New York Ban Ecig Ban

Courtesy of VapeBans.com It's time for you to act again Vapor Talkers. Our fellow Vapers in New York Need Your Help!! Deadline is January 25th.

The New York State Assembly Health Committee has A01468 on its meeting agenda for this coming Tuesday, 1/25, at 12 noon. If the bill is favorably reported out of committee, it will then go to the full Assembly for a vote - where the identical bill passed unanimously last year! It did not become law only because the Senate version never got out of the Senate Health Committee last year.

Here is the bill memo and text: Bill

DO NOT FORGET TO SIGN YOUR NAME AT THE BOTTOM OF THE EMAIL BEFORE YOU SEND IT!!!! And please send the letter below.. regardless of what state you are from!!! (Do not include your address or phone number unless you are from the area with the proposed ban).

URGENT For New York!!! Emails should be sent before 1/25!!!

>>>>>If you are a PC user click here.

>>>>>If you are a Mac user Click Here

If you wish to call, you can find a full number and fax list: Here.

Did you send the letter? Respond below!

EDIT

Here is the bull, I mean bill, if you want to read it: http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?default_fld=&bn=A01468%09%09&Summary=Y&Actions=Y&Votes=Y&Memo=Y&Text=Y

To contact the New York Assembly Health Committee

Copy one of the following groups of email addresses and paste them in the “To:” section of your email depending if your email separates with semicolons or commas.

GottfriedR@assembly.state.ny.us; bingj@assembly.state.ny.us; CahillK@assembly.state.ny.us; CastelliR@assembly.state.ny.us; ConteJ@assembly.state.ny.us; CymbroS@assembly.state.ny.us; DinowiJ@assembly.state.ny.us; GalefS@assembly.state.ny.us; GuntheA@assembly.state.ny.us; HevesiA@assembly.state.ny.us; JacobsR@assembly.state.ny.us; LavineC@assembly.state.ny.us; MagnarW@assembly.state.ny.us; MayersN@assembly.state.ny.us; McDonoD@assembly.state.ny.us; MillerJ@assembly.state.ny.us; PaulinA@assembly.state.ny.us; PeopleC@assembly.state.ny.us; RiveraN@assembly.state.ny.us; RosentL@assembly.state.ny.us; SchimmR@assembly.state.ny.us; TobaccoL@assembly.state.ny.us; TownsD@assembly.state.ny.us

Or you can use the following if you need commas instead of semicolons...

GottfriedR@assembly.state.ny.us, bingj@assembly.state.ny.us, CahillK@assembly.state.ny.us, CastelliR@assembly.state.ny.us, ConteJ@assembly.state.ny.us, CymbroS@assembly.state.ny.us, DinowiJ@assembly.state.ny.us, GalefS@assembly.state.ny.us, GuntheA@assembly.state.ny.us, HevesiA@assembly.state.ny.us, JacobsR@assembly.state.ny.us, LavineC@assembly.state.ny.us, MagnarW@assembly.state.ny.us, MayersN@assembly.state.ny.us, McDonoD@assembly.state.ny.us, MillerJ@assembly.state.ny.us, PaulinA@assembly.state.ny.us, PeopleC@assembly.state.ny.us, RiveraN@assembly.state.ny.us, RosentL@assembly.state.ny.us, SchimmR@assembly.state.ny.us, TobaccoL@assembly.state.ny.us, TownsD@assembly.state.ny.us

Copy the following and paste it into the “Subject:” line of your email…

OPPOSE A1468: Electronic Cigarettes/ Nicotine Vaporizers

Then copy the following and paste it into the body on your email and then sign your name …

New York Legislator,

After many years of smoking, I now use an electronic cigarette/nicotine vaporizer instead of smoking. Section 2 of proposed legislation A1468 would ban the sale of electronic cigarettes/nicotine vaporizers to adults and I would no longer be able to purchase them in New York State. I am sure that you would not want your constituents to start smoking tobacco cigarettes again, but this will be the unintended consequence of the proposed bill.

These devices are the one thing that finally helped me stop smoking after trying so many other ways. Tobacco cigarettes deliver many dangerous chemicals, but electronic cigarettes deliver nicotine without those dangerous chemicals. I can breathe better and I feel better. I don’t cough and I don’t smell awful anymore.

I know that you have been told that e-cigarettes contain dangerous chemicals, but this is not true. The information you have been given has been proven incorrect many times and in the past 12 months additional research (for example http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/centers-institutes/population-development/files/article.jphp.pdf) has shown these products to be a safer alternative to smoking and effective for hundreds of thousands of people as a substitute for traditional tobacco cigarettes. Two federal courts have already told the FDA that the e-cigarette may not be regulated as a smoking cessation product/drug delivery device. I would ask you to please get more current information on the product and to educate yourself before voting on this bill.

I am a member of National Vapers Club and while we support bans on sales to minors we cannot support this bill without an amendment striking section 2 of the bill. There is a short 8 minute video and a webpage that we can send to our legislators so that they may educate themselves before they vote on such an important issue. Here is a link.

http://www.vapetube.com/video/519/Legislator-Educational-Video-on-electronic-cigarettes

This is the information packet with the studies referred to in the video.

http://vapersclub.com/legislaturepacket.html

We hope that you will take the time to educate yourself so that you can help protect the health of your constituents who use this product as a safer alternative to smoking tobacco cigarettes.

Thank you for your time.

I sent mine. I changed it up a bit to more reflect my own personal experience. I live in NY and it figures they want to ban them here. We have the highest tobacco taxes in the nation, with cigs at just under $10.00 per pack! There is A LOT of money to be lost when more people discover the wonders of vaping. I have personally watched a handful of people I know either quit altogether, or cut down massively due to the e-cigarettes. The disposable e-cigs are now being sold in the same convenience stores that charge an arm and a leg for the death sticks. What lawmaker has a right to tell an adult that they are perfectly free to pay through the nose for non FDA approved cigarettes, but cannot use a personal vaporizer as a safer alternative? It all boils down to one thing: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Doug M.

Thank you Chris!

It is really nice to see other people helping. The first time NY started the process to ban E-Cigs, I was stunned and had no idea it was even about to be banned here in NY. It had just passed the NYS Assembly Unanimously!

What is even more shocking was the Video clip of what transpired during that vote.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Yc2iMn7EZ5Q

It showed the complete ignorance of those representatives of the people who voted with a complete disregard for all the facts we now know were sent to them by many professionals and groups. It showed that they did not do any homework or read anything before voting on this matter, just like the Obama Health Care Bill. They did not know what these devices were and most had not even seen one. They also changed the section that was prohibiting these devices from only minors to also now include adults. How arrogant!

They took the word of a bias Committee Member, Mathew Titone who helped to sponsor this campaign and Bill and claims as a smoker, "he has tried them before". He goes on to say "what is truly shocking" are claims he makes based on his 11 year old nephews story of being able to go out and buy one with no questions asked.

Such evidence is hearsay with no actual fact, evidence or an adult witness, which Mr. Titone who is an attorney obviously knows is wrong to do. During this same claim he calls it "a delivery system of nicotine and other chemicals, and marketed as a stop smoking device that delivers an unknown quantity of carcinogenetic chemicals into a person's system". This statement alone shows he has NOT done the research or homework and not based these statements on any real facts. For an attorney who is supposed to be trained to make representations based on facts and evidence, this is truly shocking. He no longer is defending the life of one person but the entire state of NY.

The fact that these people do nothing to prepare and educate themselves before voting on bills that effect our daily lives, and do it with such arrogance should have people outraged in every facet of oppression that is continuing right now, including our very freedom according to a constitution they oppose, defying the very laws they were elected to uphold. These people pay themselves outrageous paychecks to do very little but attempt to control us to THEIR own benefit not ours.

I have NOT looked up what recently just occurred, but last research I did after writing, emailing, faxing and phoning all the representatives from NY's last attempt to ban e-cigs was that it still had to pass the NYS Assembly "Health Committee" and then be signed by the Gov. to complete the process of banning. In other wards this is "last chance to fight NOW"! If it passes here in NY other States will follow.

Does anyone know exactly when the NYS Health Committee is scheduled to vote on this matter?

Courtesy of VapeBans.com It's time for you to act again Vapor Talkers. Our fellow Vapers in New York Need Your Help!! Deadline is January 25th.

NY wants to ban e-cigarette sales to ADULTS and this will affect ALL of us. Spread the word quickly! You can send an autofill form letter in one easy step by clicking one of the links below. It will open a pre-filled email for you to send to the legislators if you want to help us prevent the bans.

DO NOT FORGET TO SIGN YOUR NAME AT THE BOTTOM OF THE EMAIL BEFORE YOU SEND IT!!!! And please send the letter below.. regardless of what state you are from!!! (Do not include your address or phone number unless you are from the area with the proposed ban).

URGENT For New York!!! Emails should be sent before 1/25!!!

>>>>>If you are a PC user click here.

>>>>>If you are a Mac user Click Here

If you wish to call, you can find a full number and fax list: Here.

Did you send the letter? Respond below!

Great job and great stories everyone. At the very least our voices will be heard.

I would also suggest everyone in NY make a note of who votes for this bill. Let's make sure you vote against them next time the elections come up. ECF, Nu Vapor, Vapor Talk, CASSA, Vapers Forum and National Vapers are all watching this closely. That's quite a few votes. :angry: