New York Ban Ecig Ban

Everyone should send the letter...regardless of where they live...what happens in one state adds fuel to the fire....NONE of these bans can be allowed to happen. IF they do then we MUST see to it that they are overturned. It will affect ALL of us eventually.

When I sent out over 100 emails last spring to all the reps and senators in IL, many of them emailed back asking for my physical address....DO NOT give it. I only did to one, and within an hour got an email back saying that I wasn't a constituent of whoever it was. SO I wrote back and said, fine, I hope he doesn't have aspirations of running for any statewide office because I will NOT forget his backing the bill. So with all the others I said I didn't find it necessary to give out that info. That I was a resident of IL and that is all that should matter.

So if asked to give your physical address, make up some reason, or simply state you don't give out that info when it is not necessary.

I gave my address and phone number ! Oh well I can't take it back. Plus I hope someone contacts me I have lots of family members who live in NY. I had 450 people at my wedding !

I gave my address and phone number ! Oh well I can't take it back. Plus I hope someone contacts me I have lots of family members who live in NY. I had 450 people at my wedding !

Like I said, I did it too on one, and I am GLAD I got the "blow off" response right away because then I knew not to give out that info to anyone else. It was basically like, you aren't voting for me anyway, so I don't care about your opinion.

I received auto responses from the senators. I highly doubt mine will be read, but I'm hoping the shear numbers of e-mails from the vaping community will sway some votes. :thumbsup:

Well being in Canada - I did my e-mail a little differently. I only sent one - to the Governor of New York (Cuomo) as he was mentioned as the LAST signee. Hope I got the right name. Worded it as a tourist to the state, ex-smoker only because of vaping (when all else failed) and USA being the 'Land of Free' with so many privileges being 'big-brothered'.

But I have a question for you - in your 'letter' I read 'I am a member of National Vapers Club' Where and how does one join this?

Edited by CoffinLess

Sent. I gave a +1 to every post in this thread. Great job guys!:thumbsup:

I didn't know what that whole rating thing was. Like what is that based on? Like just because you like the person and they haven't done anything bad? I saw it on my profile but wasn't sure what it really indicated. I am MORE than happy to send the email. Is there any info on the NC ban as far as who we need to email? We can just copy the same email and change the NY to NC, correct? Will that be posted in another thread? I think we should email ASAP and not wait till the last minute when they may not even see it in time. With he IL one I sent the stuff like a month in advance and to EVERY senator and rep even though it was a HB, but I figure it NEVER hurts to send it to all of them, because that bill ended up dying. Perhaps it will stop another from being created with them having outcry in advance. You would think with all the problems in all these states they would have more important matters to address, like creating jobs and fixing the freaking economy. ESPECIALLY since banning ANY product would adversely affect all that. ALL those people would be out of work, at least some of them collecting unemployment, it would reduce sales tax revenue. So not only is it stupid it creates problems they are allegedly TRYING to fix. Anyway, I think we should get on that NC thing ASAP.

CASAA.org

Anybody youtube nuts with a cellphone living in NYC??? Capturing those Faxes and phone calls would be a big help. Follow up at the meeting tomorrow would be great too.

Anybody know of any non-biased NYC TV reporters that would like to cover a hot story and capture the Opposing Faxes and calls coming in at the offices? Plus do a follow up and cover the meeting tomorrow as well.