My Way Of Giving Back

Mark

The best things I like about VTF is the knowledge of Christopher and Jeffb and the Mods here. Also, the way everyone, whether new or Veterans of this Forum, they all try to help, listen and comfort you.

When I first came here, I felt like a lost soul in a large sea of vaporers.

I had asked a few questions and got to know the great people that make up this forum.

The people here make you feel like your a part of a Family, not just a person who was new to vaping and such.

As for having something added 'new' to the forum, chatting is good, but need a video chat which (I don't know if they do or not have) would be cool.

Just to see expressions on peoples faces as you talk and crack jokes.. LOL

First Starter Kit - (noob) - Crap

Second Starter kit after learning a bit from here - (510 for the vapor and TH) Very nice

Being on VTF and getting to know Christopher, Jeffb, Mods and all the people and being one BIG Family - PRICELESS!

The thing I like about Vapor Talk forums, is the laid back sense of the people in here. I have tried many other forums, only to be dissapointed about the drama. VT is where I started, I love it here better than any other forum. Great people, great advice for new people, and fun times all around. I'd love to see a better video chat system, but as Chris has posted, so far no reasonable (not to mention affordable solution has been found) Other than that not much to make better as this is a great place to be!

Luke

Vapor talk is the best forum Ive ever been to because everybody is so nice and helping. Nobody is ever arguing or putting people down for asking questions that may be obvious or weird.

I don't even remember why I stumbled upon this forum. I think it was because I was doing research for my first MOD. I settled on the VP2 and was looking for reasons not to buy it. I couldn't find any after lurking around here. No WAIT....that's not it. I joined back in November of last year cuz i was looking for a better model of e-cig than my crappy SMOKESTIK. Oh yeah, that's right... It was after seeing a few videos of Christopher on ENS doing some reviews of the 510 and some other smaller one with an exposed wick bridge. I think that led me here to do some exploring.

When I really started getting serious about Vaping it was everybody here that really made me make the switch. This is one heck of a family of supporters with a common cause. Everybody here is courteous, considerate, amusing, and respectful. This forum is the second place i visit after my emails (because I follow a few threads here and it always leads me here anyhow) and is my little getaway from my busy life.

What I'd like to see improved here is a new SubForum. It can be labeled something like "E-Cigarette Science" or "The Science of Vaping", or "Vaping Science", or whatever, just put the word "Science" in it. It would be nice to have this thread as a dedicated repository of all things electronics related that pertain to e-cigs. What makes this SubForum different from the rest is that only Moderators and Admins can post to this forum. Basically, when a thread is created in any of the other SubForums and after the discussion is pretty much closed out, It is verified for accuracy and placed there. This will give everybody who wants to know things like "Ohms Law", or how to figure out your wattage, or how to tell how much current your particular atomizer model requires to bring the circuit to equilibrium, or what are the particular characteristics of different batteries......stuff like that. It's a whole mess to try to remember, and stuff like this would be much easier to find if it was all in one place--after the information has been verified for its accuracy, of course. This would give noobs a place to start reading up and getting to know the science of their new hobby, the circuit nerds a place to store all of their mental brain matter when it leaks out all over the forums, and for the battery geeks (Brandon), a place to find his truly overwhelming but absolutely useful insights from his research. Plus its great for guys like myself who love to tinker, but are not gonna remember everything because life gets in the way.

If I had the time for chat, I would, but man, there's so much I have to do once I get home from work! I would do reviews of my own, hangout in the video chat, but sadly, this is about as much as i can do when time permits.

I'm sorry, there's been such grand response to Mark's wonderful offer that I did not read all of the comments. But I will say, I agree with the 2/3s that I did read; Vapor Talk is a great community without all the drama and ego that manifests in so many forums. What drew me here was Chris' and Sean's videos, and what kept me were the members. You guys are all great. When I think about some of my newbie questions, and realize how much opportunity people had to talk down to my ignorance, it warms my heart that no one ever did. All anyone has ever done here is help me. I've made some lifetime friends here, which is pretty unusual for me; I'm really not the social type. (If I may understate the case! :D) Thanks to all of the fantastic people here who have helped to make me a successful vaper, and most particularly to Mark, who has always given back. You're my hero for today, Mark. unworthy.gif

i guess i will get in on this :) i love these units!! they are stunningly beautiful! thanks Mark for being the incredible person you are!! I love my vaping family here on VT Forums :wub:

Alright you bunch of Sweethearts listen up,

Mark's mod - OUTSTANDING

Vapor Talk - OUTSTANDING

Roger?

And that's the bottom line cause Sarge said so

Hoo ra

carry on

Congratulations to our winner.....Sensay!!! Please PM me your address and I'll get your new mod in the mail to you. Thanks to everyone who participated in the contest. I may have to do another real soon---it was fun and I liked reading all of your comments.

Mark

Edited by Mark
stupid spelling--lol

I guess the old superstition of 13 being an unlucky # is now busted!!!!!

I think that is enough scientific proof that 13 is indeed not jinxed.

I am petitioning every hospital and government building I can find and requesting that they restore their 13th floor.

Congratulations, this will go well with your stocking up strategy!

Congrats sensay!!! You can now join what appears to be half the site who has them. LOL - just kidding and this is not a shameless plug (I will let you know when that happens). I really have no use which is why I'm not posting here until now, I figure let someone else have at it.

Mark - it is very beautiful.

And most of all, to the point of the contest...I don't know where I would be without this site, Christopher and everyone else...mods, posters, everyone.