Addictives Other Than Nicotine

Breal

ah i see. give me around a week to 10 days and ill hook ya up with a little something i need to order empty bottles and nic, crap oh damn almost outta nic only 20 ml left

You might want to look into Whole Tobacco Alkaloid e-juice. I've been dragging my heels ordering a bottle of it, myself, but it seems better able to scratch the itch for those of us who are more addicted to the MAOIs in tobacco than to the nicotine in tobacco. The MAOIs function as mild painkillers/antidepressants.

Personally, I find the physical activity of vaping to definitely help to varying degrees with the cravings, but it's become clear to me that nicotine is not the substance in cigarettes to which I'm most addicted and, also, explains why the patch and gum never did anything for me other than make me twitchy and nervous and nauseated. I've, also, tried other natural MAOIs like passionflower root extract and they do help, but I would not advise making the same mistake I did by actually adding them to your vape.

You might want to look into Whole Tobacco Alkaloid e-juice. I've been dragging my heels ordering a bottle of it, myself, but it seems better able to scratch the itch for those of us who are more addicted to the MAOIs in tobacco than to the nicotine in tobacco. The MAOIs function as mild painkillers/antidepressants.

Personally, I find the physical activity of vaping to definitely help to varying degrees with the cravings, but it's become clear to me that nicotine is not the substance in cigarettes to which I'm most addicted and, also, explains why the patch and gum never did anything for me other than make me twitchy and nervous and nauseated. I've, also, tried other natural MAOIs like passionflower root extract and they do help, but I would not advise making the same mistake I did by actually adding them to your vape.

This sounds really risky IMHO. If a person needs an MAOI-like substance, and there is no shame in that, there are less dangerous forms, even natural, out there, I would imagine.

You know, I was never a smoker who smoked for the 'calming' effect. It was more for energy and focus (lots of pressure on the job, hyperfocus requirement).

This sounds really risky IMHO. If a person needs an MAOI-like substance, and there is no shame in that, there are less dangerous forms, even natural, out there, I would imagine.

You know, I was never a smoker who smoked for the 'calming' effect. It was more for energy and focus (lots of pressure on the job, hyperfocus requirement).

What exactly is risky? Many smokers are such because of the calming effect. That's what they get out of it and why they find it hard to quit. And why the nicotine replacement "therapies" sold by Big Tobacco/Big Pharma are completely non-effective for them.

As I said, I don't advise anyone to vape passionflower. But the WTA juices are used by many with great effect, allowing many people who were not able to quit by just vaping niquid to actually quit analogs.

What exactly is risky? Many smokers are such because of the calming effect. That's what they get out of it and why they find it hard to quit. And why the nicotine replacement "therapies" sold by Big Tobacco/Big Pharma are completely non-effective for them.

As I said, I don't advise anyone to vape passionflower. But the WTA juices are used by many with great effect, allowing many people who were not able to quit by just vaping niquid to actually quit analogs.

You are right. It's a lot better than cigarettes. And if it helps someone to stay off of cigarettes, then all the better. It's just a little scary. WTA juices are ultra expensive with its own unique addiction. Yet, if they are going through so much trouble to produce this highly intrinsic and technical product, there must be a very great need. I do apologize.

Edited by Breal

I've not read of anyone developing a brand new addiction, one specifically to WTA juice, that would differ in any measurable way from that of tobacco addiction, minus most of the harmful byproducts of combustion and many of the additives, etc. The studies on snus users are, also, interesting in that users of that product have shown no more inclination to developing the diseases commonly associated with tobacco than non-tobacco users. The issue of what is in the soil the tobacco grows in, in addition to all the harmful things American cigarette companies add to the product, seems to be a factor in this, to me.

According to the FAQ on WTFs, it is less safe than e-liquids which only contain nicotine. Because it extracts alkaloids from the tobacco leaf, they claim there may be trace carcinogens present. As with all e-liquids, they strongly advise against ingestion. As ingestion of an e-liquid is more than possible while Vaping, this can be a concern.

http://www.aromaejuice.com/Whole-Tobacco-Alkaloid-Ejuice-WTA-005WHOLETOBC.htm

There are trace carcinogens present in any cooked food and I don't think anyone, but perhaps the suicidal, are drinking e-juice, WTA or otherwise, in quantities that are likely to cause much harm. I think it's wonderful that a handful of vapers had both the scientific know-how and the initiative to invent this stuff.

There are trace carcinogens present in any cooked food and I don't think anyone, but perhaps the suicidal, are drinking e-juice, WTA or otherwise, in quantities that are likely to cause much harm. I think it's wonderful that a handful of vapers had both the scientific know-how and the initiative to invent this stuff.

Of course, I don't mean taking a shot of WTF e-liquid, but agreed. The insignificant amounts that may come out of an overfilled carto may not do any significant harm. They do claim, however, that WTFs are more addicting than regular nicotine e-liquids.

Is WTA safe?

This question should more properly be, "Are e-liquids safe?" Certainly WTA avoids the

many by-products from tobacco combustion, but there can be trace carcinogens known as

tobacco specific nitrosamines (TSNA’s). These TSNA’s can be present in E-juice, NRT's,

snus, chew, WTA, and any other product derived from tobacco. NRT’s show the lowest value

of TSNA’s. Whenever you have a tobacco product, it will most likely contain some amount

of TSNA’s. With products derived or extracted from tobacco there is always a chance of

inhaling these TSNA’s. The safest approach is not to ingest any form of tobacco product at

all. By using e-cigarettes we are aiming for a reduced risk versus smoking tobacco, but there

is risk. WTA is a more complex mixture than an e-liquid containing only nicotine. Logically,

WTA is not as safe as a nicotine only e-liquid. It is, however, this increased complexity that

we believe affords WTA the ability to help a struggling vaper not fall back to smoking analogs.

ok im sorry but I wont trust something that I cannot find and scientific studies on. the only stuff you find are what a e liquis supplier says. Ill stick to my coffee and regular e liquid.

lol! @ mega..

Addicted to Vaping. Totally. This holiday has been a long one... I just couldn't stop Vaping today (grading exams.... OH! Frustrating sometimes!). Too much nicotine. But the thought of going to 0 mg nic is just Not appealing. I need a nic-kick when I Vape.

I'm going to need an entire cabinet of assorted e-liquids of varying strengths. To boot, I'm going to need to prefill the cartos of assorted e-liquids of varying strengths.

I can see it now:

7 prefilled cartos of Coffee e-liqud (one 36 mg, one 24 mg, one 18 mg, one 12 mg, three 6 mg)

ditto on the Menthol, Tobacco, Peach, and the mystery all-day Vape I have yet to find.

Let me do the Math... 35 pre-filled cartos on standby at all times. Or 5 tanks--provided they don't get stale (does that happen?)

I don't remember all this fuss while I was smoking. Or maybe I do. I do remember wanting to smoke (especially while grading) and not being able to take another drag. Sad, I know. Of course, things are always stressful before SATs.

So, maybe I'm exaggerating. But, not by much!!

Sadly, I am definitely addicted to something other than nicotine.

Edited by Breal