Twisted Coils

GEFFiCART

I'm not gonna do the 1 strand deal again though. That was a b!tch! I did the first side off the deck, but had to wrap the other on the deck. PITA!

haha

when I did dual twisted 28g dragons on my igo-w

the negative sides were easy to put in because its only one coil going through there

but the positive post would have two strands of twisted 28g

what I did was not put the strands through the post but clamped them inbetween the screw and the top of the post

that worked fine lol

but now I have the helios which has 4 post holes so I wouldn't have that problem again

• 2 weeks later...

I try and vape that first. I've noticed different flavor/vapor characteristics depending on the tightness of the twist. I've got a looser twist of 28g in my nimbus that seems to bring out more flavor than the tighter twist in my patriot. But my patriot absolutely cranks out the clouds. But, then again, it could be the difference in the way the decks and caps are made and drilled. So many variables... Making my brain hurt! Lol

I try and vape that first. I've noticed different flavor/vapor characteristics depending on the tightness of the twist. I've got a looser twist of 28g in my nimbus that seems to bring out more flavor than the tighter twist in my patriot. But my patriot absolutely cranks out the clouds. But, then again, it could be the difference in the way the decks and caps are made and drilled. So many variables... Making my brain hurt! Lol

Yeah air flow and shape of cap comes into play with flavor

I love it when my persistence proves me wrong. :evil: I said that I couldn't get past the sub ohm barrier for a tiger coil in a KPT 2 in another thread.

Well I did! At this moment, I have a 1.2 ohm Tiger coil in a KPT 2 tank pushing it at 15 watts on my Vamo 5 sporting a cotton wick. :D

gallery_1116_216_83819.jpg

gallery_1116_216_6893.jpg

It is not the best twist. I need to do this twist with shorter wire so I have more control over the twisting.

You wouldn't think you were vaping a tank, It rocks! I have found my new KTP set up, I'm serious. At the moment I have 24mg nic in it and it kicks my arss. The tank is almost emptey and I'm going to refill it with some 100% VG -0- nic Cinnamon Stick and see how she does!

I'm gonna be experimenting with a vertical coil in a kpt2 base this w/e. I'll let ya know how it goes. I'm thinking cotton around the coil and not thru it. In effect, a vertical dragon coil. It'll throw the vapor directly upward into the shaft.

Looks nice hows it vape

Been testing with 100% VG, in a mini and it is giving me really nice clouds. :yes So far no dry hits but the draw is a little tight with the thicker liquid. Not sure why because you don't draw air through the liquid, but it is notably a tighter draw. No leaking and the flavor is notably better than the OEM coil.

Been testing with 100% VG, in a mini and it is giving me really nice clouds. :yes So far no dry hits but the draw is a little tight with the thicker liquid. Not sure why because you don't draw air through the liquid, but it is notably a tighter draw. No leaking and the flavor is notably better than the OEM coil.

Guess this will be my next build