New York Ban Ecig Ban

Glad to help. As I will not be available Monday and have no access to a fax machine I fired off an email. I fondly wish they listen to us all!

Dear Sirs and Madams of the Assembly,

It has come to my attention that you are yet again trying to ban the e-cigarette, in keeping with the State New York's policy to tax, spend and oppress its residents. As a resident of New Jersey I am keenly aware of the mass exodus of the best and the brightest of our taxpaying residents to more Libertarian locales.

I am a e-cigarette user as are many of my friends and family members. I grew sick and tired of the smell and expense of smoking for 20 years. Don't get me wrong- I liked smoking and had no desire to quit, I just wanted options that didn't involve nicotine infused duct tape or a vile tasting gum. I have saved quite a bit of money and no longer smell of despair and cigarette butts.

I cannot wrap my head around why New York State would want to ban the e-cigarette after imposing draconian measures to tax tobacco out of existence yet revel in the cash cow it represents. In this day and age the people have grown weary of politician's promises, while pontificating in front of the nearest camera 'it's for the common good.' We don't all need nannying. Legislation keeping tobacco, e-cigarettes and other adults only consumables is fine with me. Children don't know what is best for them, whereas adults do.

As it stands now, New York have more pressing matters to attend to, like the fiscal apocalypse of public employee pensions and the potential municipal bond disaster that awaits both our states. Why not use this time with your brand new Governor to fix whats really broken before attending to what is not? In that vein, I respectfully request you all toss out this unnecessary and Liberty infringing legislation.

With kind regards,

Shannon [last name omitted]

Done. I hate signing my name because it always makes me nervous for some reason. Maybe I shoulda just put my first name, but then again it's not like I did something wrong, so eh. I am from Michigan, and anything that affects one of our states, affects all of us. For Freedom, For Vaping!

Wow! Love your letter. It would be a nice alternative letter for others to send should you publicly give permission for others to do so.

Thank You for sharing it. :thumbsup:

Glad to help. As I will not be available Monday and have no access to a fax machine I fired off an email. I fondly wish they listen to us all!

Dear Sirs and Madams of the Assembly,

It has come to my attention that you are yet again trying to ban the e-cigarette, in keeping with the State New York's policy to tax, spend and oppress its residents. As a resident of New Jersey I am keenly aware of the mass exodus of the best and the brightest of our taxpaying residents to more Libertarian locales.

I am a e-cigarette user as are many of my friends and family members. I grew sick and tired of the smell and expense of smoking for 20 years. Don't get me wrong- I liked smoking and had no desire to quit, I just wanted options that didn't involve nicotine infused duct tape or a vile tasting gum. I have saved quite a bit of money and no longer smell of despair and cigarette butts.

I cannot wrap my head around why New York State would want to ban the e-cigarette after imposing draconian measures to tax tobacco out of existence yet revel in the cash cow it represents. In this day and age the people have grown weary of politician's promises, while pontificating in front of the nearest camera 'it's for the common good.' We don't all need nannying. Legislation keeping tobacco, e-cigarettes and other adults only consumables is fine with me. Children don't know what is best for them, whereas adults do.

As it stands now, New York have more pressing matters to attend to, like the fiscal apocalypse of public employee pensions and the potential municipal bond disaster that awaits both our states. Why not use this time with your brand new Governor to fix whats really broken before attending to what is not? In that vein, I respectfully request you all toss out this unnecessary and Liberty infringing legislation.

With kind regards,

Shannon [last name omitted]

I immediately recieved a Form mail from 5 of the Reps, saying they can't review the emails because they recieve too many of them, so please CALL INSTEAD... as if their phones aren't ringing off the hook aarggh. Wish I had a plane ticket...

My poor phone is going hoarse from all the incoming Canned Replies.

Droid..

Droid..

Droid..

12 to date

Edited by Uma

Is there anyway that you can just copy and paste the letter here??? So I can just copy and paste into the email program I use?? I don't have any program that will open this file, I don't use outlook express. I have downloaded two programs now, neither of which will open this type of file. I really want to help. I assume the letter says where to email it to? I think it would be a lot easier for those of us who don't use outlook express. Thanks for any help. Otherwise if you tell me where to email, I will be happy to send the letter I sent to every rep and senator in IL last spring. Actually that might be easier as I have that saved in my email. Plus it isn't just a form, it is a letter I wrote. I will just change all the particulars in it as far as bill number etc. Tell me where to email it please....or if you want me to use the form letter I would be glad to that if I could gain access. My husband and I have been trying for the past almost hour to no avail as I really want to help with this. If a ban goes through in even ONE state it will be like a freaking snowball, although in NJ a year ago it ended up being overturned, but I am afraid of a snowball effect. Thanks so much!!!

Do you still need the email addresses or the letter, I would be happy to post?:rolleyes: I appreciate your effort and what you are going through. I am from NY and am sure I speak for all of us when I say Thank You!

Is there anyway that you can just copy and paste the letter here??? So I can just copy and paste into the email program I use?? I don't have any program that will open this file, I don't use outlook express. I have downloaded two programs now, neither of which will open this type of file. I really want to help. I assume the letter says where to email it to? I think it would be a lot easier for those of us who don't use outlook express. Thanks for any help. Otherwise if you tell me where to email, I will be happy to send the letter I sent to every rep and senator in IL last spring. Actually that might be easier as I have that saved in my email. Plus it isn't just a form, it is a letter I wrote. I will just change all the particulars in it as far as bill number etc. Tell me where to email it please....or if you want me to use the form letter I would be glad to that if I could gain access. My husband and I have been trying for the past almost hour to no avail as I really want to help with this. If a ban goes through in even ONE state it will be like a freaking snowball, although in NJ a year ago it ended up being overturned, but I am afraid of a snowball effect. Thanks so much!!!

Everyone should send the letter...regardless of where they live...what happens in one state adds fuel to the fire....NONE of these bans can be allowed to happen. IF they do then we MUST see to it that they are overturned. It will affect ALL of us eventually.

When I sent out over 100 emails last spring to all the reps and senators in IL, many of them emailed back asking for my physical address....DO NOT give it. I only did to one, and within an hour got an email back saying that I wasn't a constituent of whoever it was. SO I wrote back and said, fine, I hope he doesn't have aspirations of running for any statewide office because I will NOT forget his backing the bill. So with all the others I said I didn't find it necessary to give out that info. That I was a resident of IL and that is all that should matter.

So if asked to give your physical address, make up some reason, or simply state you don't give out that info when it is not necessary.