510 Needs New Batteries

Hey guys! I think my 510's batteries are starting to go. (either that, or maybe I just want a new toy :innocent: ) I'm trying to save some money, so would anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking for longer life, switching batteries every 1/2 hour sucks!! From what I'm seeing, the mega batts are for sure a good option, but I could also get the ego parts... hmmm, decisions, decisions! Anyone want to chime in and give me some pro's and con's for them? To switch it up to the ego, it looks quite a bit more expensive, is it worth it? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Beck

If you're wanting to go 8-12 hours or more without recharging a battery, then the eGo batts are worth it.

Standard battery is 180 mAh, Mega batts are 280 Mah and the eGo batts are 650 mAh.

I have a couple of the mega 510 batteries and I have been very happy with them. They were what I could afford at the time and the battery life is much better than the regular 510 batteries. I do not have the Ego, but everyone really seems to like it. I will let others with the Ego/Tornado jump in here.

Indulgence quite nice as well. Not sure what the real life is, I'm an occasional vaper. Forgot to add it has four fittings, 510, 801, 901 and something else...

I just realized I need to go find them...uh oh.

Edited by FTJoe

I'm not an Ego/Tornado owner, but I do own a 510 mega battery. I love it. And even though since then I've bought a BB and a VaprLife passthrough, I still love that mega battery. There's much to be said for the holding a PV that has some weight and length to it.

But, considering that the Ego/Tornado batteries cost only a bit more than the 510 mega batteries and last 3-5 times longer, I'd have to suggest the Ego/Tornado if you can afford it. Your options are better as well with the Ego/Tornado because you can safely use the newer Low Resistance 510 atomizers.

If the Ego/Tornado was available when I bought my 510 mega battery, and I had read all the awesome reviews about it that are now available, I'd go the Ego/Tornado route instead.

In my opinion you can't go wrong with the eGo. The batteries do cost twice as much as the regular ones, but they last a whole lot longer. You would have to buy more than twice the number of the regular batteries to equal the battery life of the eGo. Because of the battery life, I think they are well worth it. I've been using the same batteries for over 3 months now and they are still going strong.

Mods are good, too, but a bit more pricey. And if something goes wrong with the unit, it would have to be sent in to be fixed. Then you are without a unit for awhile. With the eGo, if a battery goes dead, you just replace it. I have four batteries now, so if one dies, I still have three others. (I'm big on backups. :thumbup: ) But, then the batteries are more than the batteries for the mods. Also, most mods are quite a bit bigger than the eGo. It's a toss up. There are pros and cons to both. Personally, I'm so very happy with the eGo right now that I wouldn't change. But I'm not trying to talk you into the eGo instead of the mod either. Just wanted to give you a couple of things to think about and my opinion.

My vote is for the eGo. The batt life is awesome!! If money is an issue, you can just order the batt, cone & charger adapter for less than a whole kit. Another option is to look around at mods that take an 18650 batt. My 18650 batt lasts me a couple of days.

I was like you. Wanted a longer battery but just didn't want to spend another 80 bucks for a kit at the time. So I went with just ordering a Tornado battery and cone from Totally Wicked. Since I already had some 510 attys I really didn't need the whole kit to start out with. I also ordered an extension piece for my 510 charger to fit the tornado batt. I can tell you that the battery life is great and the whole unit together looks awesome.

Of course since then I've ordered another battery, a usb quick charger and a couple of Low res attys but at first just trying the battery and cone was the way to go for me. Just something to think about.

Jeff and Snubber already presented the comments I was going to make. I did the same exact thing, bought just the batt,cone and charging adapter to try it out. I no longer change batteries during the day. I charge it up each night when I get home and use the passthrough. After a week, I was convinced that this was the way to go and I went and bought the full kit from Chris. A friend of mine was also impressed seeing me with it and bought 2 kits from Chris on Monday, for him and his wife.

I think your next logical step is the ego. You can keep using your 510 items (charger,attys) and upgrade to a much longer lasting battery.

Thanks for all the responses! Last night I had pretty much made up my mind to just go ahead and get the mega batts, now I'm re-reading this all and changing my mind. Now my next mission will be to find a supplier that has the batts and charger adaptor in stock. The only place that I found that even had the adaptor's listed was Totally Wicked, but they're out of stock. :wallbash:

I think the eGo would be good if you just want a longer lasting battery. I think the eGo is the perfect smaller 3.7v e cigs.

You should also consider a silver bullet. It is bigger but it gives you the option of going 3.7v and moving up to 6v with a change of batteries. I hear a 3.7v battery will last 2-3 days on the sb :unworthy: . It does cost a little more than the eGo once you buy the batteries but I don't think you will find an "upgrade" from the silver bullet. It just seems like a top end product.

Thanks for all the responses! Last night I had pretty much made up my mind to just go ahead and get the mega batts, now I'm re-reading this all and changing my mind.

In case you change again, PCCs for mega batts are becoming pretty prevalent. And unlike a regular PCC, they hold and atty/cart and two batts (charging one).

ok, I did it! Ordered an ego from the vt store (thanks for the 10% off, Christopher!! :thumbsup: )

Great decision- I started with a 510 than on to the Ego and love not having to carry extra batts. I get 8-10 hours from my Ego and I use it as a pacifier. Next you will have to try the low resistance attys and the new 510 cartos. There is always something new for us to try.

I think I got a great deal too! I actually had it in a shopping cart at a couple other sites, and was comparing total with shipping. Got a "funny" feeling about the site I was on, remembered seeing the 10% off, went to the VT store (wasn't sure the 10% would also include the ego)... and well, now I just have to wait! I almost went with the other site because they offered it with an extra few goodies for the same price, but I decided to go with "safe." And with the extra off the price, I could stock up on Mentha :dribble: