What's the coolest thing you can buy for under $25?

I'll start. My fav item under 20 bucks are the little sigma helicopters you can buy on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Syma-S107-S107G-Helicopter-Gyro-/dp/B00F4WMAAW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436402842&sr=8-1&keywords=helicopter

They fly really well, you can adjust the routers while it's in mid air (to stop it from circulation) and it charges via USB. They're pretty durable too. 

71zdpmdEmML._SL1500_.jpg

I bought two of those Syma copters for my sons, but I find myself playing with them just as often :D  $18 each, shipped Prime from Amazon, is a steal for cool toy, and you can install a slightly bigger battery pack so you can get upwards of 15-min of flight time between charges!

My youngest can't get enough of the HEX-Bugs... They run about $10 each and are just cool to let crawl around on the floor to terrorize the cat and dogs :)

HexBug_Lineup_1920x1200.jpg

I bought two of those Syma copters for my sons, but I find myself playing with them just as often :D  $18 each, shipped Prime from Amazon, is a steal for cool toy, and you can install a slightly bigger battery pack so you can get upwards of 15-min of flight time between charges!

My youngest can't get enough of the HEX-Bugs... They run about $10 each and are just cool to let crawl around on the floor to terrorize the cat and dogs :)

HexBug_Lineup_1920x1200.jpg

Yea me too! lol 

I've never seen these though, are they battery operated? My son is in the bug stage so he'd likely get a kick out of them.

Yea me too! lol 

I've never seen these though, are they battery operated? My son is in the bug stage so he'd likely get a kick out of them.

Yes, they are battery operated... button-cells (AG12/A76, or at least the ones I have use those), which you can buy in bulk-packs for cheap!  I bought a pack of 50 for maybe $10-12, and each bug only takes two, and they last forever... or so it seems...  If your son is into bugs, these will be a huge hit :D

Oh, a box of ammo is always fun!

But for kids of all ages, what about these?

Ant Farm

Bag of water balloons

Pair of generic Nerf-style pistols (and extra darts)... my whole family's favorite way to blow off steam with each other :D

the dollar store is awesome for kids!

I have been to the Dollar Store twice in the last two weeks. Do not give money to a 6 year old for a birthday! I secretly love the Dollar Store.

I also learned that a trail ride can be free if your saddle is not completely fastened to the horse. Another Birthday wish from a 6 year old. It was not me or the 6 y.o. that fell off the horse.