How many tanks of juice before I change my coil?

I know this topic has been asked and talked about a hundred times but I have never seen it asked or answered like this. I cannot really go by how many days or weeks because I use 6 tanks that I rotate evenly. I actually have a piece of paper that I put a check by the tank, that I distinguish by drip tip colors, when ever I refill the tank. Then that tank will sit to the side until I go through the next 5 tanks before I use it again. I know that if my juice started tasting bad or burnt or the Provari gives me an error reading that the coil would need to be changed but I know at some point there has to be a drop in the quality of the flavor of my juice but I don't recognize it because it is so gradual. I use KPT 2s which I believe hold 2.5ml of juice and I fill up each tank about 3 to 4 times in 2 weeks. My coils are 1.8 ohm. My juices are mostly high in VG. I get some that says it is 100% VG, some that are 80 % VG. Also, some of my juices are so steeped that is has turned very dark brown. So just out of curiosity how many tanks full of juice do you think I should go through before changing my coils so I can continue to get the best flavor out of my juice that I can.

Personally I do not try and be frugal with coils. I use a VG base liquid only and generally change a coil about every 6-8 tankfuls sometimes more sometimes less. I have 10 in rotation right now and use about 1.5 tanks a day so its really hard since I do not pay attention to which one I used last. When they are all empty I fill them all then start over but a lot of days I refill one at work and continue to use it till the next day and sometimes I do not.

Basically when I start to notice a degradation in flavor I change the coil and it seems to be in that 6-8 tankfuls when that happens.

Wow that's a lot longer then I was thinking. I was thinking about 4 tanks but if you stretch your out 6 tro 8 tanks I can too unless, like you said, there is a noticeable change in flavor. That means I will only have to change my coils once a month. You say you are using 10 tanks? Are you still just using that one juice by Fusion?

I rotate 10 (six KPT2 and four Aerotanks) at the moment, just like you are doing. Generally, my coils last anywhere from 6-10 refills. Given that I vape about 15 ml of juice a week (in just my tanks)... each tank sees at least one refill per two-weeks ... so... I generally get 2 months or so of use from a coil. I don't have a set-clean-and-change rotation... when one starts to fail, I change it... if a tank acts-up, I put it aside and do a thorough cleaning when I get a chance.

With plenty of fresh tanks waiting to be vaped, I don't obsess about it if one acts up or has issues with a coil... :)

When I first started out, I (like you) kept track of how long coils lasted, but each flavor and PG/VG ratio affects coils differently, with the average coil lasting at least 6 refills... although some have held-out 2-3x that before flavor degrades, tight draw, or leakage occurs.

One thing that will help your coils is to not keep old juice in the tank when you refill them... When you vape a tank, take it down as far as you can, then when you refill, just dump out the remaining few drops before refilling. a swab of the inside of the tank with a vodka soaked q-tip won't hurt either, but I rarely do that anymore :)

Really dark (or sweet or high VG) juices will gunk up a coil faster than light colored, thinner juices, so everyone's coil life-span is variable.

I think it also depends on the coil. I use a Nautilus with the BVC coils. I don't treat them nice. I use the maximum wattage on my MVP. Just for fun, I ran it for 28 days without cleaning or changing coils. I would just top off the tank and go. When I did take it apart and clean the tank, and change the coil, I noticed very little difference. There was some, but not as much as I would expect. I run a fruit flavored juice that is 60PG/80VG. I vape around 4ml-6ml a day. So I have run as much as 28 tanks without changing a coil.

I don't recommend this to anyone, it was just a test (and laziness). I think from now on I am just going to run them until I notice degradation. I will clean a little more often though. The spring on the contact as a little gunked up and could have caused problems.

?..............Generally, my coils last anywhere from 6-10 refills .................., but each flavor and PG/VG ratio affects coils differently, with the average coil lasting at least 6 refills... although some have held-out 2-3x that before flavor degrades, tight draw, or leakage occurs.

One thing that will help your coils is to not keep old juice in the tank when you refill them... When you vape a tank, take it down as far as you can, then when you refill, just dump out the remaining few drops before refilling................

Really dark (or sweet or high VG) juices will gunk up a coil faster than light colored, thinner juices, so everyone's coil life-span is variable.

^^^this^^^^^

Wow that's a lot longer then I was thinking. I was thinking about 4 tanks but if you stretch your out 6 tro 8 tanks I can too unless, like you said, there is a noticeable change in flavor. That means I will only have to change my coils once a month. You say you are using 10 tanks? Are you still just using that one juice by Fusion?

Yep unless something changes it is my forever vape lol. I still have 0 interest in even trying another flavor.