Best way to store batteries

Since I now have a collection of batteries I need to know what is the best way to keep them preserved until I need to use them. When they arrive most of them are not charged so is it better to charge them fully then put them in their makeup bad in the top of the closet? Or should I not charge them until it is time to use them? Also, when I was a kid I remember my dad keeping his batteries in the refrigerator and he told me it kept them fresh longer. How do you all store your batteries?

Tam, I still have 1 1100 Spinner and 1 1100 Twister from months ago in my rotation and now I have added 2 of my new 1300 Spinners so I have a total of 4 in rotation right now. I'm afraid any more then that and I wont be able to remember the order I am using them in. That's sad but true. I figure as I lose one I will add one.

I would check your stored batteries periodically. Lithium/ion batteries like to be used. There is evidence that regularly discharging and charging a lith//ion battery actually prolongs it's life. Doesnt mean daily, but I would cycle the battery occasionally to keep it full of life.

Yes, and when you store them just keep them from extremes and it'll be fine

Tam, I still have 1 1100 Spinner and 1 1100 Twister from months ago in my rotation and now I have added 2 of my new 1300 Spinners so I have a total of 4 in rotation right now. I'm afraid any more then that and I wont be able to remember the order I am using them in. That's sad but true. I figure as I lose one I will add one.

I'd find a way to put numbers on them to help you keep track. :)

Lol. I have 3 spinners and 1 ego twist in rotation myself. Generally I cycle them in somewhat of an order but I dont worry about mixing up the rotation at all. No harm there.

Cant have too many back ups, lol

I truly have no system at all. I keep my Spinners and standard EGo batteries charged and ready to go since they are all backups now to my Vamo lol. Whenever I use them I top them off after and put them all in a cup near my vape station. I know this is not optimal, at least I do not think it is, but there is not much rotation for me. I probably need to use some of my Spinners because I have 6 that some of them have not been even turned on in months sitting with a full charge.

I've got 8 Spinners (3 1300 and the rest are all 900 mAh) and one 1100 Twist as well as a K100 and Evic with a VTR on its way. Talk about rotation. Lol.

If I knew how to do one of those smily faces with the tongue sticking out I would but I only know how to do a smily face. :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

I took your advice on this Bebop. I now use all 8 of my Spinners and the last of my 1100s in rotation. I thought about what you said and I remember I have seen batteries before that were just left in a drawer over a long period of time and you can see the yucky stuff coming out of them and all rusted up. I do not want my beautiful Rainbows to get like that because I neglected them so everybody gets used till drained then recharged and put back at the end of the line. That means they are getting used about 1 time a week so that should keep them active enough. I see that is about what Tam does too. Thanks for the advice.

I thought about what you said and I remember I have seen batteries before that were just left in a drawer over a long period of time and you can see the yucky stuff coming out of them and all rusted up.

Just a friendly word of caution, and this goes for ANY battery, be it an e-cig, phone, laptop, or even a AA...

If there is stuff coming out, or it's buldging, DO NOT use or charge it, no matter how bad you "need" to use whatever device it goes to! If you find it in that condition on a charger, disconnect it at once!

Especially lithium batteries!