Baby Beast RTA

I don't know where to ask this but I'm thoroughly confused. I rotate 2 Baby Beast RTA decks on my Vapor Flask. I build them on my 521 tab they ohm out and fire fine. I put them on my mod and they show atomizer short. A little while back I posted about thinking one maybe bad and it was suggested to tighten the posts and such. These are 2 post press fit. Now here is where I get confused. I can put them on my K Box mini and with unthreading around 1/4 turn they both will fire. I have to watch the ohms though and they both will show some goofy readings but once I see them at .4 I know they will fire. My Kbox seems more sensitive to showing the reading and the flask so I can adjust 1/8 turn and it will read. But if I pull it off and put it on my tab it reads fine. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instead of using your mod to read the coil resistance, get yourself a dedicated ohm meter. Even though mods have gotten better, I still don't trust them to give me the most accurate reading -- as you can tell with the fluctuations you're seeing. Better safe than being the next story about something blowing up in the news.  ;)

I don't trust my tab much.  I've seen it get loopy from time to time.  It also started getting hot after I dry burnt a couple of coils on it.  I still use it for a stable build platform and will peak at the resistance reading, but I don't trust it.  I trust my mods a lot more and they all ready pretty close to the same resistance with my attys. 

2 minutes ago, Tam said:

Instead of using your mod to read the coil resistance, get yourself a dedicated ohm meter. Even though mods have gotten better, I still don't trust them to give me the most accurate reading -- as you can tell with the fluctuations you're seeing. Better safe than being the next story about something blowing up in the news.  ;)

Oh that's funny!  As I was typing my "don't trust my tab" comment your "don't trust your mod" post came in.  Obviously we have all had different experiences.  It makes things interesting for sure! :)

5 minutes ago, Walt said:

Oh that's funny!  As I was typing my "don't trust my tab" comment your "don't trust your mod" post came in.  Obviously we have all had different experiences.  It makes things interesting for sure! :)

How about, "Trust your Fluke meter" instead?  :lol: 

41 minutes ago, Tam said:

How about, "Trust your Fluke meter" instead?  :lol: 

Which Fluke do you have?  I have an ancient one from my days in the field and of course it won't read anywhere near the accuracy necessary for a coil.  Those were the days when 100Ω was the white part of chicken **** and wasn't worth considering. 

@Uncivil11  I wouldn't sweat a couple hundredths of an ohm.  You start varying more than 5 hundredths, it's worth looking into.  

Well I think I found a solution. After some googling it seems people were having a similar problem with the big baby deck so I got to looking really careful and noticed the same. The bar at the bottom of the deck had some very faint black marks. So I took out my dremel and ground where the black marks are and reassembled. Seems to be functioning without any problems now. a81b6bfe40020e64183470f59ecb3f9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Griffin 25+ has a nice RBA only deck.  So does the Herakles RTA-2.  This may be a long shot for you, but I'm enjoying the Pharaoh RDA.  It has a 1~2 ml juice well and lasts me quite a while.  It has a monster build deck that you can use anything from simple wire to crazy exotic builds in.  The thing is solid as a rock and you can't really hose the wicking.  

10 hours ago, Uncivil11 said:

Well crud. Starting showing atomizer short again. Getting tired of these tanks. I like the economy and being able to rewick and wrap coils as needed. Any suggestions on a new rebuildable tank. Dripping on the mutation V4 isn't always convenient.

Sent from my iPad using The Vapor Talk mobile app

I really really like my Wotofo Serpent mini's.  I've never had an issue with them and it's a dream to build on.. The flavor I get is outstanding too. The 25mm comes with 2 build decks one for single coil and one for dual coil the 22mm is single coil only. They're top fill and probably my favorite rebuildable I have right now.

That said, most of my vape gear is packed as we're getting ready for the move out to the new homestead.  I've been using my toptanks with drop in 0.15 coils mostly out of convenience so I don't have to mess with building while I'm hanging fence and building pens and sheds.

The Kanger toptank mini, and subtank mini both come with a very easy to use single coil RBA, or a drop in coil can be used when not wanting to mess with the RBA.

I have drop in coils for my Toptanks, and Subtank mini tanks, but very rarely use them.