0 nic for a week

Jeffb

I currently vape 6mg. I had a health screening yesterday for a life insurance policy, so I vaped 0 nic for a week prior. Im hoping nic doesnt show up in my blood work. I read it takes 48-72 hours for the nic to get out of the body. It was a tough week. I didnt realize how addicted I am to nic. Vaping 0 nic was very frustrating and completely didnt satisfy. I was very irritable the first part of the week. My co-workers steered clear of me :D

Good for you, Jeff. I hope your screen comes back clean. :)

As do I, but realize if you pay non smoker rates upon death they will do a blood test and if it comes back positive for nicotine they can deny the claim. Just FYI.

As do I, but realize if you pay non smoker rates upon death they will do a blood test and if it comes back positive for nicotine they can deny the claim. Just FYI.

Yeah I thought about that. :( I plan on dying in a fiery crash so there wont be any blood to test. :D

Yeah I thought about that. :( I plan on dying in a fiery crash so there wont be any blood to test. :D

I could tell you how I know this but it would violate a term and condition of the forum lol. I was too going to have to take a "test" for a life ins policy, pass it, then live my life as I always have. They let me know even if I passed the "test" and failed one upon death, my policy would be nullified.

• 2 months later...

Gee, last time I was insurable, they just asked if I smoked (life insurance wise). They took it on faith and didn't test for nicotine when I said no (BTW, nic stays in your body 2 hours, double that if it's mentholated). But I haven't been insurable for anything other than term policies since 2000.

They took it on faith and didn't test for nicotine when I said no (BTW, nic stays in your body 2 hours, double that if it's mentholated).

It takes longer than 2 hours for your body to rid itself of nicotine. After smoking a cigarette the body metabolizes the nicotine into continine. Continine is the bio-marker that is measured in blood and urine tests. Nicotine (continine) can remain in the body for a few days or up to several months. This is dependent on the frequency, duration and quantity of how much one person smoked.

When I was researching this topic earlier in the year, it was the consensus that nic stays in your body at least 72 hours. BirdDog is correct about the Continine.

I vaped 0 nic for 5 days prior to my physical and passed. :)

Gee, last time I was insurable, they just asked if I smoked (life insurance wise). They took it on faith and didn't test for nicotine when I said no (BTW, nic stays in your body 2 hours, double that if it's mentholated). But I haven't been insurable for anything other than term policies since 2000.

The reason they only ask and didnt test is because it works in their favor if you answer dishonestly. They do not care if you smoke. Think about it, they ask and you say yes so they get slightly higher premiums. They ask and you say no, they get slightly lower premiums and when they test for it upon your death, they pay out 0 because you didn't answer the question honestly. That's why they didn't test for it and most still do not. There is no upside really for them.

I spoke with a friend just the other day that owns a big insurance company here in town. I asked about the nicotine testing and how it relates to a life policy. He said insurance companies as a whole only go by testing for nicotine and someone using the patch, nicorette, or e-cig would be considered "smokers" by insurance company standards no matter how unfair.

If you're on 0 nic have you reached the stage where you feel you don't need to vape ?

Or will you carry on for the sake of having something to do ?

I can understand vaping as a replacement for nic but without nic you might as well just walk around with a tooth pic ?

If you're on 0 nic have you reached the stage where you feel you don't need to vape ?

Or will you carry on for the sake of having something to do ?

I can understand vaping as a replacement for nic but without nic you might as well just walk around with a tooth pic ?

Read the OP

• 2 months later...

i vape 3 nic now i get a 30 ml bottle of 0 and a 30 ml bottle of 6 and do a 50 50 mix i figured out its not the nic im really addicted to its the acion of smoking and vaping. an a little nic