Time To Ride

Its been a long Winter  and she didnt wanna start right away :wallbash:  But after a jump she fired right up and purreddddd like a kitten :animier:

Hoping to get mine out next weekend if the weather is good. Sure has been a long tuff winter in New England

I ride mine all winter long, but these past few weeks have sucked (all the rain and bad cell in a 5-yr old battery).  I got her out of the driveway today, after the grass was cut, and rolled about 100-miles on her... to break in the new battery, of course :)  I bet I passed 100+ bikes out this afternoon.  My hand was off the bar, waving, far more than it was on the bar.... it was a GOOD day!

I ride mine all winter long, but these past few weeks have sucked (all the rain and bad cell in a 5-yr old battery).  I got her out of the driveway today, after the grass was cut, and rolled about 100-miles on her... to break in the new battery, of course :)  I bet I passed 100+ bikes out this afternoon.  My hand was off the bar, waving, far more than it was on the bar.... it was a GOOD day!

Nice

Probably won't be able to get out until May here. Still a lot of sand and salt on the roads, and it snowed all day here. My mother-in-law was singing "It's beginning to look like Christmas" while she was pulling the ham out of the oven....

Probably won't be able to get out until May here. Still a lot of sand and salt on the roads, and it snowed all day here. My mother-in-law was singing "It's beginning to look like Christmas" while she was pulling the ham out of the oven....

Salty sandy here too Im in NY Long Island hopefully the rain coming will wash the roads up

Most of the snowbanks have gone, the dirt driveway has firmed up and the dust clouds behind the tractor trailers have settled down. One more good rain and I'll be pulling the old CBR out of the garage, That is unless the farmers start dragging the fields into the roads..........

I knew the tank looked like a Yamaha, but the seat and pipes made me think of a '79-81 Suzuki.  Boy, was I way off :D

Here's my baby, '02 Sabre, up close... sporting the Mustang seat I added last year for long-distance comfort... and one of the whole stable... and the Goldwing I snagged last summer to rebuild (currently in a few thousand pieces).

2013-06-05153429_zps56350292.jpg

3BikesLandscape_zpsfc51c605.jpg

IMG_20130609_121739_zps307a4c6b.jpg

I've not made it up there for that one, but I have a friend that lives in Detroit (yes, by choice, lol) that has mentioned it.  I think he's been a couple of times?  He's also mentioned some type of informal "perimeter-run" that people up there tend to ride at least once in their life... where they ride the highways that circle the state, and make a weekend or week out of it?

Not much for riding in town myself, too many people try to run me over. I live 15 miles from town and I can get ethanol free 91 octane 2 miles from home, so its mostly country riding for me.