Addictives Other Than Nicotine

Breal

smoking def was easier, but you dont need that many cartos, you need a atty and bottle of juice. make it easier going out for a day

Ohhhhhhhh... dripping! That's a great reason for dripping, if ever I've head one.

yep if im out all day i bring 2 full ce2's and if they run out I got my atty and juice. seems like a bunch but I dont go anyere without my car or work trucks. damn i drive to many vehicles lol.

I love dripping !!!

I gave up on worrying about being addicted to nicotine or what not.....I really like my coffee too, and sunshine and fatty foods and sugary foods, driving too fast......

I vape any where from 16-24mg just depends on the flavor I am using....some flavors need the extra nicotine kick...or maybe I just need the extra kick.

with over 4,000 known and listed chemicals sprayed on tobacco we consumed there is no doubt that there are other addictive things int there that your body is going to have to re-adapt to to get back to normal.. hope you start feeling better my friend..

it gets alot better, at least for me it did. I dont have the whole i "Need" to smoke right now type feeling. Vaping doesnt feel like an addiction for some reason to me, i can go with or without it. I dont feel the "need" to vape when i wake up or after i eat like i usually did when i smoked. Makes me wonder if nicotine is really as addictive as they say it is, or if there truly is other things in cigarettes that get you hooked

Edited by twelveday

there has to be something in cigarettes that makes it more addicting, cuz caffeine is in coffee and soda and i didnt get addicted to those as much as cigarette. Maybe it is the whole "experience" of smoking like some of those ecig manufacturers say.

Edited by twelveday

Seventy Days!! Today makes 70 days since that last cigarette. I'm so happy. I appreciate all of your support and insight, you guys.

You know how some have the tendency to over-think things, the insatiable desire to know the workings, every in and out of what is happening to them (in this case, cigarette addiction and the withdrawal of cessation)? They feel if they can just understand the thing, turn it over every which way -- length, width, breath, time -- forcing the unacceptable unknown into a tameable, neat, clear, simple and elegant proof-oriented conclusion. And, Viola! Understanding! Peace! Hope and Victory!

Yeah, well, that's me.

SO, after extensively bashing my head against a wall with all of this, I have come to a conclusion. Actually, the conclusion is not mine. It worthily belongs to KITSUNE.

I gave up on worrying about being addicted to nicotine or what not.....I really like my coffee too, and sunshine and fatty foods and sugary foods, driving too fast......

:D

very good our little padwan. you to will be a jedi. May the shartz be with you. lmao

LOL! I am sorry you all had to bear the brunt of my withdrawal insanity. You get a gold star, and may the force be with you. :D

So, observation: After relatively dealing with addictives in cigarettes other than nicotine, I find a new addiction creeping up. It's a tad concerning. Cumin. Yep, Cumin. I had chicken soup at lunch, today, and I decided that it would be nice to have cumin in my chicken soup. Pretty lame a discussion, I know, but.... wait for it!

Cumin.

The kitchen didn't have ground cumin but they did have cumin seeds, so I decided to put the whole darned seeds in my chicken soup -- *dribble.

You know in that movie Castaway where Tom Hanks finally manages to make fire, well, yeah.. He says, "I have made FIRE!, Yes I have made FIRE!!... "

I felt like walking up and down the hallway yelling, "I, yes, I have CUMIN!..", etc It was amazing.

So, I thought,.. it's time for a 7-day hiking excursion... and, then, PANIC. I can't charge my e-cigs on the trail. Uh Oh.

solar powered charger case. remember we live in 2012 lol

mega! It's hard to find sunlight on a March trail! But, I have an idea. If I get a few more 18650s (say 6 in all for 7 days--probably overkill), then I could just take my provari and 40,000 cartridges. Ha! OR I can take juices and fill them up in the shivering cold. What I cannot do is to go back to cigarettes--even for a hiking trip.

not overkill 6 batteries will prolly last 6-7 days i could picture it now you hiking down a trail with a huge backpack just with e cig stuff and a small bag with a tent and bag lol.

lol! I just have to take a picture of that. Great Spoof! Ha!

i remember seeing a video review of an actual charging case that didnt really receive direct sunlight, it was on his kitchen windowsill on a cloudy day or something, and it charged. Charges by solar or ambient light.Hope and Victory! I cant remember which one it was though, it was one of those chargers with like 2 usb inputs and a ton of other inputs for every connector imagineable, charges liek 2 mods and a cell phone and something else.

here it is http://www.valleyvapor.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_4&products_id=313

Edited by twelveday

You could always try one of these.....small, portable backup battery charger....I couldn't survive without mine these days...mostly use it for my phone/ipod on long plane trips. Would work for any type of USB device.

http://www.amazon.co...29931867&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.co...9932146&sr=8-23

http://www.amazon.co...9932266&sr=8-45

That's amazing. I can just roll that up in my sleeping bag and carry my mod on my rack. The innokin are a good idea, too, just in case 'all else fails'. (Must always have back ups.. and back ups of back ups of back ups). Mostly everyone on my team smoke cigarettes. I'm not even going to say anything. I'm just going to pull my e-cigs out and Vape.

It'll be a real test, their smoking and my Vaping. Will I want a cigarette? Even if it smells? I'll let you know after spring break.

@ twelveday... there has to be something in cigarettes that makes it more addicting, cuz caffeine is in coffee and soda and i didnt get addicted to those as much as cigarette. Maybe it is the whole "experience" of smoking like some of those ecig manufacturers say.

According to the veterans here, there are substances within cigarettes, and even substances unique to some brands of cigarettes, which enhance the nicotine. I don't like to be a conspiracy theorist, but considering all that's coming out about the Tobacco Companies sitting on the fact that there is polonium in tobacco soil for decades is only one. I got this excerpt from a research environ company.

Overview

Every year 440,000 people die in the US from tobacco use and smoke-related diseases, which is approximately 20% of all deaths in the United States. Cigarettes kill more Americans than alcohol, car accidents, suicide, AIDS, homicide, and illegal drugs combined.

While not an obvious source of radiation exposure, cigarette smokers inhale radioactive material that, over time, contribute large radiation dose to the lungs. Worse, smokers are not the only ones affected by the radiation in cigarettes. Second-hand can be just as harmful to nearby non-smokers.

Naturally-occurring radioactive minerals accumulate on the sticky surfaces of tobacco leaves as the plant grows, and these minerals remain on the leaves throughout the manufacturing process. Additionally, the use of the phosphate fertilizer Apatite – which contains radium, lead-210, and polonium-210 – also increases the amount of radiation in tobacco plants.

The radium that accumulates on the tobacco leaves predominantly emits alpha and gamma radiation. The lead-210 and polonium-210 particles lodge in the smoker’s lungs, where they accumulate for decades (lead-210 has a half-life of 22.3 years). The tar from tobacco builds up on the bronchioles and traps even more of these particles. Over time, these particles can damage the lungs and lead to lung cancer.

What I don't understand is, with that kind of a death toll, where are the independent research companies? Are they all on a smoke break or something? Yes, we have all heard it before... "Smoking will kill you. Yes, you will die from it. Your death will be painful and gruesome. Here are some pictures for you."

Really? Why is it only recently that the above has been mentioned? Why not get that out to the public in a more organized fashion? It should be common knowledge. Don't insult peoples' intelligence. We can handle the truth. We abhor partial truths.

The question is... Would the above have deterred anyone from smoking? The slogans have not. The statistics do not. The pictures will not. Would the exposure of Tobacco Companies' practices? The knowledge of the fertilizer used which augment the naturally occurring radiation in soil?.. Because knowing about the soil only gives one serious pause.

Edited by Breal

The prevailing trend in medicine these days is to attribute smoking as the cause of death to any smoker.

Even if they are 90 years old, and their body in general was dying out. If they smoked, and that at all contributed to their body failing, then smoking is the cause. Period. Forget the fact that they still lived a full and generally healthy life.

I take health warnings (especially the dire ones) regarding smoking with a grain of salt. It is politically fashionable to demonize smokers, and everything related to it.

Is smoking dangerous? Absolutely. But the fact is, some people's bodies can process the garbage, and some can't. If you live to 90, and smoked your whole life, and eventually died from lung cancer ... I don't count that as smoking killing you. Something else probably would have a week later if the lung cancer didn't get you.

Is second hand smoke deadly? Unless you are in an enclosed space with a smoker with no ventilation days on end, no, it doesn't. Car exhaust is more harmful, and people don't die young because of their daily commute.

Smoking is bad, and there are a lot of things in cigarettes which could kill you. But the dire warnings about particular ingredients are sensational, and overkill. You could pick apart everything we are exposed to in life, and find something about it that might eventually cause some kind of health problem if exposed in high enough doses. Remember - they determine these ingredients are potentially dangerous by giving tiny animals doses hundreds of times greater than anything you will ever be exposed to, and seeing what happens.

Edited by Deadpool809

That was very insightful. It is possible that the death toll due to smoking may be exaggerated. And, while the chemical testing above was done on soil and the tobacco plant and not on people, it is necessary to study the effects of said chemicals in varying doses upon rats and other animals to try to understand their affect on the human population--a necessary evil (or a great joy, if you don't like rats). And while many foods and commodities may harbor trace amounts of unhealthy substances in minute doses, moderation and common sense must play a role (a person can die from eating too much lettuce, after all).

And, I'm in total agreement about the secondhand smoke. Even in an airtight room for days, the nonparticipant would be more in danger of death by asphyxiation than the long term affects of radiation.

Edited by Breal