Addictives Other Than Nicotine

Breal

I'm not sure if all the info is still valid, but it seems that the cartridge they tested gave only a fraction of the nicitine as comparred to a real cig. This may be why some still experience withdrawl. I'm not sure which nicotine level cartridge they refer to though.

Here is the article I was trying to find. Look under summary-findings on page 3.

http://www.ecigarett...fety-report.pdf

Yes, I have heard of that! It's really exciting science. From what I've read in the past week, nicotine, like most substances, requires density. Vapor is not as good a delivery system as smoke from a cigarette -- smoke is more dense. The way this Biochemistry professor tried to explain it to me, he said that smoke also gives nicotine a 'sticky' substance. As the cilia in your lungs serves to clean, filter, and absorb, smoke sticks, thereby allowing a longer lasting nicotine delivery system which damages the cilia. I'm not a Biochemist, and I'm not explaining it as concisely as she did, but it made sense.

I wish there were a list of different cigarette brands and their nicotine content. Someone here said that we get about 1 mg nicotine absorption per cigarette, approximately. I would imagine that would also depend on the brand. There was also a poll on this site which asked the amount of nicotine people purchase. From what I saw, the greater number of people purchased 24 mg. So, I'm guessing, and this is just a guess, that 24 mg is the norm?

If big tobacco told us anything they would probably incriminate them self or put em out of business. i swear there putting stuff in no tobacco is natural. there pestacides and i doubt they wash the leaves. etc. etc.

very interesting read.

http://www.quitsmokingsupport.com/whatsinit.htm

There are more than 4,000 ingredients in a cigarette other than tobacco. Common additives include yeast, wine, caffeine, beeswax and chocolate. Here are some other ingredients:

Ammonia: Household cleaner

Angelica root extract: Known to cause cancer in animals

Arsenic: Used in rat poisons

Benzene: Used in making dyes, synthetic rubber

Butane: Gas; used in lighter fluid

Carbon monoxide: Poisonous gas

Cadmium: Used in batteries

Cyanide: Deadly poison

DDT: A banned insecticide

Ethyl Furoate: Causes liver damage in animals

Lead: Poisonous in high doses

Formaldehiyde: Used to preserve dead specimens

Methoprene: Insecticide

Megastigmatrienone: Chemical naturally found in grapefruit juice

Maltitol: Sweetener for diabetics

Napthalene: Ingredient in mothballs

Methyl isocyanate: Its accidental release killed 2000 people in Bhopal, India in 1984

Polonium: Cancer-causing radioactive element

If big tobacco told us anything they would probably incriminate them self or put em out of business. i swear there putting stuff in no tobacco is natural. there pestacides and i doubt they wash the leaves. etc. etc.

They don't wash the leaves! They sweep the floor of the remains and put it in the cigarette! Ha! I feel like I've smoked dirt.. which I'm sure is in there, along with ash.. BUT, on a positive note, I don't anymore! So happy. 2 months and counting.

Seriously. The sad part is, younger and dummer, I don't think knowing all of this would have stopped me. I would like to think it would have. It was a social thing. I like what they are doing in schools these days, making it sound like a disgusting habit, which it is, may be a good idea (as long as there is no cruelty to people who choose to smoke anyway) Sort of like making it 'not cool' to be a bully. Maybe it'll work. We'll see.

we all know asprin is bad for us in huge doses but we take it, alcohol we drink, etc, etc, the whole planet has an addiction to something its in our nature i guess.

You know what may work on college campuses or high schools? Two people kissing with someone spewing black gunk. Very unattractive, but not as graphic as the pictures they are going to put on packs of cigarettes. Youth feeling invincible and all that.

Sorry for the bluntness, just saying.

we all know asprin is bad for us in huge doses but we take it, alcohol we drink, etc, etc, the whole planet has an addiction to something its in our nature i guess.

Agreed. Nicotine is not the demon here. It has many and varied valuable uses.

I haven't seen much talk about the juice. What juice flavors are you vaping? I find that while I like the taste of a lot of different flavors, there are only a few that really do it for me. When you find your favorites, I think you will discover the ones that get you through the more difficult cravings. Are you trying a lot of sample sizes?

I haven't seen much talk about the juice. What juice flavors are you vaping? I find that while I like the taste of a lot of different flavors, there are only a few that really do it for me. When you find your favorites, I think you will discover the ones that get you through the more difficult cravings. Are you trying a lot of sample sizes?

Sadly, I made some noobie mistakes in ordering 30 mls bottles. I haven't found those flavors that really do it for me, yet. Not for lack of trying!! Thankfully, I've been trading them off and have tried about a dozen different flavors. Still, no 'sweet spot'. I was a Menthol smoker, but you know what, for some reason, I don't crave Menthol anymore. For some reason, I just crave something regular. Flavors are great, I love Peach from Provape, and this Dekang USA Mix that some wonderful person on this site traded with me.

It's really nice to know that when I do find it, it will help me through those difficult cravings.

yes we will :horse: im perfecting my peacekeeper as we speak as well a new camel i made but ....... :iiam: for now........

Can't wait to try your peacekeeper. Love the name. Is it a tobacco flavor?

i also have those psychological triggers like when a buddy offers you a cigarette..and old habits die hard as they say...but I just keep vaping and I like this lifestyle more

Since you've been Vaping, do you find that cigarette smoke is slow? And, if you have a cigarette, is it like you remembered? I mention it because when I ordered my first kit, since the batteries didn't last long, I had to have a cigarette every once in a while. but, after I started Vaping, it just wasn't the same. I didn't enjoy it as much. It was really frustrating. Now, I find the smell of cigarettes to be Very strong. It was so frustrating to be within two worlds.

yep tobacco flavor