Before We All Panic.....

Bebop

Get your juice Squid and ride it out.  you can make it.  

Now, If you want to buy a couple packs just to stick it to Cuomo, go right ahead. 😁  I'll probably do the same here in Cal, Haha.  Btw, I haven't kept up for years but was shocked to find my beloved American Spirits are going for $10/pack recently.  Wow!  A little ahead of a large Coke at Wendy's 😂

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Bebop said:

Why are people still vaping THC from carts?

This is mind boggling to me.  Do they live under a rock?  What don’t I understand about this problem?

Any why are the powers that be still trying to ban everything about vaping flavors even now that they have more information???

Thinking and researching clearly are not done by very many people.

oh yeah,

why aren't we banning sugar?

why aren't we banning coffee?

😂 forgive me chocolate lovers!

...and mocha lovers (guilty as charged, your honor)

When Michigan gets 2.1 billion dollars a year from the master tobacco settlement, sin taxes, and of course campaign donations while cigarette smoking is at it's lowest ever, the mystery becomes pretty clear.  Add to that that Michigan issued bonds against anticipated master tobacco agreement income, and is, as always hurting for money.  I'm not freaking out but I'm madder than a hornet. I've watched numerous "hearings" and they are paid political propaganda.  Cherry picked panel members as well as politicians putting on a B rate movie.  Hardly a thread of truth in the entire production.  One panelist with a prefix Dr. called the U.K. Royal College of Physicians a couple doctors sitting around making unfounded decisions.  The FDA is bumbling around obviously incapable of drafting even final guidelines.  The CDC is obviously under pressure to support the political stance on vaping.  Our president sites pillow talk as his decision to ban flavors.  Insane!!  Maniacally Insane!!!  Mass media jumps in singing the same song.  No wonder, every other commercial is from big pharma who has a vested interest in seeing vaping disappear. 

Tomorrow I have more nicotine and flavor concentrates coming in.  Soon I will be set for the rest of my lifetime.  In the big picture that does nothing for the countless people who will go back to analogs, the black market that will fill the void, the people who will never have the opportunity to try vaping.  These decisions will kill.  Good for the government as the average smoker dies 10 years sooner than the non smoker and will not be collecting social security or medicare.  Leave it to the government.  This time their taking a health crisis that was created by the black market and driving an industry deeper into that black market.  And I'm sure the black market will do a better job of checking I.D.'s.  

California is much like Michigan in that regard.  It's appaling.  I'm glad to be leaving.  I've been here my whole life and I love the state but it's politics are out of control now and it's entirely too far left for my moderate tastes.  I feel a great deal of sympathy for those who may have benefitted from the vaping movement and will now likely struggle.  The push to drive it underground  will no doubt create tragedies to come.  I will help as many others as I can, but geez, the bureaucracy is reactionary and misguided.  pisses me off too. 😀

On 10/6/2019 at 4:02 PM, Bebop said:

... The push to drive it underground  will no doubt create tragedies to come.

https://www.leafly.com/news/industry/california-vape-maker-kushy-punch-caught-making-illegal-products

California vape maker Kushy Punch caught making illegal products

On that note, here's an article about one California vape company that's licensed making and selling unlicensed THC product and pushing it out the back door.

Edited by Tam
Needed to add the article's title

The latest CDC report

26 dead and 1200 ill.

but then they say only 75% confirmed THC. 

so, what, the other 25% are liars?......

of course, I'm being facetious, I have no doubt that some of the deaths may have involved vapers with pre-existing health issues and were nowhere near THC. 

but I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are fudged here.  I just watched a news interview with a couple who's college age daughter got I'll "by vaping" - 5 minutes of the girl's parents professing the innocence of their sweet little girl and when the interviewer pressed further, "oh well, there was that one time when we caught her vaping THC but we believe her that she is not doing it now"......right.....

I don't want it to seem like I have no sympathy for these people who are actually suffering from this.  I do.  It's a terrible tragedy. 

But the truth will set us free (get ti the bottom if this).  Is that too much to ask? 

It just makes sense that the problem stems from something recently added to vape juice, specifically vape containing THC.  From things I've read about cannabis oil, the cannabinoid oils don't easily homogenize with either VG or PG.  Um...... Vit E acetate?  

7 hours ago, Bebop said:

The latest CDC report

26 dead and 1200 ill.

but then they say only 75% confirmed THC. 

so, what, the other 25% are liars?......

of course, I'm being facetious, I have no doubt that some of the deaths may have involved vapers with pre-existing health issues and were nowhere near THC. 

but I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers are fudged here.  I just watched a news interview with a couple who's college age daughter got I'll "by vaping" - 5 minutes of the girl's parents professing the innocence of their sweet little girl and when the interviewer pressed further, "oh well, there was that one time when we caught her vaping THC but we believe her that she is not doing it now"......right.....

I don't want it to seem like I have no sympathy for these people who are actually suffering from this.  I do.  It's a terrible tragedy. 

But the truth will set us free (get ti the bottom if this).  Is that too much to ask? 

I read another article just today about a high school girl who became very ill after vaping. She at least admitted that she sometimes used THC cartridges... but it was only rarely.

I'm with you, @Bebop. I, too, think the numbers are fudged, it's more likely to be something along the lines of 95% vaped THC and 5% were from other previous health issues. My numbers are much more likely, but that's just my opinion.

I work with a girl who's SO became deathly ill "due to vaping". (When I questioned her, she admitted that it was black market THC her SO was vaping EXCLUSIVELY for a week, when she became ill and then CONTINUED TO VAPE THE STUFF!) Some of the other employees were blasting vaping on the spot because of this person's illness. So I posed the question, "ok, if vaping as a whole is responsible, why am I not ill or dead? I've been vaping for nearly 6 years." The room got totally silent. Then I explained, that I KNOW what's in my juice, because I make my own. What they NEED to be upset about is WHAT this person vaped and WHERE they got it, NOT with vaping as a whole. A few of the employees actually apologized, stating, if they had known that there was black market/tainted juice out there and that could have been the cause of the illness, they would have kept their mouths shut. I just reminded them there is  always more to every situation than just what you hear/see on the surface, get the facts before you blow off steam.

Edited by VapeMama

The Independent published this article from a doctor. He is saying what we've known and is actually using common sense.

I'm an American doctor. Here's the truth about Juul, vaping and legalizing marijuana

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/juul-ban-flavors-vaping-marijuana-legalize-a9161971.html

Edited by Tam
Added title to article.