New member and not feeling good after vaping

joshc08

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to vaping and just joined the site. I quite smoking about two months ago using gum but decided to switch to e-cigarettes. I tried out the disposable blu e-cigs to get a feel for vaporizing and actually felt great while on them. ( I was using about one per day though). Very recently I bought a vaporizer set up and some PG liquid, very soon after my first few draws I was feeling sluggish and got a headache. This continued and I figured I was just having a reaction to the PG. A few days ago I switched to 100% VG (which is what I was using with the disposable blu e-cigs), and I have continued to feel bad. I cleaned out my tank and stitched the atomizer etc. I continue to have tension headaches and I even am feeling some anxiety. I have been trying to drink lots of water and experiment with different levels of vaporizing during sessions.

I am using 12mg juice, but the symptoms seem to set in fairly quickly after even just a few puffs. I was hoping I could get some help as to what's going on.

Thanks for the help!

Josh

Sluggish and headaches usually is an indication that you nic level, 12mg, is probably too high for you. You might want to try lowering your nicotine level. You might even want to try 0mg. It just may be the hand to mouth motion that you are missing. As for the disposables, they sit on the shelf for awhile and are exposed to heat and light. That alone can diminish the level of nicotine in them.

What BirdDog said. :)

Also, what kind of set up did you get? The battery type, the atomizer/clearomizer/cartomizer/tank? You also went from one extreme to the other on the ratio of PG/VG. I'd suggest trying some 50/50 and go from there. Just a thought. :)

Birddog said exactly what I was going to say. Those are the symptoms I get when I have vaped too much nicotine. I would go down to 6mg first and see if the symptom persist. It does seem like you do need a little nicotine to keep you from wanting analogs. You must have been a very light smoker. Sometimes when I am driving and I am vaping a juice that I like a lot I will find myself chain vaping and then the headache comes and I feel anxious and jittery. That is caused by too much nicotine so I have to put it down for awhile until those symptoms go away. I hope that helps josh and welcome to Vapor Talk.

If you were only hitting the Blu e-cigs once a day, then you are definitely, probably getting much more nicotine now than you were. Like the others said, cut your nic level down to 6, and then cut your consumption by I'd say about half again if you are vaping more than you used the Blu.

If you were only hitting the Blu e-cigs once a day, then you are definitely, probably getting much more nicotine now than you were. Like the others said, cut your nic level down to 6, and then cut your consumption by I'd say about half again if you are vaping more than you used the Blu.

I think he meant he was using one disposable e-cig a day. So really he went through an entire disposable not just hitting it once. Also are you chewing your Nicorette on top of it? If you are that could very well be helping you to overdose the nicotine in your system. Just saying! :wave: welcome to VT!

I think he meant he was using one disposable e-cig a day. So really he went through an entire disposable not just hitting it once. Also are you chewing your Nicorette on top of it? If you are that could very well be helping you to overdose the nicotine in your system. Just saying! :wave: welcome to VT!

Yeah, that's what I assumed he meant - so getting about 1 ml of juice per day from the Blu - but he didn't say if he kept up that slow rate with the PV set up, or if he increased. I myself would have increased, but that's me, I'm very orally fixated, and I don't have to worry about being in a workplace environment, either. So unless I'm out somewhere that I CAN'T vape (like inside my in-laws' house), I vape when I want to vape, etc. While I can't vape inside my in laws' house (I can go outside) I CAN vape inside my parents' house, and in my momma's car, as she doesn't have, you know, breathing problems, she just quit smoking 13 years ago. But she's given me the green light to vape in her house and in her car, and she's even gone into a vape shop with me.

• 1 month later...

I was using 18 mg nic when I started vaping, After a while I started getting the sick feeling so I cut back to 12mg and felt better. I have continued to cut the nic level now I'm at 8mg and I think that's my optimum level. I will probably eventually go lower but I no longer get the sickotine symptoms.

Would you believe the reason I actually dropped down from 18 mg nic was because I couldn't get my favorite flavor from Vapor Beast in 18 mg nic reliably - they would sell out of the higher mg of nicotine within hours of it being added to the website. So I bit the bullet, and just bought that one flavor in 8 nic. Then I started dropping my other flavors to 12 nic as I replaced the bottles, but I still have some high nic level bottles left that I'm slowly working through.

My sister vapes a higher nic level than I do (I am at 18, I don't know what her exact number is) and anytime she lets me take a puff to taste a new flavor, I feel like I am blowing the back of my skull out. Take it slow is my best advice. That being said, I am happy to see another person moving away from analogs.

My sister vapes a higher nic level than I do (I am at 18, I don't know what her exact number is) and anytime she lets me take a puff to taste a new flavor, I feel like I am blowing the back of my skull out. Take it slow is my best advice. That being said, I am happy to see another person moving away from analogs.

I would guess that she's vaping either 24, or what is it, 32, 34, 36? I'm not sure they can sell higher than that. Yeah, if you are on 18, and got hit with 24, it would knock your socks off.

When we first started, now, we smoked lights, but the store we went to only had the flavor we wanted in 24 nic and then 12. The maker makes 18, they were just out of it - otherwise they were recommending 18 mg since we smoked lights, even though we smoked a pack and a half to two packs a day. After a little bit, we started feeling the extra nicotine. But then we got used to it. We bought our next bottle at 18 nic, which is where we should have been, but man, I had gotten used to that 24, and I ended up missing the extra hit.

But all in all, I think we've both dropped our nic levels down pretty quickly, six months in, and we are both in the 8 - 12 range.

I am at 18mg and happy, almost 9 months in my wife is still on 24. Its all in what you want. Neither of us are on a path to become nicotine free but rather to not smoke tobacco. I do not foresee another drop anytime soon for me and I still keep one tank of 24mg with me for those "as needed" occasions.

I started on the Blus and theyre 1.8% or 18mg. However the density of the vape your getting now is much richer depending on how hard you fire your coil. Blu didnt work for me and the 18mg and 11mg does it just fine. I did notice a slight headache during the first week. I just attributed this to the lack of other chemicals i wasnt getting anymore from analogs. So far so good. Almost two weeks in and i still have not had a single craving