Sub Ohming has gotten ridiculous.

Myvaporsavior

I think people need to just be responsible and not let that kind of stuff happen. If I'm playing guitar, mixing, playing games, whatever. I ALWAYS lock my mod, sit it on a flat surface, then resume whatever I was doing. We will end up getting these things banned because of people's irresponsibility.

Sorry not everyone can be as "responsible" as you, pal.

It only takes one story of some idiot to get on fox news and next thing you know I can't vape anything but a blu.

Yeah, guess we should start holding people accountable for all of their mistakes. Because god knows the human brain is not capable of legitimate mistakes, it was just being irresponsible. Take your negative **** else where, nobody here wants to hear it.

No, it doesn't. If that were true it would have been gone a LONG time ago, pal. It takes several people before the government will do a damn thing, don't you remember alcohol? Oh yeah, and btw, the government could give a **** less about our safety, they want the billions of dollars that they are losing on tobacco sales back. The only thing we can do is promote safety and share our experiences with others so they do not make our mistakes. So like I said, Take your NEGATIVE **** elsewhere. Thanks.

I'm a full time sub ohm guy. Tanks are just over priced paper weights to me. Unreliable leaky pain in the *** with wet 510 connections is what I think of tanks. I run between .15-.25ohm builds as my daily driver. Speaking of safety a customer of mine at the truckstop bought a 26650 Stingray the other day and had issues with it. I fixed his issues (crappy coils and horrible wicking). When he grabs it today we are talking safety and I'm going to stress that the shop should have taught him more. Anyways I'm educating him today. Its because of some b&m stores that we get bad rep. Honestly this guy would be better with a twist and protank its so much simpler for blogs.noobs

• 1 month later...

If you care about big clouds and less flavor, do what Rip Tripper does and vape 100%VG. You can get more clouds with a higher resistance coil and impress all the cool kids. I'm more about flavor and enjoy a cooler vape so I tend to wrap my coils in the 1.5 ohm range. When I want to play around, I'll wrap the occasional .6-.8 ohm coil.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to agree with both of these. I run a .25 and when it gets warm I chill the hell out. Educating folks about the risks of subohming is encouraged... But fear mongering leads to well, fear...and fear leads to more issues. (And fear leads to the dark side...sorry had to)

I'm always sub-ohming. Most of my builds are in a range from .8 down to .14. My sub .2 builds get hot if you drag them repeatedly and flex the button over and over, as is to be expected, but it gets too warm let alone hot, I put it down. You have to be smart about it. A lot of people (not all mind you) have the common sense when the thing by your face is scorching hot to put it away for a bit. I like clouds, a lot. Its my dumb guilty pleasure. As long as you play it smart and don't chain vape the piss out of a .2 ohm coil, you should be fine.

I have come to the point where I can not stand a non sub ohm build. I love to vape between .20-.25ohm, that's my sweetspot. Every build I test with my multimeter even if its the same build as before. I also lay my mod down when it gets warm. I only vape on vtc 3,4,5,6 but only for about 3 hours and then I stuff a fresh one in. I also pull my topcap of when I drip and look at my coils. Look for hotspots etc. SAFETY IS KEY. AGAIN SAFETY IS KEY

I have noticed my builds have gradually decreased in resistance over the past few month... I use to not be able to go lower then about a .3 but preferred to sit about .5.. Now my builds are all below .2 I tend to stay about .14 or .12 now, anything higher and I don't feel like I'm getting anything.

• 4 weeks later...

I like big clouds as much as I like big flavor. I normally vape between .3-.7 ohms. I have moved to more vg heavy liquids normally 80/20 but with only 3mg of nic. For me experimenting with different builds to find that perfect sweet spot is challenging yet fun, which keeps me a very satisfied vaper. My clouds would never win any competition but they satisfy me just fine. I do love the faces/reaction of smokers in the designated smoke area's at airports when I start puffing away.

I have noticed my builds have gradually decreased in resistance over the past few month... I use to not be able to go lower then about a .3 but preferred to sit about .5.. Now my builds are all below .2 I tend to stay about .14 or .12 now, anything higher and I don't feel like I'm getting anything.

Typical drug addict behavior, isn't it?

Will, as a long time member I'm dissapointed in your comment..... It doesn't reflect what VT is about. IMO

Draconis, if you chose this as your first post, poor choice.... IMO

agreed fish, we don't post here to be judged. It's all about finding what works for you and keeps you from smoking anlalogs.

Oh common guys. Can't we have a bit of casual rhetoric and banter here without getting all politically correct and up in people's faces about an off-the-cuff comment and reply?

As for being judged, the entire premise of the OP is judgmental.

I could go back to ECF and get that kind of attitude.

Edited by copper