Nautilus, can't go above 8 ohms

tazl37

On my nautilus with bvc coil with 70/30 juice I can't go above 8 ohms or I get a burned taste and shortly after it burns and taste burned al the time even if I turn watts back down. Anyone else have this problem and know why this is or a solution. Please help.

Thank you

Tracy

Well. The short answer is once you burn that coil or keep pushing that high wattage you kind of pass the point of no return on that coil. Best to slowly increase the wattage and then back down a notch when you first taste that burn.

Eventually that coil will burn out depending on the juice you're using and you can't recover it.

You could try cleaning the coil, rinsing thoroughly soaking in alcohol and see if you can recover it if not too bad.

When Bebop says "alcohol", it's usually vodka that's used, not rubbing alcohol. Rubbing alcohol has too many other things that, if not rinsed out thoroughly, could be something you don't want to vape/inhale. Vodka, on the other hand, doesn't have such concerns. A good rinse and air dry and you're ready to go again.

70pg/30vg at 8 watts is ok but if I go up past that start getting burned taste. I thought the nautilus could hand higher but I guess it is a plug and play coil so no guarantees. Anyone else vape on nautilus at higher watts? I bought a lemo and I've been playing around with different builds but have not found one yet. I did a dual coil @ 1 ohm and it's too hot burns my throat. Don't like the way air flow is. I will build a 1.6 ohm single tonight and see how that is. Also just bought a mephisto rda today gonna play with that

70pg/30vg at 8 watts is ok but if I go up past that start getting burned taste. I thought the nautilus could hand higher but I guess it is a plug and play coil so no guarantees. Anyone else vape on nautilus at higher watts? I bought a lemo and I've been playing around with different builds but have not found one yet. I did a dual coil @ 1 ohm and it's too hot burns my throat. Don't like the way air flow is. I will build a 1.6 ohm single tonight and see how that is. Also just bought a mephisto rda today gonna play with that

Tazl both tanks i run are the full size nautilus and the nautilus mini...both running 1.8ohm coils and i run them both between 10-14 watts on my dna 30 clone. But i also only currently run 50/50 blends, but like everyone else mentioned different ratio juices can only be ran at certain wattages for them to taste right. So its not the tank/coil per say in this case it would be the juice. And i realize you have been told this, i am just agreeing with everyone and throwing in my opinion. Vape Happy!

It's just weird I bought a Atlantis and I can run that juice up to 20 watts no problem.

I told you I'm weird and weird things happen to me[emoji6].

I did put some pbfb in it and I can run it up to 11 watts and it dosnt taste burned.

• 2 weeks later...