Itaste VTR or Evic?

robv1978

So, my Vamo is starting to crap out. We had a good run... I used it hard and abused the hell out of it but the button's starting to misfire a lot and it has trouble reading the resistance of my toppers, sometimes it says 0.0 ohms with a 2.2 carto. I figured it's time to get something new it has to be a vw device and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to these two. Thoughs, opinions or other suggestions are welcome I'm trying to stay below $100. Thanks.

WOW, so I guess even the MODS don't last forever. I'm just sticking with my 1300 Spinners for now. I am completely satisfied with them. They give me all the power I need with my KPT 2s. I'm sure somewhere down the line I will catch the bug like everybody else and feel like I need more new and improved but for now I'm good. :yes

WOW, so I guess even the MODS don't last forever. I'm just sticking with my 1300 Spinners for now. I am completely satisfied with them. They give me all the power I need with my KPT 2s. I'm sure somewhere down the line I will catch the bug like everybody else and feel like I need more new and improved but for now I'm good. :yes

Took me 8 months if vaping to finally buy one,

So, my Vamo is starting to crap out. We had a good run... I used it hard and abused the hell out of it but the button's starting to misfire a lot and it has trouble reading the resistance of my toppers, sometimes it says 0.0 ohms with a 2.2 carto. I figured it's time to get something new it has to be a vw device and I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to these two. Thoughs, opinions or other suggestions are welcome I'm trying to stay below $100. Thanks.

I've not had either of those, I'm pretty fond if my SVD though.

If the choice were between these two I'd go with the VTR, personally.

I have the Evic, and like Troy says, the new model will be out shortly. From my local B&M,they're really impressed with it. They got to try a new one from their rep. My Evic doesn't perform like what I'd hoped. It could just be me and I don't have it set up right. Either way it sits and only gets used as a very expensive ohm meter for now.

The VTR I had the chance to play and vape at the store the other day and it's a powerhouse. What I was hoping the Evic would be but wasn't. Yes, it's pretty heavy but also very pretty and very functional. I think this will be my next mod.

In the mean time I'm thoroughly enjoying my K100, it's a solid performer even though it's only mechanical and only around $50 for the kit. I've been very impressed with its performance since day one.

So many choices... :)

Took me 8 months if vaping to finally buy one,

Erm.....took me one month? And at least a week and half of that was planning what I was going to get before the money came in?

It may be all you need, meeting all the functions you want for now. It's entirely possible that somewhere down the line, you'll want something with ohm detection, wattage settings, a battery indicator (the spinners don't have a battery level indicator, right?)

Out of the two you mentioned, I would suggest the VTR. But I would also suggest the SVD, but I've noticed that it's been discounted lately, so I don't know if that means they are coming out with another model (I don't think so, Innoken just released the SVD earlier this year), or what.

But look around the net, I was able to find a LOT of mods that were way cheaper on some sites than others (including the VTR on Coast2Coast for like $69, I think - they have it listed as a pre-order, even though it's already released, because every time they get a shipment in, they sell out quickly, so rather than listing it as sold out, they list it as pre-order, so when your turn comes up, it ships out to you, about 10 days.) Unfortunately, Coast 2 Coast only has, I think three APVs - the MPV 2.0, the VTR - which is better than the MVP, and the SVD. Everything else is mech mods.

I've owned a number of pv's and on a given day will use an eGo, eGo twist, Sigelei Zmax, a Vamo, a Semovar and an eVic all on the same day rotating between flavors and workplace circumstances. Each has it's place. Some do one thing or the other or better fit the circumstances than the eVic. But I find that the eVic does more things well enough and has the feature set that make it my favorite. I've had it just shy of a year. Because it's a rev 1 I did have to secure the control head with epoxy. That's the only problem I've had with it.

The key to any pv is matching it with the right delivery device. More power does not automatically equal better performance. Matching any pv with the right delivery device equals better performance.

If my Vamo were to crap out, and after over 4 months and several drops it is still kicking, I would buy another Vamo given what is available in that same price range. SVD seemed clunky to me, Tesla just looks weird, and I am not a fan of the box style ITaste.

And no I cannot tell the difference in the vape between my Twist and my Vamo as far as taste and vapor production, the things that truly matter. I like it to read resistances and more to know where my battery is in terms of charge remaining. It takes the guesswork out of when my battery will die lol.

I've owned a number of pv's and on a given day will use an eGo, eGo twist, Sigelei Zmax, a Vamo, a Semovar and an eVic all on the same day rotating between flavors and workplace circumstances. Each has it's place. Some do one thing or the other or better fit the circumstances than the eVic. But I find that the eVic does more things well enough and has the feature set that make it my favorite. I've had it just shy of a year. Because it's a rev 1 I did have to secure the control head with epoxy. That's the only problem I've had with it.

The key to any pv is matching it with the right delivery device. More power does not automatically equal better performance. Matching any pv with the right delivery device equals better performance.

I do have to say, I loved my Sigelei Zmax. It just developed the button problem.....and they can be common, depending. I've heard a couple different things about what could cause the issue.

Brian, I'll tell you, I don't know what it is about the difference between holding a round PV in my hand or the boxy one with the MPV that I have, but I haven't dropped the MPV once, and I dropped the Zmax several in the same time frame.

Edited by spydre

No MODS don't last forever no matter how much you pay or how well they're made. Electronic devices are packed full of components that will wear out over time. I used my vamo daily, all day on my days off. It's been dropped on concrete, hardwood flooring, down the steps. It's fallen over and off tne table more times than I can count. I've broken two Vivi Novas at the thread because of the ways it hit the floor. If it survived me for as long as it did (I was one of the first to order one as soon as they were available LOL) it's well worth the money I spent on it. I just want to try something new. I considered a V5 but I'm not sure if I want another Vamo.

I'll try and get this back on topic..

Well after using the VTR for one day, I'm already a fan, evic has a few more bells, but the VTR is a better vape. Evics are know to be fragile, and if dropped the right way you'll crack that plastic covered head. I think if you dropped the VTR you'll break your foot. With a full tank and battery, it's almost a full pound of vaping pleasure!

Day two on the VTR, KPT2s and IC30S...wonderbar.....and battery life led just turned orange...so stout this thing ain't gonna fall over if you look at it like most round APVs. And if I get in a tussle would make a great weapon. So don't €£¥K with me!!... Oo sorry 12 hour day.. Completely reorged the store...gotta come see!!

Day two on the VTR, KPT2s and IC30S...wonderbar.....and battery life led just turned orange...so stout this thing ain't gonna fall over if you look at it like most round APVs. And if I get in a tussle would make a great weapon. So don't €£¥K with me!!... Oo sorry 12 hour day.. Completely reorged the store...gotta come see!!

Still waffling over getting the VTR now or wait until after Christmas. "Now" is taking the lead... :D

So, is the construction finished then?

That's not too bad on price..and I think in the long run you'll like the SS over the Camo, I think the paint will look poor after a while. Every appliance has worked wonderfully except a KPT3, the extension works good with the davide or protank minis too.

I went with the VTR... just waiting for it to arrive. Tam, now is the time. I got mine from west coast vapers for $81 with tax (I'm in PA) and priority shipping. They're out of the green though :( so I'm stuck with the stainless.

Went with the Stainless Steel at Coast2Coast at $74.99 plus priority shipping. Missed getting it for $69.99 - the sale price they had yesterday. *sighs*