new to forum

dg92547

also new to vaping. my doctor told me that i had to quit smoking. in the past he said i needed to quit, and that's a little different. the same day he said that i drove straight to the nearest vapor shop and got hooked up. they recomended an istick 30w, set it at 9.5w nicotine 18% the cigarette that i smoked right before walking in the store is the last cigarette that i have smoked. that was about 6 weeks ago, and i have had no desire to smoke another one. breathing easily, and not coughing up junk is a great feeling. i smoked fairly heavy for 52 yrs, so i'm surprised it was as easy as it has been.

Welcome!  We are almost in the same boat.  I started vaping 2 years ago after 49 years of Marlboro reds and pipes and cigars.  It's been surprisingly, ridiculously, interestingly, easy.  That's after of course trying everything the medical establishment and 'experts' threw at me at great expense that,  again of course, didn't work. This is a great victory for those who have to but don't necessarily want to quit tobacco. Best of luck.  I've never felt better and don't feel the need to make a heavy breathing phone call every time I climb the stairs. :)

Edited by jonnoh

Hi and welcome- I am new too! I am glad that vaping is working out for you! I am so glad I made the switch and could not believe how easy it was to give up Cigs!

I started at 24 mgs of nic but have recently stepped down to 18 mgs and so far so good. Again good luck and maybe we will chat in the future!

Welcome.

Was also told to just STOP, if I didn't want to carry around one of those green bottles.

Many in our age group started smoking because it was readily available and very cheap.

Stay with it, and have fun finding out what is out there in the Vaping world.

You will look back and say 'why did I wait so long'.