Does anyone occasionally have an analog?

A few weeks ago we had an incident at work. I'm a corrections officer and a fellow officer got his throat and face slashed. After the inmate was taken out of the facility "for his protection" a few of us were standing around talking about the incident. Everyone was smoking, even the nonsmokers, just because of the stress of the situation. My ecig just wasn't cutting it and I bummed a Newport. It tasted like sh** and, even though I didn't enjoy it, it helped take the edge off. I know the effect was purely psychological I was wondering if anyone else fell back to their old crutch. I haven't had one since and this is the first year I've gone fishing without the occasional cigar, just my PV. :-)

I guess I should've mentioned that I have been vaping about 3 1/2 years and smoked very little after I started. I haven't bought a pack since I started vaping, just the one or two when I still did the bar scene. But, that stopped after around 3 months even when I was still going out. So, I haven't had a cig in a little over three years other than that one.

i honestly have a harder time with my craving for alcohol than i ever have had for cigarettes. cigs just disgust me now. 16 months today since i have had one.

and sorry for you stress filled job. i could never do that kind of work, but glad there are people who do. :)

At about 45 days with vaping only I caved and bought a pack of camels(my old favorites). I must say they tasted not so much horrible but more like I could taste the chemicals in them which I never had before. I think I got through three whole ones and then two more that I put out halfway through before the night was over. I crushed the rest and went right back to vaping next morning and am sure I am done now. That chemical taste was an eye opener and I won't test them anymore! Throat hit was weaker than I remembered and they honestly were not the same at all. Just my experience here and I hope it helps someone.

I think I am past the point of ever "needing" an analog again. Right now, anyway, the thought of it is extremely unappealing.

One or two analogs isnt going to kill you. The constant repetition of a pack or more a day probably will.

This is just my opinion but people have smoked for millions of years. Its found in many cultures in many capacities. It's really not a big deal in extremely moderate circumstances. I imagine the abuse and addiction to smoking is a relatively modern phenomena. The packaging and bulk distribution of cigs intended for continuous consumption at the expense of health is a product of our overindulgent modern lifestyle. Same goes for Coca Cola and McD's cheeseburgers.

But I like to think I'm done with that.

I have been vaping about 4+ years. I have bummed an occasional analog from my friends when we were hanging out. It didn't make me pick up a pack. I really didn't mind the taste, it wasn't as good as my vape though. The second hand smoke is what really bothers me now. I think most of those friends have either quit or made the switch now. It has been several months since I last had an analog. I don't let it get to me.

It's NOT psychological. It's physiological. Cigarettes have anti-depressant qualities. Make no mistake, it's not just about the nicotine.

Actulay in my case it was psychological, I'm well past the withdrawl and cravings of the other addictive compounds in cigarettes. That stuff has been out of my system for years, I just saw a friend of mine get his face cut and having a smoke seemed like the "normal" thing because the people I was with were all smoking. It's the same thing as going into a bar with friends and swearing your not going to drink but you have one or two anyway. Our brains are wired to the norm of the situation. As an EMT/FF after a bad call we all lit up and hung out. So that moment after a high stress incident combined with my peers smoking due to the stress my mind reverted back to my norm.

I have been vaping about 4+ years. I have bummed an occasional analog from my friends when we were hanging out. It didn't make me pick up a pack. I really didn't mind the taste, it wasn't as good as my vape though. The second hand smoke is what really bothers me now. I think most of those friends have either quit or made the switch now. It has been several months since I last had an analog. I don't let it get to me.

I'm the same way about second hand smoke. Not so much being next to a person smoking but the stink in my clothes kills me.