Horizon Tech Arctic Tank Review

Today, I received my Arctic Tank from MyVapeDeal.com!

My first impression is that it is a beautiful tank, and well packaged with clear plastic coffin-box and cut-foam fill to protect the tank and spare coil.

The one I received came with two 0.2 Ohm Bottom Turbine Dual Coil cartridges, and they are made with 100% USA Kanthal and Organic Cotton.

The tank had virtually zero machine oil on it, and cleaning was almost unnecessary. 

The tank reminds me of a Kanger AeroTank, with a huge-bore drip-tip and four massive 3.3mm air-holes. 

Break-down of the tank is simple, as the tank body does not come apart... which is one of the major drawbacks, because if you break the Pyrex tank section, you cannot replace just the glass :(

First fill-up on the tank and first vape (wide-open air-flow), and the draw has NO restrictions.  Actually, even at half-open, there is very little restriction.  To get the feeling of a Kayfun or Russian, you have to virtually close the air-flow! 

At 4.0V (80W) on my mech-mod, the vape is very warm, and reminiscent of dripping, based on cloud and Nicotine-hit.  I had to quickly dial it back to 60W (using my IPV-mini2 - which BTW, had issues firing it at first, because it read lower than 0.2 Ohms) to get a "comfortable" vape out of it, using 50/50 juice @ 6mg Nicotine.

This thing is also a juice-hog, as it burned through 1ml of juice in about 20-min.  My second juice to try was a 20/80 3mg, and the coil wicked it VERY well... no dry hits, no burnt taste, and just a good, clean vape... like dripping.

I would love to try this with the 1.2 Ohm single-coils, as well as the 0.5 Ohm single or dual coils.  I think this thing would be excellent with a little higher Ohm coil.

Sorry, no pictures of the unboxing, but I'll post some of the tank soon :)

Overall, I give it 4.5 stars out of 5... with my only complaint being the one-piece Pyrex/steel tank body, but it's not a deal-breaker by any means!

How's the flavor and vapor production on this, Earthling?

Flavor is quite good, but my more "complex" flavors seem to be washed-out a bit... single or two-flavor mixes are quite good, though.  Vapor production is excellent, even with a 50/50 juice, but only if you restrict the air-flow to half or less... wide-open and you get too much air and not enough wicking (but not so little that it burns the coils or juice).  If that makes sense?  Think of it like leaving a trickle of water from the faucet, rather than a steady stream :)  But, once I dialed down the air-flow, the vapor production increased BIG TIME.

One more thing I didn't mention is that the tank body is not nearly as heavy (read: thick) as an AeroTank's body, and the thinner materials do heat up quickly if you take a long lung-hit @ 80W (but it also cools down quickly too).  Be aware this heating may darken juice quickly...

Great review Earthling. This Arctic has been in my daily rotation since I picked it up about 3 weeks ago.

I agree with the 4.5 out of 5 stars, but for a different reason.

First, the Arctic can be disassembled...at least mine can:

ff7a08f374654e85eededefb6aa4a399.jpg

Yours isn't the first review I've seen where the specific tank being reviewed wouldn't disassemble, so that leads me to wonder if there was a first run and then a second run after fixing the assembly issue (essentially a v1 and a v2 of the same tank.

The half point it loses in my rating is due to the fill slots. It's awesome with a plastic bottle and a tip, but using a dripper to fill the tank is a pain in the butt and can get messy if not careful. Personally, I like to fill and go. I don't have the time to try and be patient while filling.

e467437b1ff45947b62f3e27edb3adb3.jpg

Again, great review. I don't know why I never thought of doing my own review. Maybe I'll do that with my Herakles.

Edited by Adversarious1

Update...

I couldn't take the 0.2 Ohm coils anymore... just too low, too hot...  So, I stopped by the local B&M yesterday and (fortunately) they had 1.2 Ohm single-coils for it.  I grabbed two, and I must say, they make all the difference in the world!  With the higher air-flow, I can take the 1.2 Ohm coil to 20W (and higher) and get a full, flavorful vape.  So far, these Turbine-coils have yet to give a dry hit, don't leak, and don't gurgle, even with 50/50 juices.  I may still try their 0.5 Ohm dual or single-coil cartridges, but I'm pretty sure they'll be quite hot, too.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines