What about my teeth?

I have heard this and many other misconceptions about vaping. The niece that got me started...quit vaping and went back to smoking because vaping causes cancer.... (she is not too smart and neither are her friends)

I am pretty sure that vaping will cause your babies to be born naked though, sorry.

Edited by jasonculp

Wow, I've heard some strange things in my time on this planet... but that one is pretty far out there.

Propylene Glycol is in toothpaste, mouthwash, soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc. etc. etc....

Vegetable Glycerine is a natural sweetener, found in thousands of foods we eat every day....

But just remember... water is the leading cause of drowning... and 100% of all deaths occur right here on Earth, because living is the #1 cause of death :)

But just remember... water is the leading cause of drowning... and 100% of all deaths occur right here on Earth, because living is the #1 cause of death :)

*picks self off floor from laughing so hard*

Thank you. I needed that. :lol:

I have heard this and many other misconceptions about vaping. The niece that got me started...quit vaping and went back to smoking because vaping causes cancer.... (she is not too smart and neither are her friends)

I am pretty sure that vaping will cause your babies to be born naked though, sorry.

that's the weirdest one I've heard. Why would you go back to smoking cigarettes when thier is an actual warning on a pack? No to mention juice has an ingredients list as opposed to a pack a of cigarettes where they wouldn't be able to fit it all on 2 packs.

Well, I really don't understand it either. She is 22 and and is highly susceptible to persuasion by the wrong people. Not to mention not the sharpest pencil in the box. I have quit talking to her, or her mom due to some very poor life decisions, in fact decisions much worse than smoking. I've been trying for close to 10 years to get them on the right track, but some want to stay in the rut. I owe my niece a lot for getting me back into vaping after multiple failed attempts. I just can't stand watching the train wrecks!

So I was vaping outside and a stranger came up to me and told that the vape will rot my teeth. Now i find this super hard to believe due to lack of heat. Is there any truth to this?

Come t think of it, maybe this person is assuming that because the juices are sweet, that automatically means our teeth are being bathed in sugar, or whatever. Still very strange.

I think it is more that we are being linked in with cigarettes. Honestly; who approaches a total stranger to make a statement like that. I was shooting Herion into my veins, or about to fall into a pit of vipers. Now I am sure more information will come out as vaping is studied in more details regarding to health (results will be proportional to who is funding it, unfortunately the science in america today). Don't forget 4 out 5 doctors recommend Winston Brand cigarettes.

Curious; how long has vaping be around? Is it 5 yrs, 10 yrs?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK..I have been vaping for 2 yrs now. Got me off cigs and I am glad, BUT...yes there it is...I HAVE had problems with my teeth hurting and gums bleeding...this coming from someone who has NEVER had a cavity in my life! I want to believe its NOT the vaping...but I am not sure! I take great care of my mouth, always have, like I said No CAVITIES EVER AND I AM 52. Makes me wonder and sad because I love vaping. Really no one else with those kind of problems???

In two years of vaping you are the first I've heard complain of this. Smoking has always been bad for teeth and gums. I am assuming you have a history of smoking. I can't imagine why or how vaping is the source of your problems. You should go see a doctor (dentist).

my Dr was/is excited that I stopped smoking after 40yrs of hardcore puff'n,,

he also knows my DDS (both are across the street from each other) & Dr told me the DDS will tell me the same thing he told me,,

"ya mite have more teeth now if ya stopped smoking 20yrs ago"

I also had rugged teeth, and smoked.  The smoking tried very hard to damage them.  Then what happened?  I turned 50.  Of course smoking contributed to the damage, but age and lakadaisical care were big factors.  My gums are now far better than when smoking. 

More Doctors recommend Camel than any other brand.  Camels suit your "T" zone to a T!  T for taste..... T for throat.    (Too bad they forgot T for teeth)