Poll The First - Your Analog Type

I started out with Winston lights(what my parents smoked......bummed from them til I started making my own money)Then went to menthol(YUCK!!!)Then went to marlboro reds(box of course).Then Lights and ultra lights,and everything else in between.As far as my ejuice,my nic level is lo to none.Seems best for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I smoked newports for almost 20 years, yes in the green box way before nasty "reds". Started vaping little over a month ago.first I tried 16mg wasn't strong enough jumped up to 24mg and now I'm down to 11mg. So yes full flavor smokers can quit with vaping. The switch was simple for me and I'm glad I did just finding that flavor that I liked so I could and would vape was a pain in the &$$.

Nah, the heavier smokers just have to skip right to the mods/APVs w/ high nic juice and skip the cigalikes and medium nic juice. Plus it may also take them longer to actually quit completely. I quit by edging down on how much I smoked and only smoking when I really felt like I would die if I did not have a cigarette instead of vapor.

I started out on 36mg juice, too. Now I'm down to 12mg, and even that is starting to make my tummy a bit sick at times now, so next month I'm cutting down further to 6mg. :D

That's all there is to it for me after initially quitting. I wait until I start feeling sick from my juice, then I cut down the nic content immediately so I don't get used to it and become less prone to being able to cut down the nic content of my juice. At first I vape a lot more juice, but eventually it calms back down to normal levels... and voila, I'm now getting a lot less nic daily. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks folks, this is good stuff. It does seem on limited evidence so far that most vapers smoked lights or ultra lights. One reason this is of interest to me is that once the FDA starts regulating this stuff they're going to establish a maximum nic level; and that's likely to be 24mg based on what the market looks like today.

What that means is that all those heavy smokers out there like me will find vaping totally worthless, just like gum and patches are. At 24mg, vaping will not help a heavy smoker. That's really too bad, but my experience with vapers has been absolute panic at the thought of using 48mg juice... Cripes, it's barely enough for me. I'm hanging on my the skin of my teeth most days. But that's just me. I'm really pleased that so many former smokers are taking the healthier path. thumbsup.gif

I hope a lot more people add data to this. I noticed that there are so far no "full flavor" former smokers out there. That's interesting. Keep it coming!

And thanks for the comments.

Well I smoked full flavor cheapies for about three years (pack a day), and rolled my own for about 8 prior to that (American Spirit for 5, then Bugler for a couple after tobacco went sky high), and I've found the 24mg in my spinner at 3.5 to be more than enough. In fact I'm getting ready to order 11mg so I can start mixing down.

And even though I only smoked a pack a day, that can be deceiving as I tended to hold my drags in for for a second before releasing. 'Packs per day' is a very crude measure of intake. On the opposite end can be the person smoking 3 packs a day, but who barely inhales, or exhales almost immediately.

So even though I 'officially' smoked one pack a day, I suspect my intake was higher.

I smoked 2 packs a day for 27 years. This was my first attempt to quit at all. I also think "quitting" is a little justification because I view it as switching to a cheaper and healthier alternative. My first order was 16-18mg in a 50-50 mix and I didn't think I would be able to do it. Then after research I ordered 70-30 and 80-20 blends in 24mg and now I cannot imagine ever smoking an analog again. The difference to me between 16-18mg and 50-50 compared to higher PG blends was like daylight and dark. I really do not have any intention of lowering the nic levels but that may change over time.

Well i was a 2 pack a day smoker for roughly 10 years and i started with 26mg 80/20 pg/vg. I have been off analogs for almost a month now and im at 11mg and 100% vg. i have found in my experience the TH is still there.. but i get a more satisfying cloud of vapor from the pure VG.

i have had no craving to have a cigarette in the last month since i started vaping and i would encourage someone who is still having cravings after a few weeks to look into the mods where you can change it to suit what you want more or less. i know it helped me a TON when i bought my evic. I have only had it a few days but i can tell you its night and day between my evic and my standard push button manual batteries that run at 3.3v. I usually vape around 4.0 to 4.2 depending on the tank. and direct dripping also seems to suit that need for a cigarette because it actually provides an end to the juice. 4 drop is about 10 hits in my experience so i load it up twice and then set it down. that seemed to help me more when there was a sense of finality to the cigarette instead of chain vaping 2.4mL. just my .02 cents.

• 4 weeks later...

I smoked a about a pack a day for about 5 years. RYOs for a good year or so, but mostly full flavors and sometimes unfiltered. I didn't smoke nearly as long as a lot of you, but then again I'm only 19. I just started hating everything about cigarettes so I figured it was time to quit. It'll be 2 weeks tomorrow and not a single analog so far. The first week sucked pretty bad (had lots of cramps and what not) but this week has been awesome.

I started out with "true" brand because of where they were located in the restaurant my mom worked in . we (the kids ) could go behind the bar and make our own cherry cokes with the cherry juice and we could knock a pack onto the floor with something else and snag them . then I started smoking marlbro reds then I went to lights and stayed there for 10 plus years .

So maybe ,but my husband smokes lights now and he just aint having it ,.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I answered "full flavored". Our CHOICE was Marlboro reds. However, sometimes, there would be sales on Camel Filter lights (which seemed to be about the same as Marlboro Reds) 2 for 1, so we would get those, or sometimes, when we were VERY low on cash, GPC's (we were 15, remember). Although I didn't start into full time smoking for probably close to a year. I would just smoke when I was with her, or when I could steal from my Dad's pack without him knowing it. Well, okay, I'm sure he "knew it", I mean, you it should be obvious when 2 cigarettes are missing from a pack, but he never said anything until he caught me.

• 2 months later...

Was a 1 1/2, 2 pack a day Camel filter smoker for over 35 years. I find the 24mg nic does me fine. I tried 36 once and it made me feel ill dizzy and sick to my stomach.I have back slid a couple times but now that I have a nice mod I feel more saticfied with the vapor production. It is more like analogs when I vape.