Have I've been missing something?

I like all my Kanger tanks, but daily use is KPT2 with AeroBase or KPT3-mini

I tried the iClear that came with my MVP... didn't care for it's flavor, vapor, and it just felt/looked cheap.... didn't use it long enough to incur any flooding :)

I'm with Bebop. The iClear 30S that came with my iTaste VTR was nothing short of dismal and...icky. It never worked well and when it did, it leaked all over the place. The KPT 2 with an Aerotank base is miles better imo. :)

I hear a lot of places push the Iclear because there is more of a disparity between wholesale and retail netting more markup. Not sure if true but have heard it a lot in the vaping vendor community. I tried one and didn't care for it pretty much for the same reasons Bebop stated.

I like all my Kanger tanks, but daily use is KPT2 with AeroBase or KPT3-mini

I tried the iClear that came with my MVP... didn't care for it's flavor, vapor, and it just felt/looked cheap.... didn't use it long enough to incur any flooding :)

What's the point of using a Aerobase? Vs the original?

What's the point of using a Aerobase? Vs the original?

The Aerotank base has an airflow controller that allows you to control how much air is getting through to better customize your vaping experience. Some people prefer a tighter draw so you can close the air holes a bit to what you like. Others prefer an airy draw so you can open it wide to let the maximum amount of air in. Much better than the original that is set with no way to change the air flow going to the coil. :)

Downside to the aero base is there is no opening at the bottom so anytime condensation gets down the shaft it's harder to clear. With the standard base a simple "blowing it out" works where with the aero base you have to remove the coil and swab underneath it. I love the way it draws but it is a little more maintenance which is a big down side to me. I went back to the standard bases last week until I have time to properly clean my aero bases.

I agree that Areo base is better, but a pain to clean only for the fact of having to take the base off. I have blown mine out by opening it up all the way, wrapping it in a paper towel and just blowing into the top of the coil head. The excess fluid will go out the air hole into the paper towel. If that don't work I will take out the head and twist up a paper towel to dab the inside. It soaks up the excess really quickly.

I had a coil go south in a KPT2 tonight, and it flooded the base, leaking out of the air-holes... ugg, what a mess! Normally, I'll check under the coil when I'm filling a tank, and a little swab with TP or a paper towel corner makes quick work of the occasional drip. But, tonight's mess required a bit more "thorough" cleaning :(

Now, even with that leakage disaster tonight... nothing made it onto the body of my MVP, and NONE of the juice entered the battery by oozing past the center pin! This is the number one reason I use AeroBases on all my KPT2's. Killing one battery was enough to convince me of their value :)

I have constant flooding issues with my Mega Aerotanks. And once they flood i can't stop them till i replace the coil.

I am currently testing out the Nautilus Aspire and while the flavor production is not as good as the dual coil aerotank i find everything else about them to be superior to the aerotank with zero flooding issues so far. I am trying to find a reliable place to buy the BVC's for the aspire. if the BVC turns out to be as good as advertised and reviewed i can say i will put my aerotanks away as an emergency backup lol.

I have constant flooding issues with my Mega Aerotanks. And once they flood i can't stop them till i replace the coil.

I am currently testing out the Nautilus Aspire and while the flavor production is not as good as the dual coil aerotank i find everything else about them to be superior to the aerotank with zero flooding issues so far. I am trying to find a reliable place to buy the BVC's for the aspire. if the BVC turns out to be as good as advertised and reviewed i can say i will put my aerotanks away as an emergency backup lol.

What's a BVC?

• 3 months later...