vape tongue bad, isnt going away

Leighanne

Ive had vape tongue for over a week now. Not able to taste anything with fruit notes. Thought going to a mixture of tobacco and a little vanilla might do it, but now the vanilla  taste is disappearing. Im staying plenty hydrated with water.  Does eating fruit or anything fruity prolong the palate to come back?  Any answers would be so helpful thank you.  Ive tried eating pickles, and drinking cayenne pepper in water because i heard that eating something spicy would bring back but nothing is working.  Also the food, does what you eat attribute as far as berries and what not.

Something else to try if you have some coffee grounds -- take several deep whiffs of the grounds. That's supposed to "cleanse the palate" as well.

If you're fairly new to vaping and just getting off cigarettes, this could also be just a by-product of getting the toxins out of your system. Your body will change through a month to two month period. Try new flavors that you might not usually try. In one order of e-liquids I found a free sample of a juice flavored like Almond Joy. I wasn't sure about it but gave it a try. It was... okay but not something I'd buy on a regular basis. A few weeks later I tried it again. This flavor has been my all day vape for over two years now. I've lost count of how many 125 ml bottles I've bought. You never know. Be daring and try something out of your comfort zone, you might be pleasantly surprised.  :) 

I've run into vape tongue a handful of times since I quit smoking and started vaping.  Other than making sure I'm drinking lots of water, I have found some other things that always work for me.

Changing up flavors: If I've been vaping fruit flavors (my preference), then I'll switch to dessert or adult beverage flavors (something bourbon flavored most often).  I personally avoid tobacco flavored vapes but that's a decision I intentionally made.  The only exceptions are two flavors with a little menthol in them.

Changing up hardware: I have a variety of tanks and RDA's.  I know some people like specific setups - mods, tanks, coils - and they won't deviate from those setups while others are like me...we like to mix things up.  I can't speak for others, but changing the tanks and coils regularly helps keep my taste buds from becoming accustomed to the same thing over and over again.  It's almost like a party in my mouth.

Changing up the PG/VG ratio: I primarily vape high VG flavors.  Anywhere from 30PG/70VG to 10PG/90VG.  Sometimes I'll find that I need to kick the flavor up a notch, though, so I'll go with a 50/50 ratio.  PG is the flavor carrier, so that bumping the PG can help also.  

thanks for your input Adversarious, Ive been getting all my juice from one place so i dont know if they change the pg/vg ratios with any of the liquids. I dont have multiple appliances  i have two of the same kind so cant mix and match but thank you. Do you know if vape stores usually sell liquids with different ratios?

I know there are some manufacturers with online sites out there that will let you order different ratios of some flavors.  They usually ask you to select your PG/VG ratio along with your nicotine strength when you place it in your cart.  Not all manufacturers do this and not all flavors by the manufacturers that do it are available that way.  Some flavors just work better at specific ratios while others seem to work well no matter what the ratio.  I don't have any local B&M's that sell the same flavors in different ratios, though...although all of my local B&M's sell different liquids with varying ratios.  Does that make sense?

A couple of other things you might try would be to either up the wattage (or lower the wattage) slightly for a warmer or cooler vape or you can try adjusting the airflow slightly for a tighter or looser draw.

Vape stores usually carry different ratios, but not always... it never hurts to ask.  You can also get a bottle of PG and a bottle of VG, and add a few drops of one or the other to your tank to change it up a bit for a tank-full of juice.

My SO vapes the same flavor (Cinnamon Bubblegum - like a Juicy-Fruit/Bazooka-Joe/Big-Red mix) all day, every day (in the same two styles of tanks), and when she complains that it doesn't taste right, I have her vape something new I've mixed (in a completely different style tank)... then, like magic, her ADV tastes better again....

I've had vape-tongue a few times, and changing flavors and drinking more water usually clears it up in a day.  Right now, I've been vaping the same flavor for over two years, and occasionally I'll vape something different (usually first thing in the morning or just before bed), just for a change of scenery, and when I go back to my ADV, it's like WOW... this stuff is even better now!

Adversarious is correct... even the same flavor in a different tank, or using a different resistance coil, or changing the Wattage/Voltage on your mod can and will make a difference on how things taste.  I would recommend buying a different style tank (or even borrowing one), just to have a variety for a few hours a day... it will keep the vape-tongue at bay....

3 hours ago, Leighanne said:

thanks do you know of any good sites to buy juice where you can pick your ratios? Not sure if this one does havent checked yet

The Vapor Talk Store offers a few brands with different ratios. Additionally the Vapor Talk classic line comes in VG and PG. The Black Line may be in a different ratio than your current liquid which could help :) If you decide to make a purchase PM me and add in a bottle Vapor Talk Black Line for you. 

You wanna talk about Vape Tongue. Let me tell you a story, I was visiting Shanghai dropping off samples doing the door to door thing and one of the guys there (broken english) mentioned how he hated the fact the taste goes away over time. I agreed and we sort of laughed and drank a coke. (The vape stores there absolutely bask in American Culture. It's pretty awesome to see the inside some of the vape stores with the statue of liberty pictures hidden in the back) 

So anyway the guy opens a bottle, drops some on his hand and before I could open my mouth licks the liquid. (mother of all things vape holy) Turns out this is a really common thing in China. (I saw it in multiple stores) When vendors bring liquids to suppliers/retailers, they open the bottle, drop on the back of their hand and I kid you not, lick the liquid. Bah, that's scary. But I suppose.... at least they get the full flavor affect. 

I told one guy "you really shouldn't do that" his reply "dis liquid hear, es more fresh than the rain that falls from China's sky"