Who has an Atlantis and actually likes it?

smacksy

a3f624fa06cc3c3a7a6bac75bfa7de07.jpg

I got this Aspire Atlantis today and I hate it so far... Advertised as a sub ohm tank with a .5 ohm coil.. The coils (2) that came with my tank actually were .60 and .62 ohms respectively..this is important running on a mech mod because the lower the resistance the more watts (power) is produced, and thicker clouds with fuller flavor..

Well this thing was disappointing because the clouds were airy and thin and flavor was flat...was looking for something that I could use while driving

and not have to drip at every stoplight..oh well, I'll probly wind up giving it to my sister..she thinks dripping is messy and not as picky as me..hell, she might actually like it. Lol

Edited by smacksy

Given the fact that you have an ohm meter in the pic, wouldn't it make sence to post the reading on it from the tank/coil? Anyone who has bought pre-made coils has had some level of wonky things show up, but 2, 6+ ohm coils is a first for me.... How would they even fit that inside the head?

Given the fact that you have an ohm meter in the pic, wouldn't it make sence to post the reading on it from the tank/coil? Anyone who has bought pre-made coils has had some level of wonky things show up, but 2, 6+ ohm coils is a first for me.... How would they even fit that inside the head?

Don't really understand what your saying..ohms were tested on that meter with each coil installed in the base, and the base screwed into the meter..simple actually.. didn't have to assemble the whole tank to get an ohm reading on a coil..

Besides my thread asked who has this tank and actually likes it.. obviously, I Don't Like It for reasons stated..ohms was just one of them..

I got this Aspire Atlantis today and I hate it so far... Advertised as a sub ohm tank with a .5 ohm coil.. The coils (2) that came with my tank actually were 6.0 and 6.2 ohms respectively..this is important running on a mech mod because the lower the resistance the more watts (power) is produced, and thicker clouds with fuller flavor..

Well this thing was disappointing because the clouds were airy and thin and flavor was flat...was looking for something that I could use while driving

and not have to drip at every stoplight..oh well, I'll probly wind up giving it to my sister..she thinks dripping is messy and not as picky as me..hell, she might actually like it. Lol

This is what Fish was referring to. ;)

7f615e8a32cc5eebfc0b5219f57bfa9b.jpge81d7c47d106aae4205767f4da69c882.jpg

To make the Atlantis work on my 26650 BFM with the pin-less (hybrid) top cap I had to remove the little pin from its grommet and file down the 510 connector a little to make the pin protrude about 1mm..no worries now about it possibly shorting out..

Its has a voltage drop of only .25v using the purple 26650 Efest batt rated at 32A cont/64A pulse and 3500 mAh firing the .5 ohm coil.

This tank is really beginning to grow on me after getting it setup correctly...hits are cloudy and flavorful, almost as good as dripping, Almost, lol

Edited by smacksy

I gotta tell you. After using my Kanger sub for 2 days now I will use my Atlantis just as I predicted. I have the Atlantis on a CF MOD for around the house and the Kanger on a Siegeli 100W for work. I'm a service technician and do a lot of driving so I can shut off the Siegeli and save power and combined with the 6ml Kanger tank, should last me 3-4 days.

They vape differently and I really cannot choose which one i like better so I won't. There is no competition for me, I like them both and IMO they are both are budget priced.

Only had mine for a few days and i run it on my evolv dna box mod. Anywhere in between 28-30 watts and this thing hits like a brick wall. I love it. Well see how long attys last and what not but so far i absolutely love it.

Bought the gf one for Christmas with the aspire battery tube that takes 18650 batteries. She loves it. She was also shocked at how light it was compared to her nautilus and vamo. Now she's hooked on sub ohm and mech mods lol.

Is the Aspire battery tube marketed for use with the Atlantis? I've been wanting one since I heard they were available. Do the coils last a long time? I noticed they're a bit pricey. I had a dripper built by the owner of Origin Vapes; it's a Tugboat/Anarchist, but I never use it. I don't have time to build coils, which is a shame as it's a beautiful device. The Atlantis sounds perfect for me.

Is the Aspire battery tube marketed for use with the Atlantis? I've been wanting one since I heard they were available. Do the coils last a long time? I noticed they're a bit pricey. I had a dripper built by the owner of Origin Vapes; it's a Tugboat/Anarchist, but I never use it. I don't have time to build coils, which is a shame as it's a beautiful device. The Atlantis sounds perfect for me.

it's called the Aspire "CF Mod"

It's basically a hybrid mod that is a cross between a mech mod and a ego battery... it turns on and off like an EGO, and has short protection and low voltage protection, but other than that: it works like a mech mod in the fact it fires sub ohm, and gives straight battery power from an 18650 battery.

They also have the "CF Sub" which is for the most part the same thing, but the battery is not removeable and takes a special charger...not ideal in my book because when the battery needs a recharge, the mod is useless until it is charged and you are without a battery for 4hrs vs the CF mod you just have more than one 18650 battery, and swap the battery out of the tube to a fresh battery and throw the other on the charger and you are back in business in a few seconds.

The coils do seem to last a while. She has been using the same coil since christmas eve, and hasn't had any issues with it.

Usually when her tanks stop performing as well or get a funky taste, she will let them soak in alcohol for a couple hours and rinse them off and air dry them on the counter, put them back together and continue using them. She has gotten a good month + out of her nautilus coils by doing this.

Coils usually last quite a while, just wicks end up getting gummed up by the juise residue and need cleaned. silica wicks that these things typically run do not get burned and are burn resistant vs cotton wicks in rebuildable tanks (like my kayfun) burn easily and need changed out regularly to maintain performance and flavor.

Unless you get a bad coil or are having leaking problems, coils usually last quite a while.

the atlantis comes with a spare coil and a spare pyrex glass section of the tank as well.

I am having no luck with mine. It hardly produces any vapor for me. I am using it on an IPV2 50 watt and a clone zna 30 watt and have literally soaked both coils trying to get any sort of cloud out of it. I am not a cloud chaser but do enjoy my nautilus tanks and get way more vapor that is more tasty from them. Does anyone think it is possible both coils are bad or something? They both read .6 for me.

it's called the Aspire "CF Mod"

It's basically a hybrid mod that is a cross between a mech mod and a ego battery... it turns on and off like an EGO, and has short protection and low voltage protection, but other than that: it works like a mech mod in the fact it fires sub ohm, and gives straight battery power from an 18650 battery.

They also have the "CF Sub" which is for the most part the same thing, but the battery is not removeable and takes a special charger...not ideal in my book because when the battery needs a recharge, the mod is useless until it is charged and you are without a battery for 4hrs vs the CF mod you just have more than one 18650 battery, and swap the battery out of the tube to a fresh battery and throw the other on the charger and you are back in business in a few seconds.

The coils do seem to last a while. She has been using the same coil since christmas eve, and hasn't had any issues with it.

Usually when her tanks stop performing as well or get a funky taste, she will let them soak in alcohol for a couple hours and rinse them off and air dry them on the counter, put them back together and continue using them. She has gotten a good month + out of her nautilus coils by doing this.

Coils usually last quite a while, just wicks end up getting gummed up by the juise residue and need cleaned. silica wicks that these things typically run do not get burned and are burn resistant vs cotton wicks in rebuildable tanks (like my kayfun) burn easily and need changed out regularly to maintain performance and flavor.

Unless you get a bad coil or are having leaking problems, coils usually last quite a while.

the atlantis comes with a spare coil and a spare pyrex glass section of the tank as well.

I really appreciate your review, thank you. This sounds perfect for me; I can't wait to get one. I alternate between an Aerotank V2, and a Mini Aerotank. I bought a simple Mod called an Innokin Cool Fire 1 that takes the same size batteries with the extender I bought. It's rated at 8.5W, but it can't be adjusted. I've enjoyed it; it was good for a new vaper, but it's time to try something new. (I think I'll always use my Spinner 2 for travel.) I can tell you know what you're talking about, and now I feel good about saving up for the Atlantis:)

I am having no luck with mine. It hardly produces any vapor for me. I am using it on an IPV2 50 watt and a clone zna 30 watt and have literally soaked both coils trying to get any sort of cloud out of it. I am not a cloud chaser but do enjoy my nautilus tanks and get way more vapor that is more tasty from them. Does anyone think it is possible both coils are bad or something? They both read .6 for me.

That is odd. What PG/VG are you vaping? Does this happen with different ejuice? I was doing 99%VG in mine and never had a problem with it wicking or flooding. Depending on your mod you can vary but 0.5-0.6 is normal.

That is odd. What PG/VG are you vaping? Does this happen with different ejuice? I was doing 99%VG in mine and never had a problem with it wicking or flooding. Depending on your mod you can vary but 0.5-0.6 is normal.

I tried it with a 60/40 juice and it doesn't flood at all, it just doesn't put out much vape. I'm getting an rDNA40 tomorrow and will try it again with that. It is weird, I have watched videos of people getting massive clouds compared to what I am getting.