E-Juice, Batteries, Tanks, and Airlines?

I've not had this issue yet, but I frequently travel for business, and I was wondering how the airlines (TSA) are with vaping equipment and e-juices in carry-on or checked luggage?

I know some airports don't think twice about shampoo and toothpaste, but freak-out if they see some liquid in a bottle that does not appear to be personal-hygiene-related... or go nuts over something that looks like a barrel (like an eGo-style battery would).

Has anyone had experience going through TSA checkpoints with vaping equipment or e-juices, and could lend some helpful hints on how to properly pack them... and what to expect from TSA?

There are a couple recent threads devoted to this. Search

Vaping on a plane and

Vaping on plane revisited I think. Fairly current.

Never had a problem with 10 and 15ml juice bottles and batteries and tanks in a small kit on my carry-on. I've even discreetly vaped 80/20 in my seat or used the restroom. Just don't flaunt it.

I will say that my wife recently had a couple of tanks leak on her on a flights to and from Pennsylvania so be prepared with baggies or whatever for that. I've never had a problem with partly used juice bottles.

I went through one time and they didn't raise an eyebrow to all my ecig gear but made me throw out a small bottle of water. Go figure. :)

Yeah, with pressure changes, I would assume tanks would leak a bit, but a good reminder to seal them in a ziplock or pack them empty. I don't think I'd have enough guts to vape on the plane... my luck my tank would leak profusely and I'd be seated next to an Air-Marshall :crybaby:

TSA at my local airport is probably the worst I've ever experienced... The rivets and brass button on my Levi's once caused a "private search", so I only travel in jogging suits (with plastic zippers) now, lol.

Depending on where I'm going and how long I'd be gone, I'll likely only be carrying my eGo-style batteries, a couple of tanks and a few small bottles of juice... but if I'm going to be gone for two weeks, I'll want to take my MVP, larger tanks, and plenty of juice :)

Thanks for the tips... I guess if all the e-juice is in an approved-size ziplock, and the batteries / tanks are secured in my backpack, I shouldn't be too worried about strip-searches....

If I ever fly again, I'll be wearing flip-flops and a spandex body suit! What a sight! Lol

I'd pay to see that! :D

When I've flown, as long as your juices are all inside the 1 quart ziplock baggie with all the other liquids, it's all good. The TSAs at the Colorado Springs, Denver, Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Francisco and Salt Lake City airports were all good with it. This is the time that dripping made things easiest. All I had to do was to take out a bottle of juice and the rest was ready to go. :)

I flew into Newark, NJ today for work. I fly frequently and vape the entire way. 3 30 ml bottles in carry on. Batteries one each in snack size ziplocks. Fixed voltage eGo in my shirt pocket topped with a mini protank that I fill after going through security. This is what I stealth vape the whole way. Never had a problem.

All juices were in the one quart ziplock baggie with the rest of the liquids. The batteries were in a separate eGo carrying case. The TSA didn't blink an eye in any of the airports I've been through.

Ego case in my carry-on thru the machine. No questions, no probs

Was the juice in the eGo case as well?

Like I said before... my local airport (Lexington KY) is horrible... Seriously, it's almost an armed-response if you have a chap-stick in your coat-pocket, because it's not "properly secured" in the 1-qt zip-lock with your shampoo and toothpaste!