5 Years a member here!

joe2003

So I joined VT 5 years ago and I have to say it was one of the best decisions I've ever made!

There's no way I can fully express my thanks to Christopher and many others here for the help and support they've provided.All the fun I've had with Birddog,Jeffb,Mark and all the folks who used to stay up all night in chat BS'ing on vaping and any other subject that came along is priceless.

I still miss seeing posts from folks like MiataFrank,Brian,Snubber,Uma...Oh and one of my all time fave trolls is back too: Hi Dayvape smile.png

Vaping really started out as a hobby for me,always lookin for the next PV or the search for a

coil that would last indefinitely lol.

I never was a cloud chaser and sub-ohming holds no interest for me,Building coils is beyond my patience and skills too.I have made a few nice mods that I still occassionally use though.

These days the hobby aspect has kinda dimmed and I just use vaping as a habit replacement.

Mainly I use Boge or Smoktech cartos in a tank with Spinner style batts.Convenience is the main thing I look for now which is why I still sometimes use cigalikes.Greensmoke are my faves in this area.

The message I have for any smoker who wants to get away from tobacco is:VAPING WORKS

If you give it a chance and learn some basic safety guidelines it can be a life changer!

My thanks to all the newer members who've stepped up to offer help and advice to any who ask,and for giving them the technical and safety info they need to make this work.

Yall Rock!

Yeah I know this was rambling and long winded,us old folks get that way sometimes wink.png

BTW any suggestions for a tank or CE style clearo that is not a juice hog,has inexpensive,long lasting replacement coils and is hassle free as to filling,maintenance etc. would be wonderful smile.png

Thanks Yall.

Edited by joe2003

Congrats on the 5 year member milestone, Joe! So, you've been able to put up with Jeff for that long, huh? :DJust kidding, Jeff. *blows kisses*

It's not a CE type clearo, but have you tried the Kanger Pro Tank mini? The replacement coils are very cheap and it works extremely well. It has a Pyrex glass tank so you can use any kind of juice in it without worry that it'll crack. You just have to be a little careful not to knock it around to break the glass.

Thanks Jeff cheers.gif

Tam,is the pro tank mini anything like the T3S or the aerotank mini?

I have both of those and while they're ok the aero is a juicehog and every time I fill the T3S

it drips juice thru the mouth piece as soon as I take the base off even if I vape it almost dry :(

hmmm just went to the VT store and noticed the pro tank single coils will fit the aero,

I think I'll pick up a pack to try next time I order.

I've been using the dual coils so these should cut juice consumption considerably :)

Hey, Joe... congrats on 5-yrs in this little corner of Internet heaven :)

Like Tam said, you can use the Kanger BCC in the Aerotanks, but I've had issues with leaking when using them in my AT's... BUT, the good news is, the KPT2 works VERY well with the air-flow-control base (from the Aerotank), and you can buy them separately for ~ $3. So, if it were me, I'd buy a KPT2 and pick up an air-flow-control base... it's the same price (or cheaper) than buying an Aerotank, and you're guaranteed the single-coils (BCC) will fit, and function, every time!

Hey, and yes the dual-coils do burn a bit more juice, but it seems like they drain faster in the mini's because the minis only hold 1.2-1.5ml of juice... compared to the full-size tanks, which hold 2.5ml (every time).

OMG! Your post gave me pause. I looked up my profile thingy. I've apparently been a member since 24 Oct. 2009. I guess that puts me in the 5 year category too.

Funny, I haven't been off tobacco for 2 years yet. (Almost) I guess some of us (me) are really really slow learners. Actually, it took a really long time to find something that actually worked. For me it was an eGo VV twist with some generic mini tanks that came with the starter kit. I've upgraded so many times since 4 May 2013 when I sorta had my last cig. I've had a few in situations where I screwed up with my gear, but not more than a pack over 6 months kinda thing. Less than that really. Vaping 5 years is really a milestone and congratulations for that. "Vaping. An alternative I can live with" (My commercial line for sale) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hell yeah... I love you too Joe! LOL. Dec. 29, 2009 was my start date... I miss this old late nights myself! Very... Interesting I must say!

Cheers to the OG's!!

Dang I think ima try to get that logo screen printed on a cap :)

Hey Dayvape,I switch juices so rarely that I'm still using the 801's I got from you as drip testers. lol

They still work good at ~5 volts hahaha

Congrats joe2003! I'm a new member to VT.. Been switching back and forth from analogs to vape for 2 years. I'm hoping to stay consistent and get off of analogs FOR GOOD by joining this forum and receiving support from fellow vapers. I'm glad it worked for you, and hoping it'll do the same for me.