Vape

I do vape and the juice has 0% nicotine will it show up on my urine test? 

You say you "do vape" like vape is a bad thing :o

I would imagine they would have to be testing for specific substances for anything to show up in a urine test. Since PG, VG and food flavorings aren't on any banned substance list I know of, I would venture to guess nothing is going to show up. At least nothing that is going to raise any eyebrows. They might think you swallowed some toothpaste or ate some dried fruit, but I see zero cause for concern based on the information you provided.

Most commonly, when urine is tested, they look for instances of nicotine. Some hospitals will not hire anyone who tests positive for nicotine use. If you're vaping 0 nic, that shouldn't be an issue. Can you give us any more information? It's hard to know how to answer without all the info first.  :)

Most commonly, when urine is tested, they look for instances of nicotine. Some hospitals will not hire anyone who tests positive for nicotine use. If you're vaping 0 nic, that shouldn't be an issue. Can you give us any more information? It's hard to know how to answer without all the info first.  :)

So it won't show up ? & what kind of information?

So it won't show up ? & what kind of information? I'm just going for a  physical test will vape show with 0% nicotine juice 

Just don't take it in with you and blow clouds while your taking the test. :D There is 0 Nic so nothing to worry about. If they were testing for PG or VG, then you would have a problem even if you brushed your teeth that morning.

Edited by Compenstine

Most juice is made up of food grade flavorings (you ingest this stuff on a daily basis), vegetable glycerine (you ingest this stuff on a daily basis as well as it being present in many other household goods), and propolyne glycol (this is found in asthma inhalers and many household goods). So, depending on what juice you use, what the vendor puts in your juice, if it's only what I listed above, your "vape" shouldn't show up, but I'm no chemist. Take that as you will.

So it won't show up ? & what kind of information?

Basically, since you are not using liquids containing nicotine it isn't going to show up. Presumptive urine tests are designed to detect the presence of specific compounds. Presumptive tests are what are used even in hiring situations. They are designed to detect the possible presence of a particular substance or substances. If the presumptive test is positive, further testing in which the compounds are seperated occurs. I have been a law enforcement officer for almost 21 years. I have conducted literally thousands of presumptive tests on urine and none of them were designed to detect the presence of any compounds found in e-liquid with 0% nicotine.

As far as the additional information Tam asked for, I am going to make a presumptive guess and say she is asking for information that will clue us in about why you are worried about it. My personal guess is one of two things: either you are indeed being considered for a job in which vaping is prohibited or you are an athlete (such as a high school football player) and you are afraid of being cut from the team because you "do vape".

Basically, since you are not using liquids containing nicotine it isn't going to show up. Presumptive urine tests are designed to detect the presence of specific compounds. Presumptive tests are what are used even in hiring situations. They are designed to detect the possible presence of a particular substance or substances. If the presumptive test is positive, further testing in which the compounds are seperated occurs. I have been a law enforcement officer for almost 21 years. I have conducted literally thousands of presumptive tests on urine and none of them were designed to detect the presence of any compounds found in e-liquid with 0% nicotine.

As far as the additional information Tam asked for, I am going to make a presumptive guess and say she is asking for information that will clue us in about why you are worried about it. My personal guess is one of two things: either you are indeed being considered for a job in which vaping is prohibited or you are an athlete (such as a high school football player) and you are afraid of being cut from the team because you "do vape".

Thanks for wording it much better than I'm able to tonight. Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say and failing miserably. lol 

so It won't come out on my urine test cause I use 0% nicotine 

Read the responses. I think it has been clearly stated that the fact you "do vape" with 0% nicotine isn't going to cause a positive test for nicotine.

I guess I should mention that you should also avoid eating tomatoes, eggplant and several other fruits and vegetables for at least 72 hours prior to your urinalysis because there are more fruits and vegetables than I can remember that contain nicotine naturally. There is always a possibility trace amounts can/will be detected and that could very well cause a "false positive" and raise questions.

Read the responses. I think it has been clearly stated that the fact you "do vape" with 0% nicotine isn't going to cause a positive test for nicotine.

I guess I should mention that you should also avoid eating tomatoes, eggplant and several other fruits and vegetables for at least 72 hours prior to your urinalysis because there are more fruits and vegetables than I can remember that contain nicotine naturally. There is always a possibility trace amounts can/will be detected and that could very well cause a "false positive" and raise questions.

alright Thanks 

If you're really worried about it, Wal-mart, Target, Walgreens, Rite-Aid, and other pharmacies in your local area sell test-kits, much like pregnancy tests (which you pee on, or dip a test stick into a cup of pee), which will test the levels of Nicotine/Cotinine found in your urine.  Some simple kits only show "positive" if you are above a specific level, usually 200 ng, but test kits vary on level they test for, and their accuracy.  The TobacAlert kit tests by "range", from 0 ng up to 1000+ ng of Nicotine.  Considering a whole tomato can have 50-100 ng of Nicotine and a whole eggplant can have between 80-200 ng of Nicotine, the level pre-employment tests or school tests will look for are generally 200 ng or lower in your system to determine you as a non-user or non-exposure, but again, that will depend on the business/school requirements and testing facility.  Someone exposed to second-hand smokers all day long can have levels as high as 500 ng or higher in their system (and never actually smoked a day in their lives).  Generally, to be considered a "user" of Nicotine (cigarettes, dip, chew, snuff, cigars, pipe), levels in your test would be 500+ ng-ml.

Pee tests are generally accurate to determine if you regularly use or are exposed to Nicotine.  Blood tests and hair tests are considered more accurate, but are also much more expensive.  Nicotine is also fully removed from your system in 3-5 days if you are a "user" of Nicotine, but those exposed to passive Nicotine can sometimes take 15 days to fully eradicate Nicotine from their systems (seems odd, I know, but the data doesn't lie).  Nicotine also has a half-life of 2-hours in the body, so a peak of 1000 ng right now, would show 500 ng in two hours, 250 ng in 4-hours, etc..  Cotinine has a half-life in the body of 15 hours, so if the test is looking for Cotinine, it will take 3-5 days for your levels to reach non-smoker ranges after your last analog or passive exposure.

As you  have been told above, 0% Nicotine e-liquids will not show up on any tests, but eating any fruit/vegetable or being around a smoker WILL show SOME Nicotine in your system... and this NORMAL!

I regularly vape 6mg/ml juices, and I have taken a Nicotine pee-test... and the levels in my system were between 200-300 ng-ml, which could also be achieved by a non-vaper by eating a tomato and cucumber sandwich, baked-potato, and a big salad containing fresh spinach, romaine, broccoli, eggplant, and tomato!  For reference, to be considered a non-smoker/user by my insurance company, levels of Nicotine and Cotinine must be below 500 ng-ml.  My son's high school tests athletes for levels below 200 ng, but makes allowances to 500 ng if you have a smoker in the household.

I do vape and the juice has 0% nicotine will it show up on my urine test? 

They now test for nicotine in the US of A?????????????????  What has happened to my country?   I couldn't get over the fact that you need to be drug tested just to stock shelves at Walmart!  Pathetic.  (The above statement reflects only my opinion and not that of my elected officials)

They now test for nicotine in the US of A?????????????????  What has happened to my country?   I couldn't get over the fact that you need to be drug tested just to stock shelves at Walmart!  Pathetic.  (The above statement reflects only my opinion and not that of my elected officials)

Healthcare places have started testing for nicotine. Our local hospitals will not hire anyone to work if they test positive for nic.  :(

I guess i'll never work in my own country again.  I'm glad I live in a country where you can work drunk, sober, stoned, or straight.  They basically expect you to have enough integrity to do your job as intended.  I have however done some of my best teaching under the influence of that which must never be mentioned here.  The creativity factor I think.  

• 2 weeks later...