should last you 1 or 2 weeks. you will normally have to change your atomizer once every couple of weeks.

its not that what you have been told in this thread is incorrect. there is just a lot there that is a bit much for a newbie to grasp. Read kitsunes post 4 links to figure out how to upgrade your system to a little better performance.

Good luck!

Thanks alot for all of the advice you guys! Thanks to your posts, links, and youtube (haha). I have learned a ton. This stuff is confusing though! I wonder, is the ego twist a good system? I'm not sure why, but I'm not very comfortable with the idea of dripping right now, but I do want to switch cartridges.

• 3 weeks later...

I still am using the same Spinner I started on yesterday morning about 10am. Unreal how long these things hold a charge. My wife prefers the 1000mah non vv and designer batteries so I now have 4 1300mah Spinners. We traded.

MY 1000 twist last 7-8 hours but Ive been home since Ive gotten it so Its been a pacifier lol .Thats why I have 2 Just in case. If you get an ego twist try to get 2 . or if the spinner has better numbers id rather have that because on the twist you have to hope the light reflects on it enough to see .I have 20/20 vision and its too hard . I may paint the numbers on it or something .