Knock off

I prefer original, but knock offs have their place. My stickler is Atomizers more than the batts. It's when a knock off is passed off as an original is when I have issues. If it a clone or knock off I just want to know. I feel cheated if I'm sold something that was misrepresented.

Mine ended up being knock offs - and I don't think the store owner even knew it. What bothers me more is when someone sells me a tank or coil (evod, or "kanger" coils) that aren't the genuine article. If you are charging me $10 for a 5 pack of coils, it darn well better be a genuine Kanger product, not a knock off, since I can go 10 minutes away and get a 5 pack of genuine Kanger coils for $8.50.

We have four shops in this area. One I used to prefer to buy my evods and my coils from, until I found they were knock offs (what do you expect when they are selling them cheaper than Discount Vapors?). Two shops sell them for $10. I don't know about 3D, but I found out that Cloud 9 is selling knock off coils - I would imagine they are just marked up so high because they have TREMENDOUS overhead. Rent of $3000 a month. And then the final shop in the area, 5 pack of coils are the aforementioned $8.50 per box....and I know they are genuine.

I prefer original, but knock offs have their place. My stickler is Atomizers more than the batts. It's when a knock off is passed off as an original is when I have issues. If it a clone or knock off I just want to know. I feel cheated if I'm sold something that was misrepresented.

I am the same way. we have a b&m here in town that buys all their stuff from FastTech, then they try and sell it for 5 times the price. (example Poldaic mod is like $37 or $47 or something on FT, they have it in their store for $286) They even told me they don't know when most of their inventory gets in because it comes from overseas, I replied with "yeah I have that issue with FastTech too!" and walked out.

I am the same way. we have a b&m here in town that buys all their stuff from FastTech, then they try and sell it for 5 times the price. (example Poldaic mod is like $37 or $47 or something on FT, they have it in their store for $286) They even told me they don't know when most of their inventory gets in because it comes from overseas, I replied with "yeah I have that issue with FastTech too!" and walked out.

Wait, if they are getting their mods from FastTech, aren't they getting clones?

exactly! but they are trying to pass them off as authentic

To make money off customers that don't know better, (or) They are not knowledgeable enough to know themselves. Either way they end up cheating customers and losing business.

Edited by Compenstine

I have no issue buying knock offs cause I am a cheap skate, but I don't like stores thinking everyone who walk in their store is ignorant. I know more about their products then they do 90% of the time. hell, I have even had to show the clerks how to use some of the stuff a few times... lol

I have no issue buying knock offs cause I am a cheap skate, but I don't like stores thinking everyone who walk in their store is ignorant. I know more about their products then they do 90% of the time. hell, I have even had to show the clerks how to use some of the stuff a few times... lol

LOL Yeah I hear yeah. When I had my B&M going I made sure people understood that what I had was not Joye brand 510s. If that is what they wanted I would direct them where they could it. They always came back for juice or once they saw the prices of the original, buy my kits. I would give them credit for doa items and 30 days to return batts for replacement. Atomizors lasted only a couple weeks so I would do 15 days for them.

If the guy had said it was a knock off, and that it was still I good vape, I'd be fine with that. Knock offs are cheaper. It's that I'm not told, and I can't get it to charge without the battery dance that is making me angry. Once charged, it works great! It just is a horrible pain to get charged. It should be just plug it in till the light goes green, but it never works out that way. I e-mailed the guy I bought it from, waiting on a reply. I was nice about it, he may not know.

LOL Yeah I hear yeah. When I had my B&M going I made sure people understood that what I had was not Joye brand 510s. If that is what they wanted I would direct them where they could it. They always came back for juice or once they saw the prices of the original, buy my kits. I would give them credit for doa items and 30 days to return batts for replacement. Atomizors lasted only a couple weeks so I would do 15 days for them.

You know, as long as I'm TOLD it's a knock off, I don't mind, although I prefer my Kanger coil heads to be genuine. It's hard ennough to get consistent quality with even Kanger heads. But when someone is selling something as genuine, and it's a knock off, it pisses me off.

You know, as long as I'm TOLD it's a knock off, I don't mind, although I prefer my Kanger coil heads to be genuine. It's hard ennough to get consistent quality with even Kanger heads. But when someone is selling something as genuine, and it's a knock off, it pisses me off.

I was really disappointed with Discount Vapors... I ordered a box of Kanger coils and they sent me a box of knock offs :veryangry:

It seems as though clones or knockoffs are super common in the vaping world.

My first starter kit I ordered was supposed to be eGo Twists, but I was shipped out Vision Spinners ( I know not that big of a deal, but I just read on this forum last week that eGo battery's are better than Vision). So, now I feel a bit ripped off.

If a vendor represents a product as a knockoff or clone, I am completely fine with that. Representing it as the real McCoy and selling for full price is not only, not cool, but should be illegal. But so far it seems like this industry is kind of like the Wild West. Anything goes.

Edited by Sweatervest13

The guy actually told me there is no one manufacturer for eGo Twist. I was like ummm.... yeah, Joyetech. If it's a clone, sell it to me as a clone. Don't jerk me around. Maybe I should hand him monopoly money... "Oh, well, whatever I get I use. There no one manufacturer for 'dollars'."

Unfortunately, I see this "anything goes" market of clones and knock offs as MAJOR ammunition for regulating these in to oblivion. If you regulate them enough to protect people who make the real mccoys, its a stone's throw to making sure I'm "safe" from "off brand" e-juice.

I don't understand why knock offs dont just make their own damn brand. Why try to make me think it's an eGo. Just make me a pink variable battery with 510 threads and call it something else. Trust me, if it's cheaper, I will notice it has the same features as an Joyetech eGo.

Okay, anything with the same threads are EGO, anybody and everybody uses EGO on their branding. No one company owns the name EGO, one must be careful on store branded ego batts, depends on the manufacturer, and you cannot tell.... Stick with the big three Joyetech, Kanger, and Vision, and you should be okay...

Okay, anything with the same threads are EGO, anybody and everybody uses EGO on their branding. No one company owns the name EGO, one must be careful on store branded ego batts, depends on the manufacturer, and you cannot tell.... Stick with the big three Joyetech, Kanger, and Vision, and you should be okay...

Well, I TRIED to get a Joyetech! LOL