Kanger RBA cotton

Vic

OK, I did find some post on this and I'm having the same problem, The taste goes bad after 3 days and I have my wattage on 17. So Im wondering if the cotton Kanger has in its kit is bad for the RBA coil? The guy at the vape store said to go get some organic cotton balls and try that. They sell cotton but he told me to go to Walmart. I also noticed the taste is a lot better after I refill my tank so am I letting the juice get to low?

Edited by Vic
to add

Cany, How many days can you get out of the new cotton? And bacon? Can you get it at Walmart?

Edited by Vic

Im not going to put cotton in every other day. looks like back to buying pre-made coils. Or do I need a nickle wire coil. were do you get the bacon?

The problem I had with the Kanger RBA was that it had a .5 coil that was 2.5 mm inside diameter. I prefer a 3 mm id, it allows a little more room for the cotton. But if you are not into winding your own coils then you are stuck with the smaller coils. I get my RBA supplies from Lightning Vapes, They don't sell tanks they specialize in RBA supplies. They have cotton bacon and anything else related to rebuilding coils.

S o if I wind my own coils bigger that might make the cotten last longer?

Not necessarily. It could be the juice you're using, the temperature you've got your battery at... a number of different variables. Changing cotton every so often isn't that time consuming, I change the wick on my Russian 91% every other tankful to keep everything fresh.  :)

Cotton is cheap.  I like to change cotton out every few days. Takes a couple minutes. 

I let my TC coils go longer because they last longer.  But I change flavors a lot too so I'm always changing out cotton.

:)I'm gonna try the bacon.  Cuz I like bacon.  

I will post in a couple days how this is still working, but I was wicking my kanger up again and I notice the coil that comes from the factory in it was a bit higher than the holes in the side. So I pushed it down so I could see through the coil looking through the outside of the coil housing. I think the coil was way to high and that is why sometimes I would get the burnt taste and cotton would burn up in a couple days!!!!. So far the flavor is great and I have it at 15 watts. I also turned down the pre-made wattage in my other pipe with the premade coil and it still seems to hit well with big clouds. I thought oh you have to crank up the wattage to blow big clouds but I have good lungs I guess and take long hits. I never lay my pipes on there sides, I always keep them verticle. If I do go higher than 15 watts I get a little popping but if I hit it a second time it goes away!!

I was out back on the patio for a while and probably  took 10 hits in a half hour and a good taste every time. I'm pumped as I'm sure that was the problem. I will report back how many days it last. Even if it still only last 3 days I'm getting the good taste every hit so far today. Did I say I love vaping again now? LOL. 6 weeks cig free!!!

I did say in my first post that it took a couple days before the coil went bad, but sometimes I would get a burnt taste some   what the first day. I forgot how good my Barrel roll tasted until today.

Edited by Vic
For correction on first post about taste.

Are you burning the cotton?  maybe thats why its going bad too fast

I was burning the cotton! But think I got it figured out, Coil to high from the deck and above the coil case holes.

That's the beauty of RBA's... you can change the cotton out OFTEN and keep that wonderful flavor going.

Sometimes I can get a couple weeks out of good organic cotton if I'm using low wattage and light colored juices... dark juices and high watts do their damage to the cotton, and you have to change it more often... sometimes every other day, even.

I have 2 RBA coils but would be nice to have 3 and rebuild them on the weekend when I have more time. Going to look into the Elkwool but do you flare the ends or unbraid it some then people talk about laying a piece of it on top of the coil also after its wicked. Hows that going to stay their?

Some people lay a piece of cotton or other stuff on top of the coil when they rebuild KPT coils, which is a lot different than a subtank coil. Don't unbraid the Ekowool, it will do it by itself unless you heat treat it. What I mostly use Ekowool for when used in a subtank is I use it to rebuild the original horizontal coils. I have a couple of ST nano tanks that the RBA does not fit in, so I rebuild the stock coils which is very easy.

Are you dry burning the coil before you rewick?

I did tonight and put a new wick in and first hit was a burnt taste. I took RBA apart and I think the coil was hitting the deck all I can figure out. I have two so I put another in I had ready. I put some water drops on the one that tasted burnt before I put a new wick in it.

Can having the vent open wide open be my problem with dry hits??? It worked good for half the day then started acting up with dry hits unless I held it upside down when hitting it.