100% VG, How is this possible?

How is it possible to have a Juice that is a true 100% VG?

This is a question that has been bugging me for a while now. I have done enough DIY over the years to know that 99.9% of flavorings are either PG base, Oil Base, or Alcohol Base. At best, it could only be 5pg/90vg once the flavoring is added. Some would even be a higher percentage of PG/Oil/Alcohol depending on how much base flavoring is added. Having said that, VG does not absorb flavor very well. So, in most cases it has more flavoring added to it cutting the percentage down even more. :iiam:

From Virgin Vapors FAQ

Our ingredients are simple: nicotine, organic vegetable glycerin, distilled water and certified organic flavors. Some of our organic flavors come in an organic ethyl alcohol base. If you would prefer an alcohol-free e-liquid, please order from our Absolute line. On request, your e-liquid will also contain propylene glycol. Our e-liquids NEVER contain artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners or any other additives.

Even they use PG. It is one of those things that is hard if not impossible to do if you add any flavoring to Juice. I get the organic thing and that has good points. I do my best to add only non artificial flavors to my DIY as well, Less is better. :)

Alien Vision, most of their juice is 100% vg. Ben has a PG allergy and starting mixing juice to avoid having the allergy issue. He has his flavorings made for him 100% vg.

But yes i agree most flavorings are pg or alcohol so 100% vg would be hard to reach.

Alien Vision, most of their juice is 100% vg. Ben has a PG allergy and starting mixing juice to avoid having the allergy issue. He has his flavorings made for him 100% vg.

But yes i agree most flavorings are pg or alcohol so 100% vg would be hard to reach.

I can understand that and yes that would make sense. This is why I was asking. If someone is allergic to PG having it in the flavoring would/could trigger a reaction. Makes me wonder about other claims of 100% VG if they are doing the same or just using, as Jeffb mentioned, 100%VG base only.

I'm just the opposite of Ben, I have to watch the VG content in what I Vape do to being type 2 diabetic, VG ups my blood sugar level. Pg does as well, but not as much as VG.

From Virgin Vapors FAQ

Even they use PG. It is one of those things that is hard if not impossible to do if you add any flavoring to Juice. I get the organic thing and that has good points. I do my best to add only non artificial flavors to my DIY as well, Less is better. :)

But they only use PG "on your request." It's not in their usual mix. :)

I know it's splitting hairs, but I think stating "Our juice is 100% PG free unless otherwise requested" would be more accurate . :) Unless I'm just missing the concept of 100% VG and that would not include Alcohol or Oils...

I'm asking this because I want to be clear what the community views as 100% VG. That it basically means that the Juice is 100% PG free more than 100% VG...

Edited by Compenstine

Am I reading this wrong? But to me, it says "On request, your liquid will also contain PG" meaning that you can request a PG/VG mix, but otherwise it would be 100% VG with no PG added?

From Virgin Vapors FAQ

Am I reading this wrong? But to me, it says "On request, your liquid will also contain PG" meaning that you can request a PG/VG mix, but otherwise it would be 100% VG with no PG added?

No, you're not reading it wrong. I believe they use distilled water to cut the thickness of the juice, if I remember correctly and...yes, yes I do.

"Our ingredients are simple: nicotine, organic vegetable glycerin, distilled water and certified organic flavors. Some of our organic flavors come in an organic ethyl alcohol base. If you would prefer an alcohol-free e-liquid, please order from our Absolute line. On request, your e-liquid will also contain propylene glycol. Our e-liquids NEVER contain artificial colors, artificial flavors, artificial sweeteners or any other additives."

Emphasis mine. Read the FAQ here: http://www.virginvapor.com/pages/frequently-asked-questions

Only if you request it do they use PG in your juices. I've ordered from them before and their juices are good, if a tiny bit on the "more expensive than other places" side. :)

I got turned on to Virgin Vapors with one of the first YouTube vaping videos I watched and I've been hooked ever since. Granted I haven't tried many other ejuice vendors yet, but as of right now VV is my favorite and it's all I've been vaping. Black Cherry Marshmallow and Cherry Vanilla Swirl are just amazing. I've got a fresh batch of Dark Roast Turkish coffee and Death by Chocolate I'm going to mix this morning and try.

• 11 months later...

I've been vaping Virgin Vapor's %100 VG Organic E-liquid with alcohol, for quite a while now.

My good friend is now making his own e-liquid and so by proxy I've learned a few things about e-juice/e-liquid.

The one commentor is right, it's extremely hard to find concentrate flavors with absolutely no PG in them.

Since my friend's flavoring has a minute amount of PG, he doesn't need to use ethyl alcohol in his mix, which I find even tastier personally.

Also I'm thinking the tiny amount of PG in that concentrate isn't enough to (obviously) make a flavor difference or (in my mind) a health difference.

The way Virgin Vapors is able to provide a %100 VG liquid is by the very fact they use alcohol.

I'll expand on this further as I learn more. However it is safe to say Virgin Vapor's 100% VG is in fact 100% VG.

banner.png?p=2_3_2014_20_7_45_30.4375_10

Edited by DJ Colonel Corn

I have learned a lot since I first posted this. There are a fair amount of PG free flavorings out there. I was unaware these at the time I posted this. Having said that, I just think a better term would be "PG Free" since even adding alcohol, water... etc technically would make it less than a true 100% VG. :)

I have learned a lot since I first posted this. There are a fair amount of PG free flavorings out there. I was unaware these at the time I posted this. Having said that, I just think a better term would be "PG Free" since even adding alcohol, water... etc technically would make it less than a true 100% VG. :)

I didn't want to sound like a smart a*s. It is mathematically impossible to have 100 percent vg, unless it is pure vg. Of course using rounding, i guess it just depends on how many decimals you carry it to.

I am with you a much better term would be PG Free or 0% PG.

From what I have read, VG is not a good solvent to extract flavors, so something such as alcohol, water, or something else would have to be used. Of course it could be concentrated into minute amounts....

Flavorings are the biggest expense in making Juice. Other wise it wouldn't be so tasty. :yes

Ive been mixing my own, for a short period of time, and have learned this the hard way. I cant stop ordering different flavors and trying them!

LOL Yeah I was the same way, and still am to some degree. My biggest problem is keeping my wife from raiding my flavorings at Christmas time for making hard candy. :D Although it is not so bad now that I buy in bulk. ;) It only takes 2 drams to make a batch, but when she wants to raid my samples that are only 4 drams, it causes issues.

I have never been able to make a 100% VG and quite honestly would not want to because it would not work in any of my clearos.

I have developed a PG-free recipe with all the flavor coming form essential oils, plus water to thin it to an approx 50/50 viscosity:

VG Nic Base

+ VG

+ 18% distilled H2O

+ 2% pure peppermint oil

I have found this works in any type of carto, clearo, rba, or rda, but the strength of the peppermint and the sweetness of the VG will vary based on the topper used.

My next step is to try some of the other fruit flavor essential oils.

Just some friendly advice Copper... Oils are not good for your lungs. Because it doesn't vaporize, the oil will coat your lungs and will not metabolize through the lung tissue. It is your choice of course, I just wanted to put it out there in case you were not aware. :)

Just some friendly advice Copper... Oils are not good for your lungs. Because it doesn't vaporize, the oil will coat your lungs and will not metabolize through the lung tissue. It is your choice of course, I just wanted to put it out there in case you were not aware. :)

Perhaps I should not have posted that because this does seem to be a controversial topic. But essential oils are not oils in the typical sense. The are "concentrated hydrophobic liquid containing volatile aroma compounds from plants".

In fact, I have seen food chemists state that these essential oils are already in many of the food flavorings that we are already using.

I am not arguing your point because I just don't know. Just stating what I have seen so far.

DISCLAIMER: I am just starting to learn about essential oils in DIY primarily as a means of eliminating PG in my liquids. Any going down this path should do their own research to make sure it is safe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well. When we say not %100 we mean VERY small quantities of PG, just tehcnically not able to say "%100" because the flavorings and even the nicotine itself has a minute amount of PG in it.

That said, Virgin Vapor has gone thru painful steps to assure that people who are allergic to PG can safely vape their %100 VG liquids.

Oh and hey don't regret starting the thread, it's a great discussion !

I personally don't like the throat hit PG gives me, but maybe some people get that from analog tobacco and therefore want it in their liquid.

The other issue that seems to be escaping people is, it's a matter of expense. If you use NO PG, you WILL use more flavoring concentrate to get the desired flavor than if you were to use PG. That's all. It's not a difficulty other than spending more for your precious liquid. Same goes for the companies.

On a side note, I've found that Virgin Vapor's %100 VG Blueberry will NOT vape in some atomizers. I'd really like to know why it doesn't. Tried em all with my local supply of liquid, and they vaped it just fine.

So, if anyone has some input as to why a Virgin Vapor %100 VG wouldn't vape in some atomizers/clearomizers, I'd appreciate it.

All the best, and happy vaping !

sig3842.png