Westminster, MA Ban on ALL Tobacco and E-cigs

When a board is claiming "No Respect" They need to look at themselves and ask the question "Am I respecting others by taking their Freedoms away?"

When I read things like this

"But ban supporter David Sepplin, 54, argued after the meeting that people routinely accept restrictions on their freedoms for public safety."

It makes my blood boil and want them to read Hitlers Mein Kampf, He stated the same.

I saw that on the local news the night the meeting took place. Living in MA I was appalled to see the local government officials trying to prohibit a legal substance. I am now smoke free for 2.5 months and am not one of those reformed smokers. If you still choose to smoke then that is your prerogative.

I have chosen to give them up. Vaping is the easiest form of smoking cessation I have found.

Apparently the Board of Health had missed class the day that the prohibition era was covered. They must not know what moonshine is or what the purpose it served.

And they are not avid NASCAR fans to know that that was born from the prohibition era.

How are these people ever aloud to govern let alone be productive members of society.

Good for all that attended and stood up against the town board. We need this to happen everywhere that stupid proposals are about to become law.

We are becoming a nation of @#ssies. :wtf: Lawmakers trying to protect people from themselves. If little johnny burns himself on the stove he WONT do it again.

Ok. jumping off my soapbox now.

Feel free to jump on that soapbox often, lol... Passion breeds activists, and we need all the help we can get to fight for our freedoms!

I posted a link (loosely referencing this MA proposal a while back), but my focus was on the fact that one of the documents they overlooked (the politicians) was that Nicotine was NOT the addictive substance they constantly (push) think it is...

I'm of the mind that becoming a politician instantly makes you an expert on everything (NOT), but it DOES make you believe that it is your responsibility to protect John Q Public from himself... next step... corks on forks, because you might poke your eye out if you miss your mouth! :D