New to forum - Hi

LeeH

Hi, I'm new to this forum, been vaping about 18 months and there is no doubt it has saved my life. Former smoker for over 4 decades, of which several were spent managing/buying for a prosperous independent smoke-shop chain in Pittsburgh, PA. I plunged into vaping headfirst after a friend of mine recommended it to me and haven't looked back since. I have become an enthusiast and advocate, make my own liquids, and find relaxation in the hobby. My health has drastically improved since I quit smoking and through vaping have also lost a considerable amount of weight. It's been all good except for the latest FDA intrusion which threatens not only the hobby but more importantly offering a legitimate less harmful way of getting others off cigarettes. That's my short version intro, hopefully this forum is less cliquey, genuinely friendly,  and more mature than some of my other previous forum experiences. -Cheers

Welcome to Vapor Talk Lee!

My OWN opinion is that we're a LOT more friendly and not at all cliquey around here, but I'm biased.  When I joined not quite 18 months ago I perused this and several other forums.  This is what I was looking for...a group of people who, for the most part, are more concerned with vaping for health reasons than than they were with comparing who can blow the biggest cloud.  You'll find hobbyists here as well, though.  DIYers, coil builders, collectors...heck, we even have one guy around here whose personal hobby is helping other people spend money on vape gear.  I won't mention his name.

If you're looking for "more mature", you might be in the wrong place. Isn't that like a four-letter word?  :lol: 

We're pretty low-key, laid back, like to have fun and laugh at ourselves and at each other around here. It's all in good fun. Welcome to Vapor Talk.  :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question, new to this page so idk how to make a question thingy. But I'm new at vaping but I was wondering what 60 M L juice is. This is coming with my new vape pen and idk what it means. It should be in the mail by Monday, can't wait, but I want to know what Thad means so if you respond thank you so much. ;) 

Just now, BeginnerVapor said:

I have a question, new to this page so idk how to make a question thingy. But I'm new at vaping but I was wondering what 60 M L juice is. This is coming with my new vape pen and idk what it means. It should be in the mail by Monday, can't wait, but I want to know what Thad means so if you respond thank you so much. ;) 

That's how big the bottle is. They come in 10ML size, 30ML, 60ML and other popular sizes. So that's a fairly large bottle. If you like it great! If you hate it, well you'll have a lot left over ;)

52 minutes ago, BeginnerVapor said:

To add to Christopher's answer, the ML = milliliter (a liquid measure)

HI LeeH,

Welcome!

I've been on the forum for about 3 months and have found it to be a great place to hang out :). Very nice people and great discussions.

I love the picture of your Schnauzer. I've had quite a few. They're one of my favorite breeds.