Twisted Coils

GEFFiCART

A few pics of my dual nano for T3. 33g with non-resistance lead, 9 wraps on a 1/16 drill bit. 1.6 ohm.

Why can't I edit my post from yesterday?
I also need some tips on posting pictures.

Nice build pdoan. I'm gonna try this with my KPT2 soon.

My sub ohm dual twisted nano coil (was not quite nano as it was wrapped on a 1/16 precision screwdriver) hit way to hard for me. I got rid of it immediately and built a single nano dragon coil with 28ga with a 14/13 wrap on a 20ga syringe instead. It metered out at .9 ohms. Made sure that I got the wicking just right per Rip Trippers video and voila. Perfect vape! It hits great and produces huge clouds and the flavor is so intense.

20131201_170717.jpg

I have to admit...I bought this mini rda a long time ago and never used it once as I was experiencing great vaping with my KPT's after rebuilding them. Now that I pulled out the mini rda I gotta admit the flavor is way more intense with a dripper. Oh My God! No wonder its to popular. I'm gonna definitely start looking for a better dripper. Seriously it only took almost 9 months before I figured that dripping is a great way to vape. :wallbash:

I have played and played with my rsst and I can say its just not for me. I'm much better at rebuilding my kpt2 than my rsst. For some reason I just can't get it right. I use coils rather than mesh which i dont really like. My coils are spot on but I just cant seem to get my cotton wick right. I've about written my rsst off. Perhaps I'll trade it up or something. I'm hoping to get one of the kayfun style rba's next time I'm home.

I have played and played with my rsst and I can say its just not for me. I'm much better at rebuilding my kpt2 than my rsst. For some reason I just can't get it right. I use coils rather than mesh which i dont really like. My coils are spot on but I just cant seem to get my cotton wick right. I've about written my rsst off. Perhaps I'll trade it up or something. I'm hoping to get one of the kayfun style rba's next time I'm home.

you might be using too much cotton, a little bit of cotton can go a long way.

If you haven't already check out RipTrippers on youtube and his video on auto drip mod on genesis style rba's

you might be using too much cotton, a little bit of cotton can go a long way.

If you haven't already check out RipTrippers on youtube and his video on auto drip mod on genesis style rba's

Thanks a huge bunch for the info. I've seen plenty of his tutorials but hadn't seen that particular one. I just finished watching it and it seems pretty straight forward. Totally agree with the cotton. That's the part I mess up most of the time as I probably use way too much. Coils I've got down pat. Just need to keep practicing on the amount of cotton I use.

Thanks a huge bunch for the info. I've seen plenty of his tutorials but hadn't seen that particular one. I just finished watching it and it seems pretty straight forward. Totally agree with the cotton. That's the part I mess up most of the time as I probably use way too much. Coils I've got down pat. Just need to keep practicing on the amount of cotton I use.

yeah I made the same mistake when I first started using cotton with my RSST. I put too much and in a sense in choked up the juice from getting to the coil because it was too thick

My sub ohm dual twisted nano coil (was not quite nano as it was wrapped on a 1/16 precision screwdriver) hit way to hard for me. I got rid of it immediately and built a single nano dragon coil with 28ga with a 14/13 wrap on a 20ga syringe instead. It metered out at .9 ohms. Made sure that I got the wicking just right per Rip Trippers video and voila. Perfect vape! It hits great and produces huge clouds and the flavor is so intense.

20131201_170717.jpg

I have to admit...I bought this mini rda a long time ago and never used it once as I was experiencing great vaping with my KPT's after rebuilding them. Now that I pulled out the mini rda I gotta admit the flavor is way more intense with a dripper. Oh My God! No wonder its to popular. I'm gonna definitely start looking for a better dripper. Seriously it only took almost 9 months before I figured that dripping is a great way to vape. :wallbash:

Nice build man. I recently walked into the Dragon Dojo and decided to give it a whirl. I'd seen so many builds, pics, and vids of people blowing major clouds with the nano dragon coil. I built a dual Nano Dragon coil on my iGo-W and man, it packs some power, and what really surprised me was how well the flavor came through with it. I'm impressed. ENTER THE DRAGON! :D

Nice set up Rutez! That thing will smoke like a beast. With the way the vapor is coming off of it, it almost looks like a dragon coil except that the vapor tails are both coming out the same side. Damn I need some better equipment (rda / rba's).

I got-a find the time to do this just for the sake of doing it. LOL As soon as I get some other things done I need to do I will get-er done. ;)

I completely understand. The one good thing about working a full time job overseas is that once I finish work for the day I have no responsibilities like when I'm home so literally every day I can practice my builds. When I'm home....forget it! My honey do list accumulates when I'm gone so much that I barely have time to fill my tanks daily when at home let alone attempt at a build.

• 1 month later...

28g twisted wire

Posted Image

Twisted micro coil on a 5/64 drill bit

Posted Image

Same coil with cotton wick in an Igo-W

Posted Image

A much tighter twist. 1.3ohm coil on an RSST. I have had this setup for over 2 weeks, and it's my favorite so far.

Posted Image

I am no longer searching for the perfect coil, as I have found it. Best flavor and vapor production out of all the builds I have tried, even those in an RDA. 

Hey how many wraps did you do for the RSST and did you use cotton. I might pick one up this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for bumping. I never saw the last post.

I believe that was a 9 wrap in the pic. I have since cut it back by 2 wraps, and it fires much quicker now. I use cotton for all my wicks.

Just twisted up 4 strands of 32ga. Also did 2 strands of 32ga with 1of 28ga. I'll post a pick later in the week when I wrap it. Gonna try vertical quad coil with 4 wraps per coil with a single twisted strand.

Be careful with that quad coil. Makes sure you read it on a multimeter first.

Oh yeah! Always do! I did one on my nimbus with twisted 32g and it came to .6 ohms. I wanna get down into the .3 territory. I'm not gonna go below that. But each successive build gets just a little lower each time. Right now I'm running a double dual vert twisted 28 at a comfy .7 and she's tasting good snd foggin the place up! But man does it go through a lot of juice! Having to redrip about every 6 pulls.