Twisted Coils

GEFFiCART

I'm pretty new to the mod/vaping game. I use an MVP2 with a G-50 tank....tried KPt2 but hated it after only 2 good weeks of vaping started having head ache after head ache.. so now I only use my G-50 and it works great, seems to be perfectly suited for my needs..I, like many of us want good flavor and smoke/throat hit..I have tried every brand of wick there is and have come to the conclusion that Kanger makes the longest lasting wicks.. I would like to start rebuilding wicks. Does this rebuilding give the wicks greater longevity? Better overall performance amd flavor in general vs OEM wicks? If so, how,why, and also what is the reasoning for the twisting? Also whats with the cotton? I have heard many people state that cotton tastes nasty even sfter boiling or even getting hi grade cotton.

I'm pretty new to the mod/vaping game. I use an MVP2 with a G-50 tank....tried KPt2 but hated it after only 2 good weeks of vaping started having head ache after head ache.. so now I only use my G-50 and it works great, seems to be perfectly suited for my needs..I, like many of us want good flavor and smoke/throat hit..I have tried every brand of wick there is and have come to the conclusion that Kanger makes the longest lasting wicks.. I would like to start rebuilding wicks. Does this rebuilding give the wicks greater longevity? Better overall performance amd flavor in general vs OEM wicks? If so, how,why, and also what is the reasoning for the twisting? Also whats with the cotton? I have heard many people state that cotton tastes nasty even sfter boiling or even getting hi grade cotton.

I think you would get better results posting your question(s) in a new topic instead of replying to the topic of twisted coils.

But to answer your one twisting question, twisting regular kanthal allows the wide to be more dense therefore having less resistance. Twisting regular kanthal also allows tiny gaps between wraps to allow vapor to be released from the wick.

Now twisting a regular kanthal with a flat ribbon has yielded different results. Some people say it makes the flavor amazing. Some say no difference. And some say too much juice gets kicked into your mouth. Being that twisting kanthal and flat ribbon is very hard to duplicated the twist from coil to coil and user to user I feel that everything time a coil is built that way would cause slightly different results.

Cotton does have a different flavor if you want to call it that. The reason most people don't like it is you must keep it most at all times or yes it is NAS-sTAY! ;) Dry hitting cotton is like sucking on old gym socks. LOL This is why I thought it would make a better wick for a bottom feed coil. It is also cheap and can be bought at any general store. I found no difference from boiling it to not boiling it. You just need to keep it moist.

Now that I have some Sony vtc4s I decided to rebuild my Trident tonight. Doing a double 28ga round and a single .9 flat twist. Showing at .70-72ohms per every 3 inches. should come out to .35 ish for the build doing duel coils. I'll post up pics when I get it done.

Now that I have some Sony vtc4s I decided to rebuild my Trident tonight. Doing a double 28ga round and a single .9 flat twist. Showing at .70-72ohms per every 3 inches. should come out to .35 ish for the build doing duel coils. I'll post up pics when I get it done.

thats going to an awesome build

Here is a pic of the build as it ended up. If you notice, one post is toast. I was widening the slot with screwdriver tip and, SnAp :wallbash: So besides needing to order a new Trident it came out .35 right on the nose. Also, This is good example of why you should clean your deck before building. Besides the dirt (Yuck) notice in the red circle there is a metal shaving. This is a short waiting to happen. As you can see it is long enough to short out either set of posts. Point... Always clean your deck before you build and take a close up pic to see if and shavings are left behind. Vape Safe!

gallery_1116_216_36358.jpg

After this shot, I gave it good vodka bath and all is good now. Time to wick-her up and see how she vapes.