e-juice with caffeine

I would be leery of this - at least of vaping it as a frequent, most of the day vape. If you drink caffeine throughout the day (coffee all day, soda all day), the added caffeine in the vape could overload your system, plus, it's another dehydrator. Nicotine in and of itself is a stimulant (yes, similar in effect to caffeine, plus some other effects), but having TOO MUCH caffeine would be bad. I would say if you were vaping a caffeinated juice, don't drink any caffeinated beverages during that time, since you really don't know how much caffeine there is in the vape.

Edit: I say this not only as a person who got INCREDIBLY sick from too much caffeine at once (remember the Vivarin pills? Yeah, don't take more than one of those at a time), but also I had a family member that was on medication that made caffeine overdose more likely - so caffeinated beverages became more of a treat than the staple they previously were. And, although I'm sure it wouldn't get to this level, we've heard the actual stories about people that overdose on caffeine drinking too many energy drinks.

I think if they are going to add caffeine, frankly, it should be regulated - in the way that food is regulated, making sure the amounts are consistent and at a safe level, etc., just like with energy drinks like Monster (so the food side of the FDA, not drug). But that is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY my personal opinion.

Edited by spydre

I don't see any point in adding caffeine either. I think it crosses a line between a way to replace smoking with a drug delivery device. I started vaping to get rid of additives, not to have new ones added. I will say this as well, I will not ever add caffine or any other additives like food coloring to Fadora E-Liquids, with the exception of nicotine and flavorings. I just do not see as where it is necessary.

I guess some people don't worry about how much caffeine they take in....some are like the more the better I think. Guess that's why those little energy shot things you can buy are so popular. My sil lives on them plus black coffee all day plus vaping plus cigs. It's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Her excuse is she works a full time job and has a 2 yr old.

Dc

I've looked in to this as far as I'm willing. I think it's bogus. Not that you can't put caffeine in e juice, but that you can't get enough of it to amount to anything. And even if you did its effect would be so short lived as to mean practically nothing. Stick to coffee or red bull. :)

For me, half the fun of going to a coffee shop is whipping out this box with a silver tube on the end, putting it my mouth and then blowing a cloud. To see the eyes of some sharing coffee with me open wide is priceless. If caffeine was added, I don't think it would be wise to also drink coffee, so the bonus of startled fellow customers would be gone. I guess as vaping becomes more and more visible, those looks will disappear but for now it's great fun.

• 2 weeks later...

High Voltage is a e juice company that carries this type of juice. In my personal experience this does work, but it doesn't make you bounce off the walls when you vape it, just keeps you up as if you just got a nice rest is all. Personal, experience I've been able to sleep on it, but I had to try a bit as this stuff does give you a good amount of energy.

The flavor I got from high voltage was this blue one called; Tesla. The flavor is a fruity blueberry, almost like sweet tarts, but much more than that. I'd highly recommend it as it's my all day vape and my favorite flavor over my Five Pawns Gambit.

And just to point out, there is a new inhalable (is that even a word) of caffeine that's hit the market, and yeah, people have already overdosed on caffeine using it, because it hits your system that much quicker, and harder, so it's easy to get "too much" in more time than it would take you to pound out those Red Bulls or other energy drinks to put you to the point of caffeine overdose. I think it's only one company, and it may be looked at as more of novelty product, but the FDA is already talking about banning the inhalable caffeine.

• 2 weeks later...