Addictives Other Than Nicotine

Breal

Im going to make a movie. Here is the plot:

During the rise of e-cigarettes, it is uncovered that big tobacco is part of the government, putting highly addictive chemicals into cigarettes to keep smokers hooked and smoking. Everyone knows kids do the opposite of what they're told, and the government has forced society to drill into our brains since we were children, that smoking is "BAD", wherefore the curiousness and addiction begins. It is all part of a secret undercover project to stabilize the growing population of earth, also know as "population control". This also explains why the FDA, a government agency, is also hell bent on regulating/banning e-cigarettes. War breaks out between the vaping community and the corrupt government, with many non-vapers joining the fight not soon after. In a world falling apart, surrounded by grief, war, and death, two teens fall hopelessly in love amongst all the chaos.

Starring: Megan Fox, Shia Lebeouf

You know, there is something about Vaping 36 mg nicotine every once in a while. It just makes me feel so mellow. It makes sense, though. Although a cigarette gives a little less than 2 mg of nicotine, when all is said and done, they calculate that you only get about 1 mg per cigarette. Considering all of the additives which enhance the effectiveness of nicotine, it's no wonder the most common Vape is about 24 mg nicotine e-juice. Since you get much less than that with Vaping, it's no wonder why Vapers tend to Vape much more than they smoked. Which comes to my next intrigue: Time.

They say that it takes only 5 minutes to actually smoke a cigarette. Because I smoked 120s, it actually took me 10 minutes. Many a time, I just didn't have 10 minutes to spare, so I would have a bunch of half cigarettes in my box. But, by the end of the day, they, too, would be gone. And, I did the Math.

Twenty cigarettes at 10 minutes each, 200 minutes--3 Hours and 20 minutes! What?! Well, that's excessive, I thought, so, I compromised on the Math and brought a cigarette down to 7 minutes for the 120s. Yeah, 140 minutes--2 hours and 20 minutes!

Well, I chuckled and thought, "I guess I can live with that bit of news. What's a couple of hours." Yikes! And, then,... I remembered... That's.. per.. Day. To make myself feel a bit better, I decided it was easier to count by 2s.. Two hours a day.. and you can imagine the rest. So, I broke out the calculator.

To make a long story short, what started as a little inquiry, an intrigue, if you would, wound up involving a few mathematicians, a few called in favors on a gifted computer and its department, and a recreational physicist. A little advanced Calculus, some complex variables, a few differentials, some number theory, heavy on the combinatorics, some conservative statistics to make someone feel better, and it was clear-- taking into account the variables of life and much of the human experience, Two Weeks of Life... GONE!

Vanished!

Conclusion: Everyone needs a vacation! Ha!

QED

Edited by Breal