New member looking for a place to start...

JonnyKansas

My preference is the 1.8 ohm coil but everyone has their own favorites. Lower ohms also means that you can get away with using less voltage = longer lasting charge in the battery. The 1600 mAh in the Vision Spinner II should last a day or a little more depending on how you vape. :)

1.8 Ohm is a "happy place" for most juices and batteries. Higher resistance coils will prolong your battery life, but only by a bit, while sacrificing performance, IMO.

Like Tam said.. we are pretty bad about preaching safety and backups for your backups... trust us when we say you'll need a backup sooner, rather than later... Murphy's Law is always working against us :)

Another reason why we strongly suggest getting more batteries and coils is that, when you vape one flavor for a prolonged period of time, you'll get to the point where you can't taste it any more. This is commonly called "vaper's tongue". When this happens, if you vape a very different flavor for a bit, you'll be able to taste the first flavor again.

It's much easier to just pick up a second or third battery with the tank of the different flavor on it than to have to waste the liquid in your tank, rinse it out, change the coil and put a different flavor in. At the very least, get another tank or two to keep filled with different flavors so all you have to do is change out the tank.

So you change the coil with the flavor if you use the same tank?

Yes and no.

Sometimes you can just rinse the coil (or soak in vodka) and change the flavor if it's something similar. The old flavor will linger for awhile and may actually taste like a good combination. At other times, if you're using two very strong flavors, the first flavor will linger no matter what you do (unless you go through a very laborious rinse, boil, rinse, boil, etc.) and the two flavors will not taste good together.

If you're mechanically minded, I guess you could take the coil apart, remove the wick and replace it with a new one but that's a pain imo. Much easier to pop in a new coil or, better yet, just get a separate tank. :)

Oh! And another thing; if you're changing flavors and empty your tank, NEVER put the old liquid back into your bottle. Always keep your old liquid in a different bottle -- if you're going to save it. If not, just rinse it out.

Oh! And another thing; if you're changing flavors and empty your tank, NEVER put the old liquid back into your bottle. Always keep your old liquid in a different bottle -- if you're going to save it. If not, just rinse it out.

Makes sense.

Thanks for those tips for sure! I'll definitely invest in multiple tanks as I get into more flavors. I'm all for quick & easy.

Oh so are getting this white stuff too. We got about 4" last night have about 8" on the ground now. I think this is going to be like last year where it didn't stop till spring. I'm in the Ludington-Manastee area.

We're not quite that bad off yet. I'm in the Escanaba area. Banana belt. We've got about 5-6 on the ground & got a dusting last night.

The same people who told me the Farmers Almanac said last year would suck said this year is set to be just as bad.

Just glad I made a career change & don't have to be out in it near as much as I did last year.

Sucks to be both of you! lol If on a tight budget, one thing to keep in mind as you buy more tanks is to try and keep the ability to use the same coil heads. With all the new stuff out now it's easy to find yourself needing different style coils and adding to the expense.

Not much selection at the head shop, but I ended up with this Zig Zag unit.

fe21215a6c79d9b286de7f543a41e369.jpg

No word on the battery size & the gf says she can smell this Drip juice (Turkish Blend, 18mg, 20mL). Heck of a lot more smooth than the vuse though.

Figure this'll serve as a decent backup one & until I get the stuff I ordered, but it'll definitely keep me from buying a pack of smokes while I wait. That vuse is ridiculously harsh after trying this & I'm not sure it would've kept me in line like this will.

Thanks again for all the great advice & I'm sure I'll see you folks around.

Congrats on your new kit. This is just a guess but I think that battery is a 650 mAh at the standard 3.7 volts. The clearomizer looks like a CE5. You'll want to get some coils for it, though. CE4s and CE5s don't last too long, maybe a week or two? With your online order, be sure to get an AC adapter so you can plug it into a wall socket. That's a much safer way to charge than using a cell or laptop. Much less chance of frying your electronic equipment too. :)

Oh, and with this clearomizer? Because it has the long wicks, it's near impossible to get the flavor out of these so you'll want to stick to the same flavor and not change it.

Edited by Tam

My wife works at a convenience store and the Camel rep was giving out free Vuse to the employees. She gave it to me to try. I found it disgusting. It tasted like burnt rubber mixed with burnt electronics. The Menthol one tasted like Vicks vapor rub. He was passing out coupons to customers to get one for $0.99. Some took them most said they hated it for the reasons I did or that it broke in their pocket. IMO RJR made a very inferior product and they taste horrid. As far as disposables, I would recommend a Blu or N-Joy any day over that Vuse.

Go with a Twist or Spinner and a KPT Mini or Nautilus mini and some quality E-Liquid you will not regret it.

Welcome to V|T :)

Ok. After using a real vape this afternoon, I took a puff of the vuse tonight. I see what you mean about the taste now. Wow...

Welcome! :)

I've had tons of batteries, I am sbout to swap these out but the Vision Spinner2 VV batteries are great to start with I would say, nice long charge and variable voltage, charge indicater, plus they look good and with colours to choose from.

I've tried tons an tons of tanks some good, bad and unfortunately some fake.

I've stood by bottom few tanks for a long time now, there are so many to choose from, my last were a Davide BDC and Aspire Vivi BDC as I like bigger tanks.

I have however just got an Aspire K1 BVC and Id say it's perfect for a beginner to start with as both battery and tank are not expensive and gives you a solid stepping stone into vaping.

A big plus with aspire kit also is the Anti-counterfeit codes on their packaging as there are a lot of fakes out there.

That's just my opinion after a couple of years of trial and error.

I Hope that helps.

Bob

Ok. After using a real vape this afternoon, I took a puff of the vuse tonight. I see what you mean about the taste now. Wow...

With all the money big tobacco has I'm very disappointed that this was all they could come up with. Then again, with a product like this it would send people back to analogs.... hummmm

My God! Came home for lunch & my Kanger setup was waiting in the mailbox. Such a better puff & the variable voltage rules! & the tank came with an extra coil on top of the 2 5 packs I ordered.

Will keep the Zig Zag for backup, but this thing makes the experience that much more fulfilling.

Thanks again for all of the advice guys!

One more question if anyone's still following this thread, if the battery from the Zig Zag screws on to the pro tank, does that mean it's OK to use them together? I'm guessing so since the spinner has adjustable voltage, but don't wanna ruin my first coil on the first day with this tank.