Aspire CF sub ohm battery question

caniac

Hey guys!

I have a quick question.  So I have a CF Aspire sub ohm battery paired with an Atlantis v2 tank.  I am using a .5 ohm coil.  So the output of the battery is 40A and I'm goin through coils like crazy.  The coils are rated at 20-30A.  Is the CF battery too high for the tank?  It's supposed to work fine with it but when I checked my coil yesterday, the cotton was burnt after approximately 1.5 days...is this normal? Should I bite the bullet and get a box?  I just really don't like the look of boxes...but I hate buyin coils a lot too lol.  Would vamping a .5 ohm coil at 30A make the coils last longer?  I do use higher vg juices but the juice is clear...it is fruity tho...

thx!

Edited by caniac

If I remember correctly the CF is a constant output battery.  It's not variable which means you jave to match your coil resistance to the voltage output (it doesn't put out 40A - you're looking for a voltage output. )

Sorry its so complicated but you basically need to get a variable sub ohm battery. Without that control you're flying blind and and subject to burning up your coils.  

Yeah, your battery is putting out 4.2 volts which on a .5 coil is probably close to maxing out that coil and thus short life. 

I dont have my calculator with me but with that battery which isn't the greatest in my opinion you'll increase coil life by moving up to 1ohm coils. Its just not that great of a rig and if you're going to sub ohm you definitely want to move on from that

Bebop is right about the resistance, a .5 coil at 3.7-4.2 volts is 27-35 watts, a 1.0 coil at 3.7-4.2 volts is 13-17 watts. In my opinion 35 watts is too much, I run a .5 coil at 10-12 watts, but everyone has different preferences.

I did not like box mods to start with but get a better vape with them, so now I use them.

Edited by FXRich

The Aspire CF Mod, while having some cool features (like under-voltage and short-circuit protection, to name a couple), is not a constant output battery. The voltage drops from 4.2 to <3.5 before the device turns itself off so you'll need to figure your Atlantis' coil resistance based on that voltage range and your personal tastes. The performance of your Atlantis is going to drop some during the course of your battery's discharge. Basically, treat the CF Mod like you would a mechanical mod, because it behaves just like one.

Oh yeah...get a box and learn to love it. It'll change the way you vape.:)

Edited by Rixter