Pink Cloud

Walt

Been at this a week now and I just love it! I think a little too much. Such fun toys to hold and such great taste. So many things to try. I think I'm overdoing it. Probably need to treat a little more like smoking and limit how much I vape.

Anybody care to share how they got through the pink cloud phase and settled down to a reasonable routine?

Sent from my iPad using The Vapor Talk mobile app

You're still new to vaping and your body's going through a lot of changes while it begins to heal itself from the years of analog use. Go with whatever keeps you off the analogs for now. The rest will sort itself out once you stabilize -- within the next six months or so. That's what did it for me, anyway. The first six months, I was just focused on getting off and staying off the analogs and keeping up the new routine of vaping. 

You may never get totally off the shiney-itis, but it does reduce itself to a low roar in time. Don't try to rush things -- enjoy this new hobby and lifestyle.  :) 

Sounds like good advice Tam. Six months sounds like a good time frame. Right now there's plenty to fence with everyone's opinion and what not. I dropped alcohol 23 years ago and the process has similarities, lol. And of course, I have to try to be careful not to beat friends over the head with it as I am so glad to have found this. Don't want or become a smoke-a-nazi, lol.

I sincerely hope that nobody minds me using this forum as a quasi SA (stinkeys anonymous) as it really helps to talk about it. I am sad to announce that the pink cloud era of this endeavor is ending. I was Truly hoping it would last longer. The evil stinkies are exercising their legacy. I am having cravings, and they are STUPID cravings. Little flash backs of simply picking the things up and lighting them. Most irritating! Already all of the negative memories of this activity are fading and these cravings are presenting themselves as fond memories. Just how insane is that! So far, a quick vape and a quick shake of the head clears these occasions. Have to admit my initial reaction is anger which is counter productive as well. Oh well, free ride is over. Time to go to work.

Walt, you're experiencing the same thing all of us have gone through at one time or another...   Years of smoking not only cause a memory effect from repetition, but they also create a chemical dependence in your brain, and it takes time to rid yourself of those chemicals.  Think of it like Stockholm Syndrome, where you begin to have affection towards your captors/torturers... the analogs have become your friend for many years, and it's hard to say goodbye overnight without reminiscing and remembering those fond moments ;) 

The way to power though is to vape your higher Nicotine juices to quell those cravings... and YES... talk about it.  We are your "Group Therapy" session here, so feel free to vent or just talk about your success/failures of the day.  We're here to listen and encourage, not judge... we've been there, and can tell you it will get better and easier in time.  Some of us passed that first major hump in a few days... some took months... but never get discouraged!  We're here for you :D 

@Walt

Yep, we've all been there... It can be annoying.

I found that while I was going through that phase carrying around your mod in the hand you smoked with helps satisfy that hand to mouth craving. I swear I never put my mod down for about a week ...then suddenly it was over... It might help. If that's not possible, try putting your AIO on a lanyard and keeping it around your neck. I know it sounds silly but It worked for my neighbor who had an awful time giving up analogs.

You can do it ...you just need to find what works for you. This forum is great moral support though :)

@Edna

Better day yesterday!  I'm sure it will be up and down for awhile.  As it worked out, things were slow yesterday and I did have a mod in hand or very close all day.  I also have a major attachment to the hand to mouth activity.  Did a lot of vaping yesterday.  Had a pleasant surprise as well.  I'm not one to ask for help and then not take suggestion.  I'm also no fan of water.  Grabbed a bottle of carbonated water and it tasted great after vaping!  Go figure! 

For the most part, I have little trouble having a mod with me or in my hand most of the day.  I'm retired, but help a couple of friends run a floor covering store a few times a week.  They are both sharp individuals and get Vaping.  I don't vape when I have customers on the floor, but that still leaves plenty of time between clients. 

I was also bad on Tuesday.  Picked up an IPV8.  Two batteries.  Vaped all day yesterday and had half my charge left at the end of the day.  Oh despicable me!  But I do love it.....:wub:

It probably varies a lot for people, but for me the hand to mouth habit is the hardest to break. I'm down to 2mg nic, and don't see a problem going to 0 nic, but still enjoy vaping, and will continue to vape even if I go to 0 nic.

I have read a few places that nicotine in small doses can be beneficial to brain health, so maybe I'll just stick to 2mg.