Paris - Ce genial

4 hours ago, Bebop said:

Let me just say....the internet is less than awesome here in Europe....

I have an amazing picture of the Venus de Milo but it won't upload....

This has got to be one of the best "First World Problems" I have ever heard of.  Europe, but the internet is less than awesome.  Sheesh...lol :D

Hope you're having a great time, @Bebop

This place is incredible.  I mean the pictures do not even do it justice.  It is amazing.  The people are wonderful.  You have to go.  Every time you turn a corner there is another magnificent piece of architecture.  Notre Dame blew me away today.  It is magnificent when you are standing next to it towering over you - dozens and dozens of stone carvings, scores of gargoyles leaping off the facade, spires so ornate. It's jaw dropping and at 7pm the bells went off for 2 minutes echoing thru the city streets.  Just phenomenal. 

The Louvre is overwhelming.  No joke you could spend a week in there and still not see it all. Filled with ancient Egyptian artifacts, Renaissance paintings 12 feet high, corridor after corridor of marble statues.  

Oh, and let me tell you vaping is thriving in Paris.  I'll post pictures later.   Still a lot of smokers but I see people all around vaping.  There are around 12 established vape shops right in city center.  I'll take pics cuz I know you'll appreciate it and VaporTalk will be known before I leave. 

Here's a few more pics from around Notre Dame and general area....

20160914_172007_HDR~2.jpg

20160914_170320_HDR~2.jpg

20160914_171120_HDR.jpg

Typical vape shop in France.

I was surprised to see half their juice inventory is american made juice! 5Pawns, suicide bunny - a bunch of others.  

I bought 2 new "french" juices and they are great.  All of the Tabac shops also carry juice and vape stuff.  These are regular tobacco shops that sell a variety of items like stamps and bus tickets and "lotto" tickets etc. - think 7-11. 

46 minutes ago, FXRich said:

Where I live every year they have a Rocky mountain oyster feed, I have never tried one but some people that have say they are good.

Smoked and or deep fried Rocky Mountain Oysters are good actually But I also have eaten escargot, calamari ,bear, gazell, sea turtle and lion....

41 minutes ago, Tam said:

Here in rural Colorado, I've had Rocky Mountain Oysters. They were sliced thin, breaded, deep fried and served with a marinara sauce. I was surprised at how good they were.  :)

I had my first "oyster" in a lodge up in the Maroon Bells after a long hike. Big fire, great view.... good food.....

UGH @Tam  you're making me homesick for the mountains again :(