Paying it Forward

So, many of you jumped in to help me get started with vaping, whether it was w/ juice, back up battery or replacement parts. I appreciated every single act of generosity more than I can say. Honestly it renewed my hubby's faith in people (he is extremely jaded). That being said, money is still extremely tight, but since I have received so much help, I decided to try and help others when I can.

Started with the guy that works at the store by my house. He recently started vaping to kick smoking, and I noticed that he was using nasty gas station juice. So we brought him one of our bottles to show him that there are really good quality juices out there, along with a few recommendations on where he can buy quality juice.

Then last week, hubby was approached by a guy at work whose dad is a 30+ year smoker who is dealing with several hope issues. He was asking hubby what all he should buy his dad to get him started. So, hubby, knowing that I have been on this forum night and day asked me to make up a list. I decided to do one better. I put together a vape package. A battery, a tank, and extra coil, plus about 6 different juices in varying nic levels. I included a note with a link to where to buy a charger (I didn't have an extra, and links to online stores with great juices(dad doesn't drive).

So, I will continue on this path. I already feel so much better without smoking. I want to spread the wealth!

So I am challenging anyone that has received help from the vaping community to jump up and help someone else when you can. If I have learned one thing in this journey so far, it is that people want to ask for help, but are too embarrassed to do it, and we can offer help!

Hugs to all of you!!!

I love how people on this forum are willing to help out others with equipment and juice. But, I also want to remind each and everyone of you that all of you that have been vaping for awhile are paying it forward in another way. That way would be with your knowledge. The way that some you are willing to help us newbies out is amazing.

I hope one day I will be able to speak up and help a newbie to walk the right path of vaping in order to dump the stink sticks in a positive way as many of you have done for me...

Paying it forward, be it juice, hardware, or knowledge is just a way to give back by helping others.

I've never been in a 12-step program, but I feel the best way to kick any habit is to have loving support of your friends and family (like everyone here on this forum)... and helping others overcome your habit/addiction is one of the best feelings in the world!

I no longer keep track of the things I've given away (lost count), but will continue to give what I can, when I can... either basic eGo-starter-kits I've assembled for 'just-in-case-noob' moments, freebies/gifts I've received but won't ever use, or hardware I no longer use/need...

Paying it forward, be it juice, hardware, or knowledge is just a way to give back by helping others.

I've never been in a 12-step program, but I feel the best way to kick any habit is to have loving support of your friends and family (like everyone here on this forum)... and helping others overcome your habit/addiction is one of the best feelings in the world!

IMO, this place is much better than any 12 step program I have ever been in. I have only been in 2 and neither helped! In fact the second one nearly put me in my addiction....

agreed Jason. I did do a 12 step, for almost 9 months, and if anything, it pushed me back into my addictions. This forum has managed to become my safe place, I come here and know that people will not be looking to harm me, only help. Best place ever.

Both programs, I have been in, I went clean. I had been off of drugs for years. I went to support friends/family. The constant one up story telling, and the large group of like minded people (addicts) pushed me to places I didn't want to go.

That is only how it went for me. I have many friends and family members that have found much success with them. I know they work for the right people.

I think with my current spending, we may need a support group for excessive vapegear spending. I have slowed way down, but not quit. At least it is healthy!

I think with my current spending, we may need a support group for excessive vapegear spending. I have slowed way down, but not quit. At least it is healthy!

I think we tried something like this once and only managed to help others spend even more in the guise of commiserating with them over how much they spent on vape gear. Lol.

I think we tried something like this once and only managed to help others spend even more in the guise of commiserating with them over how much they spent on vape gear. Lol.

I totally believe it! I don't know how many times I tell myself: "I don't need that..." Then buy it. I have at least 10 things I don't need on my want list!

Funny that you mentioned the one up stories. Thats what got me. I couldn't take it anymore, I knew I had to leave. It was like everyone needed to have been in a worse, darker place than the person before them. I decided my mental health was at stake and knew it was time to go. I know it works for many, just not for me. Yes, I got sober, yes I stayed sober, but yikes! My poor brain and nerves were a wreck the whole time.

Funny that you mentioned the one up stories. Thats what got me. I couldn't take it anymore, I knew I had to leave. It was like everyone needed to have been in a worse, darker place than the person before them. I decided my mental health was at stake and knew it was time to go. I know it works for many, just not for me. Yes, I got sober, yes I stayed sober, but yikes! My poor brain and nerves were a wreck the whole time.

That is my entire problem. I jump in to any addiction with both feet! I have never overcame addiction, I am just addicted to healthier and legal things (no drugs, just caffeine and vaping).

I can still drink. I quit for 15 - 16 years. Now it isn't a big deal for me. I can drink or not. I don't get stumbling any more. I wouldn't say I have out grown it, it just isn't important to my life anymore.

I quit drugs in 1995, but I can say with no uncertainty that it would cause a problem in my life today if I let it back in, it fits my lifestyle... It is kinda sad to be a 44 year old professional with 19 years clean under my belt, and still know it could cause a problem.

It is kinda sad to be a 44 year old professional with 19 years clean under my belt, and still know it could cause a problem.

Not sad at all. 19 years sober is awesome and dont ever forget it could cause a problem if you started up again.

Funny how a topic that was started about the joys of paying it forward took this turn that I need daily. I am only 552 days sober. Alcohol is my downfall. I was the good girl. Didn't drink growing up, never did drugs. Around 5 years ago, started drinking, daily. It got out of control. Discovered my depression was the cause. I know now, drinking just makes things worse.

Hubby on the other hand, spent 6 years addicted to speed. I enabled him, cuz when he was high, he was happy. He managed to kick it, cold turkey. Feels like between the two of us, we have been through the wringer. Refuse to go back to that life. We may not always be happy, but we are no longer killing ourselves. Feels good to know that.....

What a great attitude! So my bro and hubby drag races slot cars and we were at the track the other night and this lady wants to ask me questions about me vaping....explaining she quit smoking 8 yrs before and she was seriously close to starting back because she was going through a really bad divorce after 32 years. I felt so sorry for her and tried to explain my situation and why vaping might be the very thing she needed. I talked to her for a long time and found a new friend. She texted me the other day saying she bought a new setup and was very happy with vaping and it has really calmed her down and seemed to put her in a better place than she was. It made me feel good that I could help her when she needed help to not go back to smoking.

Dc

What a great attitude! So my bro and hubby drag races slot cars and we were at the track the other night and this lady wants to ask me questions about me vaping....explaining she quit smoking 8 yrs before and she was seriously close to starting back because she was going through a really bad divorce after 32 years. I felt so sorry for her and tried to explain my situation and why vaping might be the very thing she needed. I talked to her for a long time and found a new friend. She texted me the other day saying she bought a new setup and was very happy with vaping and it has really calmed her down and seemed to put her in a better place than she was. It made me feel good that I could help her when she needed help to not go back to smoking.

Dc

Now that is the kinda words I like to hear!!!...Good job girl !!!

Now, lets talk about slot cars...No, lets don't...I was into them in the past and well...My money has got to go into vaping right now...lol...Im sure you know what I mean.. lol