evod troubles

a lil over a mth ago I got off analogs by using only the v4l zeus...its an amazing starter kit.

I tried plenty cheap vaporizers including many gas station egigs.all the cheap ones ive tried over the past few years were very disappointing .I even bought a $220 e gig that lasted about 2 weeks before I gave up.

too many leaks,burnt out coils,frustrating issues during use.....eventually battery failure.

onto my point......I read here that the evod was a good starter kit that provided ease of use,and a good amount of vapor.they are labeled as dependable on this site.

1 mth ago I bought a evod kit with 2 complete vaporizers,used the juice for my zeus.taste was a lot different,less flavor than the zeus with same liquid.i only bought it cuz I wanted something I could convince my dad to try...and I wanted to try mods.

for the first 2 days all was well with the evods,then 1 evod started leaking,cleaned her up...leak solved.

then I started getting liquid into my mouth ,cleaned,checked seals...2-4 decent vapes then liquid in the mouth again.....then batteries only last for about an hour now.

so I simply bought another evod set.

same issues,nothing but leaks,drinking juice (not really drinking it)now 1 hour battery life with all these headaches.sometimes the juice is on the battery top,sometimes its ion my lips.

I spend more time cleaning them than I do vaping.

this is the main reason I stopped buying budget vaporizers.

the entire time....not a single issue from the zeus,i vape a lot....refill 2-3 times a day.

is this a know issue with evods......or did I just get 4 bad ones?

you do need to replace the coil from time to time, they will taste burnt and at times will leak. as far as batt life not sure what to say but how much do you vape and are these the 650mah straight voltage evod's? a 650mah would last me most of the day if not all day. 1100mah lasts me a day and a half pretty much.

I have the 650 mah batteries.....when the evod worked I only used it from 5-8 times a day,5 min vape sessions.

I went through 60 drops of liquid in 1 evod before having problems,the rest didn't make it to half a tank before having issues.

I bought them off ebay....maybe there a cheaper clone.

2 of my evods only seen 20 mins of use total.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121283607047?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Edited by igotit

Click on any of the links in previous posts in your thread where it says, "Evod" and it'll take you to the kit that's sold by the Vapor Talk store. All prices there are comparable (most of the time they're lower) than other stores.

This is why most of us on VT don't recommend buying from Ebay. All too often we hear this same type of story that someone bought a knock off thinking it was the genuine brand name product.

I currently use only 5 EVOD 1s and 5 of the EVOD 2, glass tanks and I do not have any leaking problems or coils burning out. I get very good flavor and vapor. Give the Genuine Kager EVODs a try, I think you will like them. I do. I do not use the EVOD battery though, I am currently using the Vision Spinner 2s. Great combination.

Sounds to me like your batteries are not getting fully charged before use. I noticed with my evod when my battery was very low it would like to spit in my mouth. A fresh battery normally solved the problem. Aside from that the only other possibility is a bad coil. Try a aftermarket coil rather than the one it comes with and see what happens.

P.S. Sorry if anyone has said these things already I don't have time to read everything atm.

Click on any of the links in previous posts in your thread where it says, "Evod" and it'll take you to the kit that's sold by the Vapor Talk store. All prices there are comparable (most of the time they're lower) than other stores.

This is why most of us on VT don't recommend buying from Ebay. All too often we hear this same type of story that someone bought a knock off thinking it was the genuine brand name product.

Ebay strikes again. Not sure what is worse EBay vape gear fakes or those sold at mall kiosks. Pretty close.

Generally if it has Kanger on it, it works. Never had a problem with anything Kanger.

Ebay strikes again. Not sure what is worse EBay vape gear fakes or those sold at mall kiosks. Pretty close.

Generally if it has Kanger on it, it works. Never had a problem with anything Kanger.

I have had trouble with their stupid factory coils in my pro-tank 2, but aside from that everything I've owned that was made by Kanger has been top notch.

i started out using kanger T-3's which were far better than what i used before, but compared to the protanks they were junky. they gurgled and cracked with some eliquids. never have used an evod that i remember tho. thank goodness things keep improving.