Vaping in National Parks

FXRich

About the only way vaping could be dangerous in a place like Yellowstone is if you had a bacon flavored vape and the bears smelled it.

Or you had a fruit flavor that the Bison liked and they all stampeded to get to you first. lol

I ran across this story earlier today and I shook my head. This is how I am going to interpret the ban based on my recent experience. It won't be enforced unless you are in a crowded National Park, with attractions, where large groups of people gather. The ban is based on second hand vapor and how it will affect other visitors. It has nothing to do with litter or possible fire hazards.

Otherwise, if you are hiking, camping or out on a boat, it won't be a problem. I ran into one Ranger the whole time I was up at the cabin. He was busy tracking hunters, checking ATV's for current stickers, illegal gun use, picking up garbage and putting out campfires. They don't have time to track down Ecig users, it is the least of their worries.

They don't have time to track down Ecig users, it is the least of their worries.

But... but... can you imagine how much damage an ecig could do to something like the Great Sand Dunes National Park??? It could become one big ball of glass after the ecigs have their way with it.  :evil:

http://www.nps.gov/grsa/index.htm

For those who don't care to click on the link, the Great Sand Dunes is a huge pile of sand plopped down near Alamosa, Colorado.  :)

I ran across this story earlier today and I shook my head. This is how I am going to interpret the ban based on my recent experience. It won't be enforced unless you are in a crowded National Park, with attractions, where large groups of people gather. The ban is based on second hand vapor and how it will affect other visitors. It has nothing to do with litter or possible fire hazards.

Otherwise, if you are hiking, camping or out on a boat, it won't be a problem. I ran into one Ranger the whole time I was up at the cabin. He was busy tracking hunters, checking ATV's for current stickers, illegal gun use, picking up garbage and putting out campfires. They don't have time to track down Ecig users, it is the least of their worries.

Shakes head at whole (insanity) of the article....

I recently camped at a national park, and saw one ranger the whole time, when I bought my camping permit (and he had an Spinner and Aspire K1 in his chest-pocket).  Other campers were smoking, drinking, burning far more than "approved wood" in their campfires, and vapers are the targets of bans???  Yes, heaven forbid someone down-wind of me receive 1/100th the second-hand Nicotine as a from a smoker... and how dare us not pollute other people's lungs with carcinogens or stink up the place with sweet-smelling bakery or fruit flavors?

This crap from our gov't (in the pockets of Big-Tobacco) has got to STOP...